PDA

View Full Version : Reasons Today’s Kids Are Bored At School, Feel Entitled, Have Little Patience

darin
10-26-2017, 06:58 AM
This should be mandatory training during every birth.

http://deeprootsathome.com/kids-bored-entitled/

Reasons Today’s Kids Are Bored At School, Feel Entitled, Have Little Patience & Few Real Friends

2. Kids get Everything The Moment They Want It

“I am Hungry!!” “In a sec I will stop at the drive thru” “I am Thirsty!” “Here is a vending machine.” “I am bored!” “Use my phone!” The ability to delay gratification is one of the key factors for future success. We have the best intentions — to make our children happy — but unfortunately, we make them happy at the moment but miserable in the long term. To be able to delay gratification means to be able to function under stress. Our children are gradually becoming less equipped to deal with even minor stressors, which eventually become huge obstacles to their success in life.

The inability to delay gratification is often seen in classrooms, malls, restaurants, and toy stores the moment the child hears “No” because parents have taught their child’s brain to get what it wants right away.
3. Kids Rule The World

“My son doesn’t like vegetables.” “She doesn’t like going to bed early.” “He doesn’t like to eat breakfast.” “She doesn’t like toys, but she is very good at her iPad” “He doesn’t want to get dressed on his own.” “She is too lazy to eat on her own.” This is what I hear from parents all the time. Since when do children dictate to us how to parent them? If we leave it all up to them, all they are going to do is eat macaroni and cheese and bagels with cream cheese, watch TV, play on their tablets, and never go to bed. What good are we doing them by giving them what they WANT when we know that it is not GOOD for them? Without proper nutrition and a good night’s sleep, our kids come to school irritable, anxious, and inattentive. In addition, we send them the wrong message. They learn they can do what they want and not do what they don’t want. The concept of “need to do” is absent. Unfortunately, in order to achieve our goals in our lives, we have to do what’s necessary, which may not always be what we want to do. For example, if a child wants to be an A student, he needs to study hard. If he wants to be a successful soccer player, he needs to practice every day. Our children know very well what they want, but have a very hard time doing what is necessary to achieve that goal. This results in unattainable goals and leaves the kids disappointed.
4. Endless Fun

We have created an artificial fun world for our children. There are no dull moments. The moment it becomes quiet, we run to entertain them again, because otherwise, we feel that we are not doing our parenting duty. We live in two separate worlds. They have their “fun“ world, and we have our “work” world. Why aren’t children helping us in the kitchen or with laundry? Why don’t they tidy up their toys? This is basic monotonous work that trains the brain to be workable and function under “boredom,” which is the same “muscle” that is required to be eventually teachable at school. When they come to school and it is time for handwriting their answer is “I can’t. It is too hard. Too boring.” Why? Because the workable “muscle” is not getting trained through endless fun. It gets trained through work.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-26-2017, 08:30 AM
This should be mandatory training during every birth.

http://deeprootsathome.com/kids-bored-entitled/

Reasons Today’s Kids Are Bored At School, Feel Entitled, Have Little Patience & Few Real Friends
Great article... I'm sending that to my son who has a 6 year old.

pete311
10-26-2017, 10:45 AM
My wife is a Montessori teacher and it's opened my eyes to how terrible our current system is of making kids sit quietly in chairs for 8 hours all working on the same thing. It goes against their biology.

jimnyc
10-26-2017, 10:54 AM
My wife is a Montessori teacher and it's opened my eyes to how terrible our current system is of making kids sit quietly in chairs for 8 hours all working on the same thing. It goes against their biology.

My son went to Montessori, and it was WELL worth the money. Public schools seem to suck anymore, and the teacher to kids ratio was nice at Montessori, and they seemed more interested in teaching the kids as opposed to being baby sitters and just passing everyone along to the next grade.

Abbey Marie
10-27-2017, 08:46 AM

Yet this very system has for decades upon decades turned out capable adults and even folks who excel in difficult fields of study.

I would agree that our current city public schools are not doing well, but for that I blame the inattentive parents who don't instill a value for education or the need to respect any authority.

pete311
10-27-2017, 09:39 AM
Yet this very system has for decades upon decades turned out capable adults and even folks who excel in difficult fields of study.

I would agree that our current city public schools are not doing well, but for that I blame the inattentive parents who don't instill a value for education or the need to respect any authority.

Parents are a big part no doubt. Many expect the school to do everything. However school pedagogy philosophy is outdated and ineffective. College entrance for high school graduates is okay at 66% but there is still a 50% drop out rate. So yeah, we have the population numbers where many will excel, but there are far more that don't reach their potential. oh and my wife has worked for private schools that should be shut down. Private is not synonymous for quality.

darin
10-30-2017, 03:58 AM
I'm with Abbey - the root of the problem is bad parenting.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-30-2017, 07:07 AM
I'm with Abbey - the root of the problem is bad parenting.
And I'm with Abbey and Darin.

Laziness, arrogance, petulance, etc, are all things that kids learn from their parents.

pete311
10-30-2017, 07:38 AM
And I'm with Abbey and Darin.

Laziness, arrogance, petulance, etc, are all things that kids learn from their parents.

Both my parents are type A and successful. They did all they could. I was a solid C student who barely did homework. It worked for me in the end but I could easily be working at Burger King.

darin
10-30-2017, 07:51 AM
Both my parents are type A and successful. They did all they could. I was a solid C student who barely did homework. It worked for me in the end but I could easily be working at Burger King.

Did they instill self-discipline? School grades aren't a good metric to being a good, solid adult.

High_Plains_Drifter
10-30-2017, 08:11 AM
My parents were good, salt of the earth, old school, hard working, didn't hang out in bars, both college educated, strict people, and I was a horrible student in high school even under that roof, even flunked one semester of English, I just hated it. But the school said they'd sign my diploma if I could take "any" college extension class and finish it before graduation. So I took "Auto Engine Mechanics," a 12 week course in 4 weeks and got an A-, they signed my diploma and I graduated. I went through college taking Electrical Engineering and graduated on the high honor roll with a 3.85 GPA. I also took Harley Davidson Technician at Motorcycle Mechanics Institute in north Phoenix and got every award the school gives out including perfect attendance for the entire school of 15 months, 5 days a week, 6 hours a day.

That's why I'm of the persuasion that someone can appear to be a slacker, flunkard, even a failure at some things, but that doesn't mean they're stupid. It just means that they're not interested in it and aren't applying themselves, so I believe in trade schools. Colleges have their place, but I think many would be better off if they went to a trade school where they weren't forced to take classes that have nothing to do with a trade. I mean why would a welder or an electrician need to take a Interpersonal Relationships class?

Kathianne
10-30-2017, 08:38 AM
My parents were good, salt of the earth, old school, hard working, didn't hang out in bars, both college educated, strict people, and I was a horrible student in high school even under that roof, even flunked one semester of English, I just hated it. But the school said they'd sign my diploma if I could take "any" college extension class and finish it before graduation. So I took "Auto Engine Mechanics," a 12 week course in 4 weeks and got an A-, they signed my diploma and I graduated. I went through college taking Electrical Engineering and graduated on the high honor roll with a 3.85 GPA. I also took Harley Davidson Technician at Motorcycle Mechanics Institute in north Phoenix and got every award the school gives out including perfect attendance for the entire school of 15 months, 5 days a week, 6 hours a day.

That's why I'm of the persuasion that someone can appear to be a slacker, flunkard, even a failure at some things, but that doesn't mean they're stupid. It just means that they're not interested in it and aren't applying themselves, so I believe in trade schools. Colleges have their place, but I think many would be better off if they went to a trade school where they weren't forced to take classes that have nothing to do with a trade. I mean why would a welder or an electrician need to take a Interpersonal Relationships class?

I totally agree.

Abbey Marie
10-30-2017, 10:25 AM

Yeah, see it doesn't always work that way. My dad was a tech high school student with I'd say below-average intellect. My mom dropped out of school at 15 to earn some money for her family.

But- we had strict discipline at home, and my mom taught me to read before kindergarten started. Thereby instilling both a leg up at school, and a love of reading that endures to this day. Plus, they both worked hard.

pete311
10-30-2017, 10:28 AM
Yeah, see it doesn't always work that way. My dad was a tech high school student with I'd say below-average intellect. My mom dropped out of school at 15 to earn money some for her family.

But- we had strict discipline at home, and my mom taught me to read before kindergarten started. Thereby instilling both a leg up at school, and a love of reading that endures to this day. Plus, they both worked hard.

I had plenty of books as a kid. Shows life has millions of factors and situations are always different.

