PDA

View Full Version : A Marine in need

jimnyc
10-31-2017, 10:40 AM
Someone my wife works with sent this to her, and of course we donated. If anyone else has a way of at least sharing this, my wife we be extremely appreciative. She has worked with this guy for over a decade and said he has never asked for money for anything for himself or his veterans. Again, even a share on a FB feed or similar would be outstanding! Apparently this is a very good friend of theirs. I don't understand the entire thing and who's who, just that the folks asking to spread it around are extremely top notch folks and well respected.

The email she received at work:
--

Please see the below “go fund me” if you can find it in your heart and have an additional few dollars you can make a dramatic difference. Cpl Green was one of my Marines in both Desert Shield / Desert Storm and in Kuwait.

He carried me to a helicopter when I was injured to ensure my safety. He’s a good man with 4 boys. He had a kidney removed yesterday and has 2 more surgeries scheduled for the next 2 weeks.

He is suffering from Gulf War Syndrome and didn’t hesitate when the call came to deploy. With a single income his family will be without cash flow for the next few months. Iif there is anything you can do to help me ensure they have a roof and food that would be awesome.

https://www.gofundme.com/mfr58-the-green-family

--

https://www.gofundme.com/mfr58-the-green-family

The Green Family

The Green family, of Moore Township, PA, is in need of financial assistance. James Green, a Marine and Gulf War Veteran, was diagnosed with Renal Cell Carcinoma, or kidney cancer, in the right kidney. He will have surgery to remove the kidney and as of now, the prognosis is unknown, until the kidney is removed.

James is currently the only source of income the family has. He will be out of work, at a minumum, for several months. This family has a very limited income, now, and has a hard time month to month. Honestly, I am not sure how they will survive, at all, without some assistance.

I am requesting donations to help support this family in need. There are 4 boys in the family, Brandon, Dylan, Ryan, and Logan, ranging in ages from 7 - 18.

Anything, whether big or small, would be greatly appreciated.

I will continue to update as I know more.

Thanks for your support.

Jody

jimnyc
10-31-2017, 10:44 AM
I've been corrected, the one seeking help for a friend is a SHE, not a he, and she's a dang good Marine apparently! She currently manages the "Women Marines Association NJ-3 New Jersey Devil Dogs" - whatever that is and entails. But it's all legit, she's legit, and my wife has worked with her for a very very long time.

NightTrain
10-31-2017, 11:16 AM
Done.

Gunny
10-31-2017, 02:34 PM
I've been corrected, the one seeking help for a friend is a SHE, not a he, and she's a dang good Marine apparently! She currently manages the "Women Marines Association NJ-3 New Jersey Devil Dogs" - whatever that is and entails. But it's all legit, she's legit, and my wife has worked with her for a very very long time.NJ-3 New Jersey Devil Dogs is probably a local chapter of the Woman Marines Association, the latter being a legit group I would NEVER want to be a member of. Too many WMs in one place always means I am in trouble for something :laugh:.

"Devil Dog" is a nick like "Leatherneck". In German it is "teufel hunden", the name the Germans gave the 6th Marine Regiment at the Battle of Belleau Wood in France, 1918. The called the Marines "hounds from Hell". Naturally they had to get some jarheads to break the siege line that had been stagnant since 1914. The 6th Marines were part of the larger AEF under General "Blackjack" Pershing.

Cuz I KNOW you wanted to know all that sh*t :).