PDA

View Full Version : Wilson claims "empty barrel" is racist, MSNBC runs with racism too

jimnyc
10-21-2017, 01:11 PM
The race card being used this year is getting out of hand. If there are instances of racism out there, a lot may be ignored or overshadowed by the non-stop use of the term by Washington, the media, the pundits or anyone else who thinks it will help them, or harm an opponent. But far too many times there is no racism involved at all.

This is just one small example. This woman is compounding her idiocy by making shit up. When in doubt and someone makes you look silly, play the race card in any way you can. :rolleyes:

--

FACT CHECK: Is ‘Empty Barrel’ A Racist Term?

Democratic Rep. Frederica Wilson claimed Friday that White House Chief of Staff John Kelly used a “racist term” when he described her as an “empty barrel.”

Kelly made the remark during a press briefing Thursday while defending a phone call that President Donald Trump made to the widow of a fallen soldier.

Verdict: False

The Daily Caller News Foundation could not find any instances where “empty barrel” has been used as a racial epithet.

Fact Check:

During an interview Friday on CNN, Wilson claimed she had looked up the term “empty barrel” in the dictionary and found it to be a racist term.

“That’s a racist term,” said Wilson. “We looked it up in the dictionary because I had never heard of an empty barrel. And I don’t like to be dragged into something like that.”

But TheDCNF found no evidence that the term has racial connotations. The phrase originated from the proverb “empty vessels make most noise” that dates back to at least the 15th century.

According to the Oxford Dictionary of Word Origins, the proverb means that “foolish people are always the most talkative.” Similarly, the Oxford Dictionary of Proverbs defines it this way: “Shallow people with nothing valuable to say are the most talkative or noisy.”

TheDCNF also found no informal use of the term that would suggest a racial connotation. Even Urban Dictionary, a crowdsourcing website for slang terms, did not list any definitions of “empty barrel” or “empty vessel,” as of Friday morning.

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/20/fact-check-is-empty-barrel-a-racist-term/

Black Diamond
10-21-2017, 01:16 PM
This kind of talk helps trump.

LongTermGuy
10-21-2017, 07:38 PM
This kind of talk helps trump.

​Absolutely brotha....just goes to show...how stupid and low-info some are in the Dem party...their foaming at the mouth natural anti-white racism....along with the low-info.... entitled..."yes we can" (obama style) fools who put (this clown) `her` in office...really does help Trump and the Americans who voted him into office....8 years of "yes we can" obama...deceit...twist and Ignorance... spoiled many of these folks.....Everything is racist with these people....everything....Gimmie...gimmie....gimmie. ..

http://defendernetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Frederica.jpg

Black Diamond
10-21-2017, 10:29 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10955&stc=1

Black Diamond
10-21-2017, 11:57 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10956&stc=1

High_Plains_Drifter
10-22-2017, 10:50 PM
I swear to God, that if you prefer white chicken meat to dark, YOU'RE A RACIST... if you prefer white milk to chocolate, YOU'RE A RACIST... if you like CHEVY'S instead of FORDS... YOU'RE A RACIST!

This RAAAAAYYYYYYYCIST shit is so fucking overblown and out of hand it's PATHETIC.

LongTermGuy
10-23-2017, 12:05 AM
I swear to God, that if you prefer white chicken meat to dark, YOU'RE A RACIST... if you prefer white milk to chocolate, YOU'RE A RACIST... if you like CHEVY'S instead of FORDS... YOU'RE A RACIST!

This RAAAAAYYYYYYYCIST shit is so fucking overblown and out of hand it's PATHETIC.

...Thats because a small minority of low-info entitled natural racist "say so"...and enjoy the agenda driven Plantation life.... which the Dems desperately Need.....the Leftist media machine has nothing else to run on ...so they push the crap...(better known) as deceit...twist ....garbage... and Ignorance...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-23-2017, 08:28 AM
The race card being used this year is getting out of hand. If there are instances of racism out there, a lot may be ignored or overshadowed by the non-stop use of the term by Washington, the media, the pundits or anyone else who thinks it will help them, or harm an opponent. But far too many times there is no racism involved at all.

This is just one small example. This woman is compounding her idiocy by making shit up. When in doubt and someone makes you look silly, play the race card in any way you can. :rolleyes:

--

FACT CHECK: Is ‘Empty Barrel’ A Racist Term?

Democratic Rep. Frederica Wilson claimed Friday that White House Chief of Staff John Kelly used a “racist term” when he described her as an “empty barrel.”

Kelly made the remark during a press briefing Thursday while defending a phone call that President Donald Trump made to the widow of a fallen soldier.

Verdict: False

The Daily Caller News Foundation could not find any instances where “empty barrel” has been used as a racial epithet.

Fact Check:

During an interview Friday on CNN, Wilson claimed she had looked up the term “empty barrel” in the dictionary and found it to be a racist term.

“That’s a racist term,” said Wilson. “We looked it up in the dictionary because I had never heard of an empty barrel. And I don’t like to be dragged into something like that.”

But TheDCNF found no evidence that the term has racial connotations. The phrase originated from the proverb “empty vessels make most noise” that dates back to at least the 15th century.

According to the Oxford Dictionary of Word Origins, the proverb means that “foolish people are always the most talkative.” Similarly, the Oxford Dictionary of Proverbs defines it this way: “Shallow people with nothing valuable to say are the most talkative or noisy.”

TheDCNF also found no informal use of the term that would suggest a racial connotation. Even Urban Dictionary, a crowdsourcing website for slang terms, did not list any definitions of “empty barrel” or “empty vessel,” as of Friday morning.

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/20/fact-check-is-empty-barrel-a-racist-term/

Truth does not matter to these types of vermin my friend. They are playing to those ignorant enough to have put them into power!
Where they know that ignorance is their shield and even those in that group that do see the truth, will bust their chops to try to destroy it for them.
And that is why they took over mainstream media and the public school system first, IMHO.--TYR

PostmodernProphet
10-23-2017, 01:23 PM
its true.......only blacks use barrels.......

Bilgerat
10-23-2017, 03:12 PM
Wear your glasses so you can see better

https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22688070_10159426657435246_3015604934678732060_n.j pg?oh=2bacc1884020edf54754fc38ef12ffcc&oe=5A62DA55

Gunny
10-23-2017, 07:34 PM
Can't they fire Congress critters? I mean, what is it they have to do before they get tossed? Obviously, the DNC isn't going to put idiots like this in check. The GOP could lose a Senator or two as well and it wouldn't break MY heart. McShame, the latest star of "The Spew" comes to mind.

Abbey Marie
10-23-2017, 09:00 PM
Racism is very easy to spot.

Did a white person say it?
It's racist

Did a black person say it?
It's not racist.

There ya go. Simple.

LongTermGuy
10-23-2017, 10:31 PM
Racism is very easy to spot.

Did a white persona say it?
It's racist

Did a black person say it?
It's not racist.

There ya go. Simple.

Yep! Funny how that works...started by a small minority and made Possible by leftist (Liberal) Media...Into unspoken law controlled by the left...

https://themidnightalliance.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/i-dont-know-shrug.gif?w=720

Good to see you back ABBEY ...