Abbey Marie
10-30-2017, 10:32 AM
I had plenty of books as a kid. Shows life has millions of factors and situations are always different.

I suppose. And I can't speak for you. But I will say it's not the books- it's the attitudes and examples and discipline etc., of the parents that matter. The schools are in a tizzy to make sure each kid gets a computer. Sometimes even a notebook to take home. Same crappy scores nonetheless.

darin
10-31-2017, 01:26 AM

...but the tenants of good behaviour and self-discipline are not full of millions of factors. Poor behaviour and lack of self-discipine is 98% bad parenting. I will allow for maybe 2 percent being a bona fide medical condition -but like Gluten allergy, i believe most parents claiming their kid has ADHD, etc, are using that popular diagnosis-of-behaviour as an excuse to not make the hard choices required to instill what needs to be instilled.

Abbey Marie
11-01-2017, 12:10 PM
...but the tenants of good behaviour and self-discipline are not full of millions of factors. Poor behaviour and lack of self-discipine is 98% bad parenting. I will allow for maybe 2 percent being a bona fide medical condition -but like Gluten allergy, i believe most parents claiming their kid has ADHD, etc, are using that popular diagnosis-of-behaviour as an excuse to not make the hard choices required to instill what needs to be instilled.

Yuppers. Saw a mom on line asking for opinions on what age young girls should get acrylic nails. Her daughter is 11. Most replies were that late middle school is the youngest, including nail techs who said it will damage her nails. (FYI, I said, why don't you encourage your daughter to appreciate her natural beauty?). Mom comes back with, "You know how relentless daughters can be", and proceeds to criticize all negative replies that were made, and then turns off further comments. Obviously, this 11 year old will soon be wearing fake nails. To me this is a good example of parenting failure on many levels. Poor kid.

pete311
11-01-2017, 01:57 PM
...but the tenants of good behaviour and self-discipline are not full of millions of factors. Poor behaviour and lack of self-discipine is 98% bad parenting.

I am not a parent, but I believe it's not so easy unless you want to sap the kid out of the kid and create some kind of militaristic Chinese environment where the kid ends up committing suicide under the pressure. So what is the line between letting a kid be a kid, aka make mistakes, and calling them undisciplined?

I'm not talking about honey boo boo parents, they are on the margins.

Kathianne
11-01-2017, 03:46 PM
Yuppers. Saw a mom on line asking for opinions on what age young girls should get acrylic nails. Her daughter is 11. Most replies were that late middle school is the youngest, including nail techs who said it will damage her nails. (FYI, I said, why don't you encourage your daughter to appreciate her natural beauty?). Mom comes back with, "You know how relentless daughters can be", and proceeds to criticize all negative replies that were made, and then turns off further comments. Obviously, this 11 year old will soon be wearing fake nails. To me this is a good example of parenting failure on many levels. Poor kid.

I agree. There is too much of a rush to allow kids, especially girls, to be on the cutting edge of fashion and trends in general. Now Ali is only 3, but I was very happy to hear my daughter tell her that she wasn't going to buy her some toy, that her preschool friends have. There are times that I want to roll my eyes when it seems that the darling granddaughter calls too many shots, but did notice this visit that the parents are starting to recognize it and rein her in a bit. Kendall actually said, "Ali, you're the kid, I'm the mom. When you are mom, you will get to tell your kid what to do." Hello! Finally. I think it's only child syndrome, they can't have anymore, but kudos to both parents that are at least beginning to realize they don't want a monster child.

Abbey Marie
11-01-2017, 07:12 PM
I agree. There is too much of a rush to allow kids, especially girls, to be on the cutting edge of fashion and trends in general. Now Ali is only 3, but I was very happy to hear my daughter tell her that she wasn't going to buy her some toy, that her preschool friends have. There are times that I want to roll my eyes when it seems that the darling granddaughter calls too many shots, but did notice this visit that the parents are starting to recognize it and rein her in a bit. Kendall actually said, "Ali, you're the kid, I'm the mom. When you are mom, you will get to tell your kid what to do." Hello! Finally. I think it's only child syndrome, they can't have anymore, but kudos to both parents that are at least beginning to realize they don't want a monster child.

Good job, parents.

I really dislike the mom saying that she is essentially helpless to say no because her daughter is relentless. That is exactly why ​you need to say no!

