PDA

View Full Version : For the first time in 29 years

jimnyc
10-20-2017, 04:49 PM
The Los Angeles Dodgers are going back to the World Series!!

https://i.imgur.com/v7zCUPa.jpg

They finished off the Cubs in style last night, 11-1. Clayton Kershaw got an easy win with these many runs and lead them to the series. But Kiki Hernandez, the man of the night, he hit 3 home runs last night and one of them was a grand slam, for a total of 7 runs batted in!

So now they wait, and will play the winner of the NY Yankees and Houston Astros series. The Yankees lead that series 3 games to 2, and the next game is tonight at 8pm. I'm pulling for the Yankees, I would love to see that matchup!! And even better, my wife has some connections and "may" be able to get us into one of the games. One of the guys she works with has season tickets, 4 tickets per game.

Gunny
10-20-2017, 04:53 PM
Screw that. I'd like to see those freakin' perennial bridesmaids the Astros actually go for once. F-ing choke masters of MLB beyond compare.

jimnyc
10-20-2017, 04:56 PM
Screw that. I'd like to see those freakin' perennial bridesmaids the Astros actually go for once. F-ing choke masters of MLB beyond compare.

Oh, I wouldn't mind if them either, no doubt!! But then I'm not going to a game. :(

Gunny
10-20-2017, 05:23 PM
Oh, I wouldn't mind if them either, no doubt!! But then I'm not going to a game. :(I won't even watch regardless unless by accident. Never been a fan of watching baseball. Loved to PLAY it.

hjmick
10-20-2017, 05:30 PM
1989... I was in SoCal in 1989... I remember some of it...

Black Diamond
10-20-2017, 05:52 PM
1989... I was in SoCal in 1989... I remember some of it...
Yeah you woke up for the earthquake. :cool:

Black Diamond
10-20-2017, 05:54 PM
https://youtu.be/N4nwMDZYXTI

Black Diamond
10-20-2017, 05:56 PM
I still remember the mets screwing them.

hjmick
10-20-2017, 06:07 PM
Yeah you woke up for the earthquake. :cool:

The only one strong enough to do that was in '94...

What a ride that was...

Black Diamond
10-20-2017, 06:12 PM
Any way scully can do the games?

hjmick
10-20-2017, 06:25 PM
Any way scully can do the games?

At least one would be nice...

Kathianne
10-20-2017, 06:39 PM
The Los Angeles Dodgers are going back to the World Series!!

https://i.imgur.com/v7zCUPa.jpg

They finished off the Cubs in style last night, 11-1. Clayton Kershaw got an easy win with these many runs and lead them to the series. But Kiki Hernandez, the man of the night, he hit 3 home runs last night and one of them was a grand slam, for a total of 7 runs batted in!

So now they wait, and will play the winner of the NY Yankees and Houston Astros series. The Yankees lead that series 3 games to 2, and the next game is tonight at 8pm. I'm pulling for the Yankees, I would love to see that matchup!! And even better, my wife has some connections and "may" be able to get us into one of the games. One of the guys she works with has season tickets, 4 tickets per game.

:cry:

jimnyc
10-20-2017, 06:41 PM
https://youtu.be/N4nwMDZYXTI

Not sure why yours didn't load, but here it is below.

As a big Dodgers fan, I remember that moment very clearly!! Kirk Gibson was my hero for awhile there!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4nwMDZYXTI&feature=youtu.be

gabosaurus
10-21-2017, 11:01 PM
My dad and I are going to Game 2. I hope Verlander pitches for Astros.

jimnyc
10-22-2017, 08:24 AM

Ahhhh crap. There goes game 2! LOL

Can you get tix at Yankee stadium for me? :)

gabosaurus
10-23-2017, 07:25 PM
Ahhhh crap. There goes game 2! LOL

Can you get tix at Yankee stadium for me? :)

Dodger Stadium? I paid $1100 for two tickets on the top deck, just outside of first base. Which is actually below the going rate, since the scalper I have dealt with for several years got them directly from a season ticket holder and not from the open market.
I wanted Game 1 as well, but the cheapest I could get in about the same area was $1600. So I decided to spare our bank account and just go to Game 2.
Funny story: We have been using the same bank since we moved here, so they are used to me withdrawing large amounts of cash to pay for tickets. So when I went in on Friday to get $1100 in cash, the bank manager said "how did you get tickets to the World Series?"
I hate it when people know me that well. :laugh:

Gunny
10-23-2017, 07:28 PM
Dodger Stadium? I paid $1100 for two tickets on the top deck, just outside of first base. Which is actually below the going rate, since the scalper I have dealt with for several years got them directly from a season ticket holder and not from the open market.
I wanted Game 1 as well, but the cheapest I could get in about the same area was $1600. So I decided to spare our bank account and just go to Game 2.
Funny story: We have been using the same bank since we moved here, so they are used to me withdrawing large amounts of cash to pay for tickets. So when I went in on Friday to get $1100 in cash, the bank manager said "how did you get tickets to the World Series?"
I hate it when people know me that well. :laugh:Need to do something about your addiction.

gabosaurus
10-23-2017, 07:38 PM
Baseball is an incurable addiction. Ask any Cubs fan.

Gunny
10-23-2017, 08:26 PM
Baseball is an incurable addiction. Ask any Cubs fan.Nah. I used to play it and not watch it. When I outgrew playing it I STILL didn't watch it. I sure as Hell wouldn't pay what you do for something that comes on TV. And save it. Been to plenty of games. Used to play in them in 3 sports. So there IS "something like it". It's called a recliner.

You better HOPE and PRAY Houston doesn't take the WS. You will NEVER, EVER, NEVER hear the end of it. I promise.:happy0203:

jimnyc
10-26-2017, 10:32 AM

Yup, I knew it, you done fucked up the series for us. :( :(

Gunny
10-30-2017, 04:00 PM
Yup, I knew it, you done fucked up the series for us. :( :(

Wouldn't worry about it. The 'Stro's will choke. They can't help it. :laugh: