PDA

View Full Version : spontaneous life in space?

truthmatters
08-12-2007, 10:37 AM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2241753.ece

manu1959
08-12-2007, 10:39 AM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2241753.ece

what will this mean to your view of life?

let me know when they publish where space came from...

truthmatters
08-12-2007, 10:41 AM

JohnDoe
08-12-2007, 10:55 AM
To me Tm, this is confirmation of the Bible's truths.

How, 5000 or so years ago, did the writers of the Bible KNOW that life could come from Dust? We are told, that the Human bodies are made from Dust and will return to dust upon death! :)

'Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return' (Genesis 3:19)

truthmatters
08-12-2007, 11:02 AM

manu1959
08-12-2007, 11:14 AM
It has always exsisted.

Why is it easy for you to accept God has always exsisted when you have no proof he ever did yet you have full evidence space exsists?

not possible......

what makes you think i belive there is a god?

manu1959
08-12-2007, 11:18 AM
I would think it was pretty plain to man he turned to dust after death.

It would then be very easy to think "Hey we must be made from dust"

Plants grow from the earth we eat the plant the plant becomes us and then we die and become dust and the plant grows from us.

Its a cycle which religions like the pangan religion recognised before christianity exsisted.

Let me remind you christains killed people who did not agree with them.

All religions have history of doing so.

I would love to see a world where no one was killed or harmed for what they choose to believe about these things.

so we are canibals? ..... anyway....how did the dust get into outerspace to become living things then back to earth to become humans....

let me remind you non qhristians killed people who did not agree with them....

all non-religious groups have a history of doing so.....

there will never be a world like that.....the dust just gets angry sometimes....

truthmatters
08-12-2007, 11:20 AM

manu1959
08-12-2007, 11:43 AM
I guess I assumed by you sig that you did believe in God.

The thing about this Camus quote is he assumes that not believig in god equates to doing things to harm your fellow man.

I have always found many reasons not to harm but to help my fellow man without believing in god.

I am kind not out of fear but out of knowledge.

you should read some of camus work.....it would become clear to you....or maybe not.....

do you belive in a god?....do you believe there is nothing to learn or nothing of use in religious writings?

manu1959
08-12-2007, 11:47 AM
who are these non religious groups who have killed people?

"so we are cannibals? ..... anyway....how did the dust get into outer space to become living things then back to earth to become humans...."

Are you not aware of how the solar system was formed?

vlad the impaler, atila the hun....and more recently, the russians the chinese....http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/dictat.html

i am aware of a variety of therories....to which do you ascribe?

5stringJeff
08-12-2007, 12:18 PM
August 12, 2007

Dust ‘comes alive’ in spaceRobert Booth
SCIENTISTS have discovered that inorganic material can take on the characteristics of living organisms in space, a development that could transform views of alien life.

An international panel from the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Max Planck institute in Germany and the University of Sydney found that galactic dust could form spontaneously into helixes and double helixes and that the inorganic creations had memory and the power to reproduce themselves.
http://tinyurl.com/2ezcl3

The story mentions that the dust is in the plasma state, which can take on numerous densities, temperatures, durations, etc. It would be a pretty far stretch to think that life spontaneously formed in a plasma state and somehow got itself into solid state.

truthmatters
08-12-2007, 12:27 PM

LiberalNation
08-12-2007, 01:12 PM
all non-religious groups have a history of doing so.....
and religious groups haven't. You need to read up on your history man. All groups with they have a set ideology and will not tolerate anyone thinking different turn to killing and justify it with their relgious/social texts.

LiberalNation
08-12-2007, 01:13 PM
The story mentions that the dust is in the plasma state, which can take on numerous densities, temperatures, durations, etc. It would be a pretty far stretch to think that life spontaneously formed in a plasma state and somehow got itself into solid state.
farfetched sure, but no more than any other ideas on how we got here and what life may be out there.