Kathianne
11-01-2017, 08:09 PM
Good job parents.

i really dislike the mom's saying that she is essentially helpless to say no because her daughter is relentless. That is exactly why ​you need to say no!

Kids figure out when they can 'wear someone down.' Parent or peer, doesn't matter. What's sad is that kids don't want to be in control, they actually do know they shouldn't be.

darin
11-02-2017, 01:29 AM
I am not a parent, but I believe it's not so easy unless you want to sap the kid out of the kid and create some kind of militaristic Chinese environment where the kid ends up committing suicide under the pressure. So what is the line between letting a kid be a kid, aka make mistakes, and calling them undisciplined?

I'm not talking about honey boo boo parents, they are on the margins.

it's easy. It really is easy. in fact, requiring self-control often helps the creative process. You go to such extremes, ya know? In your reply? Growing-kids to respect themselves, NOT lust after themselves (id est, the self-entitled snowflake pussies we see on Watter's World videos); growing kids to be well-behaved is pretty simple in the plan.

When the kids are young, and they misbehave. Spank them. Couple swats through their diaper to get their attention. When they run out towards the street and you yell "STOP!" and they keep going? Spank them a little harder. The key is the kids learn to obey first, question second. As my kids grew they learnt physics about 'objects in motion'. They started to understand cars DO run kids over. See, the kids misbehaving is NOT about me. Them being assholes is about THEM - growing up an asshole makes one's life harder. My goal as a parent is to help them remove from their lives things that will hinder their growth (unless they become a democrat, then being an asshole is probably key to securing the democratic nomination). Until then it was best the kids simply trust me. Their Dad.

It's a lot like a God relationship for me. I wonder if God ever gets frustrated about the crap I do - frustrated because I set myself back in terms of my growth. I wonder if God gets frustrated at YOU pete because he's given you ALL the answers in your quest to connect with your creator and you ignore them all. the. time. :)

aboutime
11-03-2017, 05:25 PM
Until modern day parents learn the harsh reality of Tough Love, and accept that Children and Parents are NOT Best Friends, but rather the Mother & Father of the child, or children who must TEACH, and Present only the Highest Examples of personal responsibility that can only be shown through Personal Example, and demonstrating what the Real Life Consequences of daily life really are.
I believe it's a safe bet Today, to describe most school age children as those Animals the parents send off every day to the BABYSITTER, called a teacher.
And, if you consider how technically advanced our children have become today. Holding a device that allows them to COMMUNICATE without any Eye Contact, or Spoken Words....IN PERSON to other children, or adults (teachers), until the BATTERY dies....we will keep generating a Society of DRONES who will never learn beyond the quick little 3 letter acronyms we all use today....like LOL, and OMG.
The internet, and electronics are both the highlight, and lowlight of a society that will remain uneducated, and irresponsible for their own actions.
And that's the way this Tired, Old, Seventy year old sees it.

darin
11-07-2017, 01:22 AM
When your signature is three times the scrolling-distance of your posts...might wanna tidy that up.

aboutime
11-07-2017, 04:41 PM
When your signature is three times the scrolling-distance of your posts...might wanna tidy that up.

Or, maybe I like it. Which is why it is so long. Any rules on length of signatures? If so. I will follow.

darin
11-08-2017, 02:38 AM
Or, maybe I like it. Which is why it is so long. Any rules on length of signatures? If so. I will follow.

well - yeah - we did awhile ago when people were getting carried away. From my perspective It's not about rules it's about courtesy to others. It's about being a responsible adult on a forum and keeping the "look at me" to a minimum.

I mean - just deleting your spacing - maybe putting things inline vs stacked - that'd probably clean up things. Might give you more credibility too.

aboutime
11-08-2017, 03:27 PM
well - yeah - we did awhile ago when people were getting carried away. From my perspective It's not about rules it's about courtesy to others. It's about being a responsible adult on a forum and keeping the "look at me" to a minimum.

I mean - just deleting your spacing - maybe putting things inline vs stacked - that'd probably clean up things. Might give you more credibility too.

It would be nice if the courtesy flowed both ways here. As for credibility. I'm not worried about that. Those who have none, pretend NOT to read my posts; then repeat what I have said. I changed it. Now I'll wait for the next complaint.

