PDA

View Full Version : Official Says UK Will Not Prosecute Returning ISIS Terrorists From Syria and Iraq

jimnyc
10-23-2017, 02:15 PM
I'm sorry, but this is insanity. These folks chose to go and fight with a TERRORIST group. Naive or not, there HAS to be punishment for choosing to do so. I would say "choose to" instead of "choosing to break the law", as I honestly don't know the legal differences in such cases compared to Americans. Most of these scumbags choose to do so, as Islam teaches them to fight the infidels. Most coming back to America are rightfully treated like traitors, with federal charges. They would be fighting alongside a known terrorist organization.

Conspiracy to engage in violence against people or property overseas. Maming, hostage taking aka kidnapping, murder... all things they can be charged with if actually found to be fighting. From things as small as vandalism and/or up to destruction of things. Various bombing crimes of course. The worst I suppose would be terror attacks abroad against Americans, even attempts to do so and conspiracy to do so. Then you have providing various levels of support to a terror organization. This list of criminal charges for just one person going abroad and actually fighting - could be VERY long and HUGE. And obviously not every person can be charged with the worse of the worst.

But just doing a background checks of sort, shrug the shoulders and just let them back to re-integrate of sorts? No charges whatsoever? No time behind bars? That's INSANE!

---

INSANITY: Official Says UK Will Not Prosecute Returning ISIS Terrorists From Syria and Iraq

A top UK official told the BBC last week that ISIS terrorists from the UK returning from Syria and Iraq will not be prosecuted. Instead, the government will try to reintegrate them back into society because they were "naive" when they joined the genocidal terrorist group.

This came just two days after the chief of the UK's MI5 spy service gave a rare speech warning that the terrorism threat was higher than he had ever seen.

Maybe, just maybe, these two statements are related.

Just yesterday, one government minister suggested that the best way to deal with returning ISIS terrorists would be to kill them. And it has been just over a month since an Iraqi refugee attempted to detonate an IED on a London subway, injuring 30 -- a refugee who was already part of the UK's "deradicalization" program.

The "no prosecution" policy statement for ISIS terrorists was made by Max Hill, the UK government's new independent reviewer of terrorism legislation. Hill told the BBC last Thursday:

We are told we do have a significant number already back in this country who have previously gone to Iraq and Syria.
That means that the authorities have looked at them and looked at them hard and have decided that they do not justify prosecution and really we should be looking at reintegration and moving away from any notion that we are going to lose a generation from this travel.

It’s not a decision that MI5 and others will have taken lightly. They, I am sure, will have looked intensely at each individual on return.

But they have left space, and I think they are right to do so, for those who travelled, but who travelled out of a sense of naivety, possibly with some brainwashing along the way, possibly in their mid-teens and who return in a sense of utter disillusionment. We have to leave space for those individuals to be diverted away from the criminal courts.

About 850 jihadists are believed to have left the UK to travel to Syria and Iraq in recent years, with more than 400 already having returned. In terms of raw numbers, this is second only to France:

https://i.imgur.com/LjP3Lwt.png

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/homeland-security/insanity-official-says-uk-will-not-prosecute-returning-isis-terrorists-syria-iraq/

Gunny
10-23-2017, 06:21 PM
Seems kind of dumb. They're Islamic militants who can be shot on sight in Syria; yet, misguided British children upon return. Good way to get a sleeper cell embedded.

hjmick
10-23-2017, 06:36 PM
Well that's stupid.

If you're not going to punish them, don't let them back in the country...

Drummond
10-24-2017, 07:29 AM
This is yet another of those stories that just 'happens' not to feature prominently in our news broadcasts ... 'strangely' ....

I fully sympathise with the views I've seen here. I'm of the mind which says that if anyone goes to fight for ISIS, they shouldn't be allowed back on to UK soil, and instead be regarded as enemy combatants .. maybe subject to drone strikes.

Even so .. there's a certain sense behind what our Government has apparently decided ... IF it's the case that returning Jihadi figures INSTEAD try to join other ISIS people already here. Have our MI5 monitor all they do .. then catch anyone in league with them .. it could ultimately prove useful.

That's if our people are on the ball .. naturally.

That said .. Jeremy Corbyn (LEFTIE) took the position that we should welcome them back. I'd hate to think that our Government just chose to appease him.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-24-2017, 08:09 AM
Well, London has a MUSLIM MAYOR, what do you expect. The UK is all but under islamic control now.