5stringJeff
08-12-2007, 03:41 PM
The findings have provoked speculation that the helix could be a common structure that underpins all life, organic and nonorganic.

did you miss this part?

I saw it. I'm saying that just because a helix can spontaneously formi in the plasma state, it doesn't necessarily follow that it could happen in the solid state.

truthmatters
08-12-2007, 03:44 PM

glockmail
08-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Let me remind you christains killed people who did not agree with them.

Please provide evidence of a recognized Christian church or organization doing so.

82Marine89
08-12-2007, 11:20 PM
August 12, 2007

Dust ‘comes alive’ in spaceRobert Booth
SCIENTISTS have discovered that inorganic material can take on the characteristics of living organisms in space, a development that could transform views of alien life.

An international panel from the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Max Planck institute in Germany and the University of Sydney found that galactic dust could form spontaneously into helixes and double helixes and that the inorganic creations had memory and the power to reproduce themselves.

From your link...

...that galactic dust could form spontaneously into helixes and double helixes...

Kind of like all those supplement on the market that may do this or could do that. There is no scientific proof of life, just some speculation.

A similar rethinking of prospective alien life is being undertaken by the National Research Council, an advisory body to the US government. It says Nasa should start a search for what it describes as “weird life” - organisms that lack DNA or other molecules found in life on Earth.

It's not alive, so this article just robbed me of ten minutes of my life.

glockmail
08-13-2007, 07:30 AM

I'll never forget the little experient they made us do in HS biology where you mix a broth of crap, heat it up and these little structures that looked sorta like mitocondria showed up under the microscope. My liberal teacher in this liberal town in the most liberal state did not say, but certainly inferred, that this was how "life" was formed on earth. My comment then was the same as yours now. :pee:

truthmatters
08-13-2007, 09:05 AM

truthmatters
08-13-2007, 09:10 AM

glockmail
08-13-2007, 09:18 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

Have you never studied History at all? I ask for a recognized Christian church or organization and you give me the KKK, then insult me by suggesting I don't know history. :pee:

truthmatters
08-13-2007, 09:36 AM

truthmatters
08-13-2007, 09:37 AM

glockmail
08-13-2007, 10:30 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

The Crusades??????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition

The Spanish Inquisition??????

Both events were Christians fighting back against Muslim occupiers, not quite meeting your definition of "killing people who disagreed with them".

truthmatters
08-13-2007, 11:07 AM

truthmatters
08-13-2007, 11:10 AM

PostmodernProphet
08-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Now why dont you tell us all you know about the Inquisition?

do you have anything from an era of history when everyone wasn't killing everyone?....maybe something from the last hundred years or so?

manu1959
08-13-2007, 11:13 AM
The Crusades were a series of military conflicts of a religious character waged by Christians during 1095–1291, most of which were sanctioned by the Pope in the name of Christendom.[1] The Crusades originally had the goal of recapturing Jerusalem and the sacred "Holy Land" from Muslim rule and were originally launched in response to a call from the Eastern Orthodox Byzantine Empire for help against the expansion of the Muslim Seljuq dynasty into Anatolia.[

They warred against people because they did not like their religion!

These Muslims were BORN in the places the Christians attacked.

Their only "crime " was being the wrong religion.

you may want to reasearch what occured between 0 and 1095....

truthmatters
08-13-2007, 11:13 AM

truthmatters
08-13-2007, 11:15 AM

PostmodernProphet
08-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Why ?

That was not the criteria now was it?

But you can find them in modern times too

primarily because you CAN'T find them in modern times too....

Gaffer
08-13-2007, 11:42 AM
The Crusades were a series of military conflicts of a religious character waged by Christians during 1095–1291, most of which were sanctioned by the Pope in the name of Christendom.[1] The Crusades originally had the goal of recapturing Jerusalem and the sacred "Holy Land" from Muslim rule and were originally launched in response to a call from the Eastern Orthodox Byzantine Empire for help against the expansion of the Muslim Seljuq dynasty into Anatolia.[

The Crusades were a series of military conflicts brought about in self defense against the muslims attempting to conquer the world and expand their caliphate. As the catholic church was the predominant power at that time it was logical to use the religion to inspire the believers to go forward and fight. It was more a political move than a religious one. The christians had to be as motivated as the muslims were. Taking back Jerusalem was a goal set by the church to inspire the crusaders.