The Sage of Main Street
11-08-2017, 06:24 PM
It's not the parents' job to encourage study. My parents despised sports, but if I had had any great talent, their hostility wouldn't have kept me from reaching my maximum potential. Does a basketball coach demonstrate a layup, and then tell his team, "Now go home and practice this. I hope your parents care about how well you play and keep after you to put some effort into it"? Coaches are not only the only responsible teachers, they are also the only teachers held responsible.

Those who would be nobodies without Daddy's Money are behind blaming the parents for everything. To them, that justifies Daddy setting them up halfway to the finish line. But if we have to do it on our own, so must they. They get in our way and must be removed.

jimnyc
11-08-2017, 06:27 PM
It's not the parents' job to encourage study. My parents despised sports, but if I had had any great talent, their hostility wouldn't have kept me from reaching my maximum potential. Does a basketball coach demonstrate a layup, and then tell his team, "Now go home and practice this. I hope your parents care about how well you play and keep after you to put some effort into it"? Coaches are not only the only responsible teachers, they are also the only teachers held responsible.

Those who would be nobodies without Daddy's Money are behind blaming the parents for everything. To them, that justifies Daddy setting them up halfway to the finish line. But if we have to do it on our own, so must they. They get in our way and must be removed.

There's a HUGE difference between sports & education. I can understand parents not being on top of the kids latest sports, but it IS a parents responsibility to make sure their kid gets to school and gets an education. And it IS their responsibility to ensure they do their homework and all that is necessary to get good grades. And of course it's their job and responsibility to have their kids study for tests and the like.

Abbey Marie
11-08-2017, 06:32 PM

Don't know you, so welcome.
But I am agog at your first sentence. Wonder what you think a parent’s job is?

The Sage of Main Street
11-09-2017, 02:41 PM
There's a difference between sports & education. I can understand parents not being on top of the kids kids' latest sports, but it IS a parents parents' responsibility to make sure their kid gets to school and gets an education. And it IS their responsibility to ensure they their kids do their homework and all that is necessary to get good grades. And of course it's their job and responsibility to have their kids study for tests and the like.
That's what you've been trained to say. But people have been told to say the same thing for decades. Anyone with a true education would realize that such an attitude hasn't produced results and therefore has failed and must be changed. Focus on the classroom, not the home. For example, the way the students are expected to be motivated is unnatural and has failed as much as the blame-parents mantra.

The Sage of Main Street
11-09-2017, 02:52 PM
Don't know you, so welcome.
But I am agog at your first sentence. Wonder what you think a parent’s job is?
It's not a parent's job to do the teacher's job, any more than it is to make sure an adult son does the right things at his job. An educated person would see that you are begging the question by relating parenting to education. By the way, the products of your attitude towards education are too smug, stupid, and lazy to learn that "begging the question" does not mean "which leads to the question."

We are saddled with this great failure, yet we are stuck on the same stupid suggested solutions.

jimnyc
11-09-2017, 02:56 PM
That's what you've been trained to say. But people have been told to say the same thing for decades. Anyone with a true education would realize that such an attitude hasn't produced results and therefore has failed and must be changed. Focus on the classroom, not the home. For example, the way the students are expected to be motivated is unnatural and has failed as much as the blame-parents mantra.

That's insane. EVERY person I know, who's parents pushed them in the education department, forced them to study & got highly involved in pushing the educations at home - all those kids excelled and went on to college. I can't say all in the other direction, but I know quite a few in broken homes with no concentration on education, and some with parents who just didn't care, and those kids didn't nearly excel as much. Fact is, if you learn you excel. And whether that be harder work at school, or harder work at home, any of it will benefit towards one furthering their education and doing something more with their lives than struggling week to week to make ends meet with low paying wages.

Anyone with a true education will tell you they got their degrees and learning via hard work and effort, both at home and at educational institutions.

jimnyc
11-09-2017, 02:57 PM
It's not a parent's job to do the teacher's job, any more than it is to make sure an adult son does the right things at his job. An educated person would see that you are begging the question by relating parenting to education. By the way, the products of your attitude towards education are too smug, stupid, and lazy to learn that "begging the question" does not mean "which leads to the question."

We are saddled with this great failure, yet we are stuck on the same stupid suggested solutions.

