PDA

View Full Version : Obama and Bush decry deep US divisions without naming Trump

Gunny
10-20-2017, 06:59 PM
Former Presidents Barack Obama and George W Bush have voiced concern about the current political climate in the US, in comments seen as a veiled rebuke of Donald Trump's leadership.
Mr Obama urged Americans to reject the politics of "division" and "fear", while Mr Bush criticised "bullying and prejudice" in public life.
They were speaking separately. Neither mentioned President Trump by name.

more ... http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41689805

Partisan politics? Or more than a bit of truth?

Black Diamond
10-20-2017, 07:12 PM
Maybe a bit of both. With Obama it's partisanship, as the divisions started with him. It's just no one said anything or if they did, not very loudly.
Obama had to go on his PC crusades and half the country followed him. The other half hated it. Trump gave those who hated it a voice. Trump has an uncanny ability to fire up his base. He thinks that will be enough and I don't disagree.

Be hilarious watching the left tout dubya speech after railing against him for 16 years.

Gunny
10-20-2017, 07:34 PM
Maybe a bit of both. With Obama it's partisanship, as the divisions started with him. It's just no one said anything or if they did, not very loudly.
Obama had to go on his PC crusades and half the country followed him. The other half hated it. Trump gave those who hated it a voice. Trump has an uncanny ability to fire up his base. He thinks that will be enough and I don't disagree.

Be hilarious watching the left tout dubya speech after railing against him for 16 years.Bush is part of the GOP crowd, like him or not, and part of that crowd does not like nor support Trump. It's most obvious in Congress. Trump is not a conservative, and he is definitely a RINO.

To me, the MSM, and 8 years of Obama have done more to divide this country than anything. Obama is nothing BUT divisive and so is the media. The media tell the left what to cry about, and like good little sheep they bleat right along. The division has many faces. One is those who cry and those who are sick of the crying.

Black Diamond
10-21-2017, 01:19 PM
Sanders said the administration doesn't think Bush 43 was aiming the comments at the administration. Bannon and I disagree with her. Anyone seen a response from Trump himself ?

Black Diamond
10-21-2017, 03:23 PM
Dubya keeps quiet for 8 years under Obama and now comes after trump ?

jimnyc
10-21-2017, 03:48 PM
I still love seeing 'ol GWB. :)

Black Diamond
10-21-2017, 03:49 PM
Is he stumping for his brother already ?

Black Diamond
10-21-2017, 03:55 PM
I admired him for not criticizing the president after he left. Now it seems he is

Gunny
10-23-2017, 03:06 PM
I admired him for not criticizing the president after he left. Now it seems he isDepends on your perspective. The topic is about division. A British article from he people Trump just claimed were allowing an increase in Islamic terrorism by their immigration policy. Does he think they won't shoot back?

All fun things aside, Trump is a quite a divider. You can't yuck it up every time he tells someone they suck and to shove it up their asses without also acknowledging the
consequences to doing so.I usually think it's funny as Hell when he does, but I also recognize he's alienating a LOT of people. When payback time comes -- and it will -- it won't be pretty. And for all his talk, Trump has done nothing or not been allowed to do anything to stave it off or cement it out.

As far as Obama is concerned, he needs to STFU. No one's done more to divide this nation than he has except maybe Lincoln. He did more to stir up racial tension than Wilson viewing "A Birth of a Nation" at the White House.

As previously stated, Bush is a Republican. Old school party man. The GOP did NOT put Trump in office. Hillary Clinton did. The GOP's support for Trump at best has been half-hearted. If Bush doesn't like Trump (I have no idea), he's not the only conservative that doesn't.

The division in the US has ALWAYS been there whether or not those with their heads in the sand wish to see it for what it is or not. Start with Tories vs the Rebels (Americans) during the Revolutionary War and go from there. If the division within the Republican Party doesn't get itself un-f*cked, plan on another Obama-like critter as President. And for the "drain the swamp" talk and/or the Republicans that won't run again, those are not guaranteed GOP seats. The RNC has done nothing.

Trump has fed both the division between the US the MSM has been stoking non-stop, and the one withing the GOP. No good end can come of it.