PDA

View Full Version : When The CATS Away, The MICE Will Play...

High_Plains_Drifter
10-18-2017, 11:03 PM
Looky at what the new board bot, "debater," is doing while there's no mod here... digging up threads from 10+ years ago, repeating irrelevant comments, not responding to anyone ever... but it sure is having a good time.

By the time a mod or admin gets on the board tomorrow it should have posted some kind of garbage in a few hundred old threads. It'll be a real nice mess to clean up.

Kathianne
10-18-2017, 11:05 PM
Looky at what the new board bot, "debater," is doing while there's no mod here... digging up threads from 10+ years ago, repeating irrelevant comments, not responding to anyone ever... but it sure is having a good time.

By the time a mod or admin gets on the board tomorrow it should have posted some kind of garbage in a few hundred old threads. It'll be a real nice mess to clean up.

He's not breaking any rules. Feel free to add him to ignore. If he doesn't get any responses, he'll leave or change.

LongTermGuy
10-19-2017, 12:31 AM
https://www.glocktalk.com/attachments/aa710535-f9ca-49da-9441-c554bb9c6f7f-gif.356915/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niwYg8x9Brw

LongTermGuy
10-19-2017, 12:57 AM

*I sent Jimmy a text...to take a "Looksie"....maybe he will get rid of the useless...robotic...boring... pain in the ass....we will see.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-19-2017, 03:42 AM
He's not breaking any rules. Feel free to add him to ignore. If he doesn't get any responses, he'll leave or change.

""He's not breaking any rules.''
^^^^^ While that may be true, it does nothing to address the reality that to displace all current ongoing topics with old and dead threads is detrimental to the board and the members here, IMHO.
Could be it is an attempt to stop certain topics from being discussed--as in it is a form of attack by way of censorship( by way of replacement!).

And that thought has weight since (it) , the thing doing this does not respond to any comment/reply made back to it.
This is an issue that should be addressed , IMHO..--TYR

Gunny
10-19-2017, 04:44 AM
*I sent Jimmy a text...to take a "Looksie"....maybe he will get rid of the useless...robotic...boring... pain in the ass....we will see.

Jim is already aware of the ass clown. He just hasn't been on since Confuscious decided to spam the place up again.

Kathianne
10-19-2017, 06:46 AM
""He's not breaking any rules.''
^^^^^ While that may be true, it does nothing to address the reality that to displace all current ongoing topics with old and dead threads is detrimental to the board and the members here, IMHO.
Could be it is an attempt to stop certain topics from being discussed--as in it is a form of attack by way of censorship( by way of replacement!).

And that thought has weight since (it) , the thing doing this does not respond to any comment/reply made back to it.
This is an issue that should be addressed , IMHO..--TYR

It has been raised before now. Looking at it again for obvious reasons. Believe it or not, we do try to give some time for folks to get with the system. Abuse of openness though is not going to let someone ruin the board for everyone else.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-19-2017, 07:33 AM
It has been raised before now. Looking at it again for obvious reasons. Believe it or not, we do try to give some time for folks to get with the system. Abuse of openness though is not going to let someone ruin the board for everyone else.
I did put "it" on ignore.

"It" hasn't responded to anyone since it came here, which gives me pause to believe it's not a person at all, it's a program or bot.

Why would any sane person dig up a thread from 11 years ago to post some inane garbage that's usually anti American that half the time has nothing to do with the thread topic? It also appears to now be making duplicate posts, again, half the time have nothing to do with the thread.

Why would it chose a board name like "debater" when it hasn't responded to single replied to it? Is that "debating?"

This thing, person or bot, is a pure 100% troll, no matter how you slice it. Very disrupting.

NightTrain
10-19-2017, 07:37 AM
I did put "it" on ignore.

"It" hasn't responded to anyone since it came here, which gives me pause to believe it's not a person at all, it's a program or bot.

Why would any sane person dig up a thread from 11 years ago to post some inane garbage that's usually anti American that half the time has nothing to do with the thread topic? It also appears to now be making duplicate posts, again, half the time have nothing to do with the thread.