My educated guess would be that you have been failed somewhere. I apologize for your parents or teachers on their behalf. :)

The Sage of Main Street
11-11-2017, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=jimnyc;885196]That's insane. EVERY person I know, who's whose parents pushed them in the education department, forced them to study & got highly involved in pushing the education at home - all those kids excelled and went on to college. I can't say all in the other direction, but I know quite a few in broken homes with no concentration on education, and some with parents who just didn't care, and those kids didn't nearly excel as much. Fact is, if you learn you excel. And whether that be harder work at school, or harder work at home, any of it will benefit towards one students furthering their education and doing something more with their lives than struggling week to week to make ends meet with low paying wages.

Anyone People with a true education will tell you they got their degrees and learning via hard work and effort, both at home and at educational institutions.]

Since Students Aren't Paid, They're Not Worth Anything

College is work without pay, designed for richkids living off a high allowance or for class-climbers who are afraid to grow up. This indentured servitude is hanging over average American children as their future. No parent could motivate them under these conditions. Your examples are most likely Preppies or escapist nerds.

If we are to have a future, this obsolete aristocratic institution must be replaced with highly paid professional training. It will pay for itself many times over. Under this class-biased system, a degree is nothing to be proud of and graduates do not deserve jobs. Sacrifice has no merit. Talent must be paid up-front.

The Sage of Main Street
11-11-2017, 05:00 PM
My educated guess would be that you have been failed somewhere. I apologize for your parents or teachers on their behalf. :)
As smug as a bug in a rug. You conformists have done nothing to earn your superior attitude. Being a Moderator doesn't entitle you to it either.

jimnyc
11-11-2017, 05:09 PM
[QUOTE=jimnyc;885196]That's insane. EVERY person I know, who's whose parents pushed them in the education department, forced them to study & got highly involved in pushing the education at home - all those kids excelled and went on to college. I can't say all in the other direction, but I know quite a few in broken homes with no concentration on education, and some with parents who just didn't care, and those kids didn't nearly excel as much. Fact is, if you learn you excel. And whether that be harder work at school, or harder work at home, any of it will benefit towards one students furthering their education and doing something more with their lives than struggling week to week to make ends meet with low paying wages.

Anyone People with a true education will tell you they got their degrees and learning via hard work and effort, both at home and at educational institutions.]

Since Students Aren't Paid, They're Not Worth Anything

College is work without pay, designed for richkids living off a high allowance or for class-climbers who are afraid to grow up. This indentured servitude is hanging over average American children as their future. No parent could motivate them under these conditions. Your examples are most likely Preppies or escapist nerds.

If we are to have a future, this obsolete aristocratic institution must be replaced with highly paid professional training. It will pay for itself many times over. Under this class-biased system, a degree is nothing to be proud of and graduates do not deserve jobs. Sacrifice has no merit. Talent must be paid up-front.

And your corrections are to mean what? That you're smarter? That you don't have a valid argument, so you fall back on spelling and grammar corrections? I'll go with the latter.

As smug as a bug in a rug. You conformists have done nothing to earn your superior attitude. Being a Moderator doesn't entitle you to it either.

Who said differently?

I pointed out how your observations were retarded. I then pointed out, which has since been proven true, that perhaps you were failed somewhere along the way.

At least we are both clear that I am in fact your superior. And apparently that applies to quite a few other places that didn't care for you and banned your silly ass.

jimnyc
11-11-2017, 05:11 PM
My apologies to anyone reading and saw the quotes get out of whack in the past few posts. Our new genius member, in the middle of educating aka schooling me, couldn't figure out the most basic of quoting 101. The "system" here failed him too.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-11-2017, 05:48 PM
"Conformists?" Conforming to what?

And he's a little more than just a "moderator," son, he's the creator of this board among other ones as well. How many successful message boards do you have?

Feel free to correct any mistakes. Evidently that's your thing, aside from an attitude right out of the toilet.

Black Diamond
11-11-2017, 05:54 PM

And he's a little more than just a "moderator," son, he's the creator of this board among other ones as well. How many successful message boards do you have?

Feel free to correct any mistakes. Evidently that's your thing, aside from an attitude right out of the toilet.
What has he said? I have a headache and can't read too long.

jimnyc
11-12-2017, 09:48 AM

Honestly, being a mod or owner or whatever, really doesn't mean anything. It's more than a handicap than anything, as then you have schmucks like above continually making baseless claims. It's hard to be a regular member at times. But I have no expectations of being treated differently, nor should I be. I'd be a schmuck as well if I wrote crap like this schmuck does. :)

I noticed elsewhere you made a comment about when I sold USMB. I vaguely remember discussing the sale with you. I wonder how that site would look today? It's definitely successful, purely from a numbers standpoint and amount of members! But it's a chaotic mess if you ask me. I don't like it, but that's based on the members I see posting there and overrunning the place.

