View Full Version : Tommy Thompson abandons Presidential bid

nevadamedic
08-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Story Highlights

Former Gov. Tommy Thompson ends bid for GOP presidential nomination
Thompson didn't meet his expectations in Ames Republican straw poll
Thompson campaign said he is going to return to the private sector

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/12/thompson.bid/index.html

I don't know why it took hom so long to realize that he wouldn't win. I am glad he stepped out of the way so other candidates can get his supporters. I just wish McCain, Paul, Huckabee and Brownback would follow his lead.

Black Lance
08-12-2007, 11:33 PM
This may be the death knell for Tommy Thompson, who has spent much money in Iowa and didn't have much to begin with, but other than that this will just give Romney and Brownback a marginal boost due to the media coverage.

Called it. :)

Yeah, he never had a chance anyways. Maybe Paul or Tancredo will pick up his supporters.

nevadamedic
08-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Called it. :)

Yeah, he never had a chance anyways. Maybe Paul or Tancredo will pick up his supporters.

I'm hoping Tancredo get's his supporters. He was only like six hundred votes out of Second Place. I hope he is already trying to get Thompsons supporters. It would be great if Thompson asked his supporters to support Tancredo.

Black Lance
08-13-2007, 12:10 AM
I'm hoping Tancredo get's his supporters. He was only like six hundred votes out of Second Place. I hope he is already trying to get Thompsons supporters. It would be great if Thompson asked his supporters to support Tancredo.

It would be nice if Tancredo started making gains. The media is so eager for one of the liberal Republicans to win the nomination that their stunned reaction to a Tancredo victory would be worth watching for its entertainment value alone.

nevadamedic
08-13-2007, 12:17 AM
It would be nice if Tancredo started making gains. The media is so eager for one of the liberal Republicans to win the nomination that their stunned reaction to a Tancredo victory would be worth watching for its entertainment value alone.

He has made major gains. He is in fourth in most of the polls!

5stringJeff
08-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Maybe Paul or Tancredo will pick up his supporters.

Tommy Thompson had supporters? :)

Black Lance
08-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Tommy Thompson had supporters? :)

He had some staff, didn't he?