Why would it chose a board name like "debater" when it hasn't responded to single replied to it? Is that "debating?"

This thing, person or bot, is a pure 100% troll, no matter how you slice it. Very disrupting.

We've been monitoring since he/she/it joined, and we're still trying to determine if it's a communist propagandist helping to further rile up the moonbats or if it's some kind of chatbot.

If you've seen any direct response to any human, please let us know... I haven't seen one yet.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-19-2017, 07:42 AM
We've been monitoring since he/she/it joined, and we're still trying to determine if it's a communist propagandist helping to further rile up the moonbats or if it's some kind of chatbot.

If you've seen any direct response to any human, please let us know... I haven't seen one yet.
I tried several times to engage it, even asked it direct questions, even asked it to respond directly... nothing.

This can't be a human, or if it is, it can't even read English. It's here to just post anti American propaganda.

But, I'm sure you guys have a handle on it by now. I have it on ignore. No reason to read anything something is posting when it won't respond to anything you've said in response to their post.

"Debater"... pfft... the name couldn't be more ironic.

pete311
10-19-2017, 08:03 AM
Even I find this new member damaging. I can't figure out what is honestly being talked about or just trolled by him.

jimnyc
10-19-2017, 08:39 AM
I've contacted our new member and asked him to cease the opening of posts older than 30 days or so and to stop one liners and try to participate, not appear like a speed posting robot. We shall see...

High_Plains_Drifter
10-19-2017, 09:15 AM
I've contacted our new member and asked him to cease the opening of posts older than 30 days or so and to stop one liners and try to participate, not appear like a speed posting robot. We shall see...
My bet is you don't get a response, Jim. I'd ask for a direct reply and/or dialogue to prove this was in fact a human.

jimnyc
10-19-2017, 10:06 AM
I think this members current status shows how it's being handled. :)

Just to make folks feel better for the future - even if he made 500 posts overnight, I could clean it in seconds. But if he gets a lot of replies, then of course it would look weird in the future. He's tossed, just leave his crap and it will go down and disappear.

NightTrain
10-19-2017, 07:04 PM
Well, look what I found out on the interwebs!

From a couple months ago :

One user posted the comment "Long live the Communist Party," and received a response from Baby Q asking, "Do you think that such a corrupt and incompetent political regime can live forever?"

Another user asked Baby Q, "Is democracy good or not?" and got the reply: "There needs to be democracy!"

Apple Daily has said it spoke to a former Tencent employee who argued the app had clearly been developed with universal values in mind, and not "Chinese characteristics".

The Hong Kong paper Ming Pao said it is not known if and when the chatbots will reappear.

This is not the first time that bots have attracted controversy.

Internet giant Tencent, which owns most of China's popular social media platforms including WeChat, is keen to become a leader in AI.

It has been developing the technology since early 2016 and employs around 50 researchers in the southern city of Shenzhen who are working to develop AI capabilities on Chinese social media.

More : http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-40815024

Looks like the commies are working out the bugs in their chatbots and this was a test run.

Black Diamond
10-19-2017, 07:41 PM
Didn't Khrushchev say we will bury you without firing a shot ?

LongTermGuy
10-19-2017, 08:28 PM
Jim is already aware of the ass clown. He just hasn't been on since Confuscious decided to spam the place up again.

Ya I know...I told him him the day "debater" signed up after reading a few of his posts...

Gunny
10-19-2017, 08:47 PM
Ya I know...I told him him the day "debater" signed up after reading a few of his posts...Did you? He had already been notified when I banned the assclown the first time. He got another chance when that ban ran out and he blew it.

LongTermGuy
10-21-2017, 03:14 PM
Did you? He had already been notified when I banned the assclown the first time. He got another chance when that ban ran out and he blew it.

...Yes I did when he came back...what difference does it make Big man?...(Translation)...It makes No difference...the little Fool is a cacaroaches...no big deal...on who gets him the first time or second time...JIMMY handled it...