The original guy I sold the board to, before it was sold again, he was a cool fella. :)

High_Plains_Drifter
11-12-2017, 10:36 PM
Honestly, being a mod or owner or whatever, really doesn't mean anything. It's more than a handicap than anything, as then you have schmucks like above continually making baseless claims. It's hard to be a regular member at times. But I have no expectations of being treated differently, nor should I be. I'd be a schmuck as well if I wrote crap like this schmuck does. :)

I noticed elsewhere you made a comment about when I sold USMB. I vaguely remember discussing the sale with you. I wonder how that site would look today? It's definitely successful, purely from a numbers standpoint and amount of members! But it's a chaotic mess if you ask me. I don't like it, but that's based on the members I see posting there and overrunning the place.

The original guy I sold the board to, before it was sold again, he was a cool fella. :)
Yeah if my memory serves me correctly, I think you were asking $500. I hope it's cool to say that, it's been a long time ago. I even talked with that Greg I think it was that you sold it too when he wanted to sell it, but he wanted like $2,000. That was more than I was willing to pay. But yeah, hard to say what it would be like if I had bought it from you, or if I'd even still own it. I agree it's not much of a board anymore. It has a major amount of just frothing at the mouth hardcore leftists, and the never show their faces owners, which it seems like there's a couple dozen, appear to have a real bias towards the conservatives, and a hands off approach for the liberals. I was a mod for awhile, then one of the admins put out the word that mods were no longer supposed to be able to engage members with insults, so I willingly bowed out, even though was urged to please stay on as a mod, I said I can't do that. But it wasn't 6 months later the mods that DIDN'T bow out were right back to insulting members, and now it's rampant. So I tried to do the right thing... for nothing. But the place has been going downhill for awhile now. I rarely go there anymore. It's just a meat grinder.

The Sage of Main Street
11-13-2017, 04:33 PM

Feel free to correct any mistakes. Evidently that's your thing.

We don't need no Netiquette Nannies
We don't need no thought control

Hey!
Web Wizards!
Whiz on the other side of the Wall

All and all you're just another
Brick through our Window

Abbey Marie
11-13-2017, 08:40 PM

Hey!
Web Wizards!

Brick through our Window

Lol!
Why don't you tell us a little about yourself? We are a close-knit group here. I would like to understand you better...

LongTermGuy
11-14-2017, 12:50 AM

Like Abbey said...tell us about yourself and views... and how you found the site I feel you have much to say.........Enjoy the site....

http://www.free-animated-pictures.com/scary-gothic-welcome-sign-free-animated-image.gif

The Sage of Main Street
11-14-2017, 12:21 PM
Lol!
Why don't you tell us a little about yourself? We are a close-knit group here. I would like to understand you better...
You can find out by reading my posts. To tell you all at once would be a bundle of Off-Topicana.

The Sage of Main Street
11-14-2017, 12:26 PM
Like Abbey said...tell us about yourself and views... and how you found the site I feel you have much to say.........Enjoy the site....

http://www.free-animated-pictures.com/scary-gothic-welcome-sign-free-animated-image.gif
I found this embee on page 7 of Google's "political messageboards." Apparently, the Mods here didn't have enough payola to get a better product placement from the Geeklords. I've already been on and dismissed the blogs placed in the first six pages. I was surprised to find an active website on page 7.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-14-2017, 12:29 PM

Hey!
Web Wizards!

Brick through our Window
I was in tech school at Chanute AFB when I first heard that song. Later I saw P.F. in concert, even though I hate concerts, I loved P.F. enough to overlook the venue.

So what's your story? Why were you being such a twit before?

High_Plains_Drifter
11-14-2017, 12:32 PM
You can find out by reading my posts. To tell you all at once would be a bundle of Off-Topicana.
You a veteran?

What do you do for a living?

You live in America?

How old are you?

Abbey Marie
11-14-2017, 01:56 PM

Top of the board is the Introductions forum for just this reason.
And if you’re not careful, one of us may interview you, too.