PDA

View Full Version : My best buddy, Rocky, is gone

SassyLady
10-21-2017, 05:21 AM
Had to put Rocky, my little guy that was so sick in 2014, to sleep on Wednesday ... heart and liver function failing and beginning of cancer in lungs. Why is this always so hard to do?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10949&stc=1http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10950&stc=1http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10951&stc=1

NightTrain
10-21-2017, 06:44 AM
Oh, Sassy... I'm so sorry. I know you loved him dearly.

jimnyc
10-21-2017, 08:51 AM
Oh no, I feel for you Sassy, it's difficult, and losing our little children is so so difficult.

But after you grieve and start to feel better, truly think about this. I'm sure Rocky would agree. Get right back out there and save another life, give another a great home, share Rocky's stuff and fill that gap in your heart, even if a little bit!

https://i.imgur.com/AdvB7ZW.jpg

LongTermGuy
10-21-2017, 11:07 AM
​Very sorry Sassy....been there...always so hard....feel the pain in chest and stomach...

Black Diamond
10-21-2017, 01:03 PM
Oh no sass. Very sad day. So sorry.

darin
10-23-2017, 12:58 AM
how you holding up, Sassy? Day by day. Keep breathing.

Kathianne
10-23-2017, 05:48 AM
Sassy, my condolences. I was lucky to meet Rocky, twice. As I mentioned to you, even though he was essentially blind by the time I got to meet him, I couldn't help but fall in love with the little guy. His loyalty to you, but his affection towards anyone that would reach down and give him a pet and a 'good boy,' would light him up. I can only imagine what he was like as a healthy dog, melting hearts as you know. Hugs to you, my friend.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-23-2017, 06:03 AM
I am very sorry for your great loss my friend. I know that when such tragedy visits , the depths of sorrow can be all consuming....
Pray that you do not face that severity and instead concentrate on the good times... God bless.......---Tyr

High_Plains_Drifter
10-23-2017, 11:22 AM
So, soooo sorry to hear about your Sassy. I think we love our little furry partners more than we love most people.

My most sincere condolences, may he/she rest in peace in dog heaven.

hjmick
10-23-2017, 03:38 PM
My Dog: The Paradox (http://theoatmeal.com/comics/dog_paradox)

Kathianne
10-23-2017, 05:30 PM
My Dog: The Paradox (http://theoatmeal.com/comics/dog_paradox)

There is just something about dogs...

hjmick
10-23-2017, 05:43 PM
There is just something about dogs...

Never trust a man who doesn't like dogs...

jimnyc
10-23-2017, 05:48 PM
Dogs really are our best friends, and taking a vow like below is probably something they really do in doggy land. It's the only thing that would explain their dedication to their owners, and their love.

And their love is unconditional, no matter what and no matter when. It's nice to be loved, even if by a furry little bastard. And then we get so used to them being in our laps, or on our beds if that's allowed, or watching TV with us, or the usual that we all get to "enjoy" is them going berserk whenever we come home from being away.

https://i.imgur.com/lzc6jbg.jpg

Abbey Marie
10-23-2017, 05:59 PM
I'm so sorry Sassy. It is so hard.

If you would like the name of a web site for grieving pet owners, let me know. It helped us so much.

SassyLady
10-24-2017, 05:56 AM
how you holding up, Sassy? Day by day. Keep breathing.

Picking up his stuff ... beds, blankets, toys, etc. Is killing me. With all the stuff he has it was ironically the jar his cookies were stored in that broke me. We had a ritual we did every time he went out to do his business of him getting a cookie as reward. Taking those cookies and jerky treats out of container to put in bag to donate broke me. Then later on when I decided to wash out all his bowls and blankets I lost it again.

When we put our first dog of the three, Bear, down we still had Xander and Rocky to help us transition. And then when we put Xander down we still had Rocky to help us through the transition because we still had him to take care of and he gave us the love that only a pet can give. But this time there's no other soul to help us with the transition and it's the hardest one yet.

I don't plan to ever get another dog so giving away all his things. I have his collar hanging on my car mirror and will have other special items to remember him by ... but for now its a piece by piece thing to gather up and hesitant because don't know which one will set off firestorm of heart wrenching sobbing.

SassyLady
10-24-2017, 06:00 AM
So, soooo sorry to hear about your Sassy. I think we love our little furry partners more than we love most people.

My most sincere condolences, may he/she rest in peace in dog heaven.

So, so true. The only Souls that I've lost in my life that were close to me are my pets. I have lost family members, mother, father, sister but I was not close to any of them.

SassyLady
10-24-2017, 06:09 AM
Couple of years ago when he could still see and was fearless.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10958&stc=1

darin
10-24-2017, 06:27 AM
Picking up his stuff ... beds, blankets, toys, etc. Is killing me. With all the stuff he has it was ironically the jar his cookies were stored in that broke me. We had a ritual we did every time he went out to do his business of him getting a cookie as reward. Taking those cookies and jerky treats out of container to put in bag to donate broke me. Then later on when I decided to wash out all his bowls and blankets I lost it again.

When we put our first dog of the three, Bear, down we still had Xander and Rocky to help us transition. And then when we put Xander down we still had Rocky to help us through the transition because we still had him to take care of and he gave us the love that only a pet can give. But this time there's no other soul to help us with the transition and it's the hardest one yet.

I don't plan to ever get another dog so giving away all his things. I have his collar hanging on my car mirror and will have other special items to remember him by ... but for now its a piece by piece thing to gather up and hesitant because don't know which one will set off firestorm of heart wrenching sobbing.

I respect that...that choice. I can't imagine being there. I know after my pups are gone - the next pups will probably (hopefully) outlive ME.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-24-2017, 07:18 AM
So, so true. The only Souls that I've lost in my life that were close to me are my pets. I have lost family members, mother, father, sister but I was not close to any of them.
I said after I had to have my big ole orange cat partner just days shy of twenty years old put to sleep, that I would never have another pet. Like you, I was crushed when he passed away. I didn't think it would effect me as bad as it did, but it really hit me. I was in a fog for days with sorrow, but then three weeks later at a campfire the next little critter presented itself as if on que, and to make things even more as if by fate, the new critter has the same little dot on the left side her nose like other cat had. Makes me wonder if a higher power just decided I needed another little partner since I live alone, and gave me a clue that it wasn't just coincidence with the little dot on the nose. So never say never... ya never know what's going to happen. I know exactly how you feel right now though, the grief is almost overwhelming. I think it's one of the toughest things we have to do in life to lose one of our furry loved ones. Hang in there... the pain will ease...

Kathianne
10-24-2017, 08:56 AM

Wallowing is part of healing, all the sudden you will 'just' miss him. It will be ok. More hugs zinging through to you. Also working on the shoulder and certification, we'll get together I pray, asap! You have so many that care!

Kathianne
10-24-2017, 08:59 AM
I respect that...that choice. I can't imagine being there. I know after my pups are gone - the next pups will probably (hopefully) outlive ME.

Nah, you will be around for several more-you just 'feel old,' probably were born that way. :laugh2:

darin
10-25-2017, 02:13 AM
Nah, you will be around for several more-you just 'feel old,' probably were born that way. :laugh2:

:D

If Aoife lives to 15, 10 years from now I'll be 55. Another dog living 15 years would put me at 70...which is probably about the end of the line or close to it.