The inquisition was an attempt by the church to maintain power over its subjects. And to keep the nobility in check. It had nothing to do with the crusades.

Armies in those days were paid by ransacking cities. When a city was conquered the soldiers got to take whatever they could carry away. It happened on both sides during the crusades. The promise of loot and the threat of going to hell if you didn't follow orders were the two main factors of both the muslim and christian armies.

They were primitive times with ignorant people and they didn't think as we do today.

glockmail
08-13-2007, 11:52 AM

From your source, just as I had stated earlier.

truthmatters
08-13-2007, 11:55 AM

glockmail
08-13-2007, 12:09 PM
how does that post show they did not kill people for religious purposes? You appear to be changing your position now right in front of us for all to see. Originally you stated: "Let me remind you christains [sic] killed people who did not agree with them.”

Your source confirms that the Crusaders “were Christians fighting back against Muslim occupiers”, as I previously stated.

But lets not let mere facts spoil your view of world history.

darin
08-13-2007, 12:11 PM
how does that post show they did not kill people for religious purposes?

Are you THAT dense, really? I mean - next you'll ask for PROOF we didn't kill the Nazis "Just because we disagreed with their religious beliefs"

This is how I'd explain it to my 5-year-old son:

"A long time ago, Muslim armies invaded what are known as 'the Holy Lands' to christians and jews. The muslims started KILLING them, so they could take over the land. Okay - Way far away, in a place called England, word of the muslim armies reached the leaders of the land. To help the jews and christians defend against the muslims, the English sent troops to help!"

glockmail
08-13-2007, 12:12 PM
how does that post show they did not kill people for religious purposes?

And for the record, please conform with the style of most posters here by including the quote of the poster that you are responding to. Although not mandatory it is considered by most to be helpful to your fellow posters.

JohnDoe
08-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Your point Manny?

because that is when the muslims were attacking every non muslim country in the region, taking over their land and killing them...at least the last 300 years of this period...!

Crusades, was to get their own land and power back that was taken from them by the muslims in the previous centuries, from my understanding...?

Pale Rider
08-14-2007, 12:47 AM
The findings have provoked speculation that the helix could be a common structure that underpins all life, organic and nonorganic.

did you miss this part?

Humans have a soul. Does this helix have a soul?

medical 2933
08-14-2007, 01:18 PM
I guess I assumed by you sig that you did believe in God.

truthmatters
08-14-2007, 01:21 PM

Gaffer
08-14-2007, 04:14 PM
So Europe took invaded the middleast to take back her land?

wow I have never heard that one before.

They didn't just invade the middle east. They first had to take back all of southern europe. They didn't just march to Jerusalem. The wars of the crusades went on for over a hundred years. You really need to read a little more about history.

82Marine89
08-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by 82Marine89
From your link...

Kind of like all those supplement on the market that may do this or could do that. There is no scientific proof of life, just some speculation.

"Could" is not a definite. It is nothing more than speculation.

glockmail
08-15-2007, 06:52 AM
So Europe took invaded the middleast to take back her land?

wow I have never heard that one before. I thought truth mattered to you?

red states rule
08-15-2007, 06:54 AM
I thought truth mattered to you?

You thought wrong

glockmail
08-20-2007, 06:42 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=107932&postcount=226

emmett
08-20-2007, 06:49 PM

I don't know! I have an old solid state TV. Every time I look behind it, hmmmm.......there is dust.

Does this mean that aliens are materializing in MY living room and using my TV for an entry portal. If so, I know how to destroy them. Lemon Pledge!

They are persistant bastards though, they keep coming! I........keep killing.