PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Spacey you stupid bastard.

Black Diamond
11-01-2017, 12:08 PM
One of the best actors and his career may be finished.

Abbey Marie
11-01-2017, 12:21 PM
I think Spacey seemed to always be playing about the same character.

NightTrain
11-01-2017, 12:31 PM
I guess my 'gaydar' is pretty much nonfunctional. It never occurred to me that he was a homo.

Interesting that he's been saving his Gay Card all these years... he played that mighty quick when the allegations came out. No one wants to be labeled as a homophobe, right?

Abbey Marie
11-01-2017, 12:32 PM
I guess my 'gaydar' is pretty much nonfunctional. It never occurred to me that he was a homo.

Interesting that he's been saving his Gay Card all these years... he played that mighty quick when the allegations came out. No one wants to be labeled as a homophobe, right?

Kudos to Wanda Sykes and Zachary Quinto for calling him on it.

NightTrain
11-01-2017, 12:39 PM
"I was drunk and I tried to molest a child. Also, I'm gay."

Being a fag is an excuse to molest children?

Abbey Marie
11-01-2017, 12:42 PM

We have seen the connection for centuries.

But yeah, I guess they're pulling the gay card now, too.

Black Diamond
11-01-2017, 12:46 PM
I think Spacey seemed to always be playing about the same character.
Yeah but I like the villain.

Black Diamond
11-01-2017, 12:47 PM
We have seen the connection for centuries.

But yeah, I guess they're pulling the gay card now, too.
Eventually both will be acceptable

Abbey Marie
11-01-2017, 12:51 PM
Eventually both will be acceptable

Acceptable, and then you are a bigot if you are against it.

Black Diamond
11-01-2017, 01:00 PM
Acceptable, and then you are a bigot if you are against it.
Yes there will come a day when you will be called intolerant and Bigot for not accepting pedophilia, incest, and other horrid things as being normal

NightTrain
11-01-2017, 01:10 PM
Yes there will come a day when you will be called intolerant and Bigot for not accepting pedophilia, incest, and other horrid things as being normal

I have hope that things are coming back around.

pete311
11-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Hollywood and business is full of sexual abuse. If they do it, they have it coming. Makes me sick.

hjmick
11-01-2017, 03:34 PM

Nope. He's played the card now in hopes of lessening the blow from the accusation and accusations that are bound to follow.

It is a damn shame, he is a very good actor.

As for your "gaydar," it's been rumored for years that he is gay, he was just one of those people who kept his private life... private. Go figure.

Gunny
11-01-2017, 03:42 PM

Being a fag is an excuse to molest children?A sad commentary on our society today. I can remember when you'd rather be called a mass murderer and communist than be called gay.

Black Diamond
11-01-2017, 05:07 PM
A sad commentary on our society today. I can remember when you'd rather be called a mass murderer and communist than be called gay.
Some day it will be "No I am not into kids. I am not that cool. But I am gay so I am not a total square ".

High_Plains_Drifter
11-01-2017, 05:57 PM
A sad commentary on our society today. I can remember when you'd rather be called a mass murderer and communist than be called gay.
What's the matter with being called happy?

Gunny
11-01-2017, 05:59 PM
Some day it will be "No I am not into kids. I am not that cool. But I am gay so I am not a total square ".When I was growing up, if you were gay, you got your ass kicked. I never was a participant, but I sure as Hell didn't lose any sleep over it either.

Black Diamond
11-01-2017, 06:03 PM
I wonder if the game "smear the queer " is banned from schools these days.

Gunny
11-01-2017, 06:06 PM
What's the matter with being called happy?Now you're going WAY back to a time BEFORE sexual deviants usurped words like "gay". Nothing wrong with its original definition. I sometimes wonder where people come up with just taking words and using them with no regard for their true meaning.

When I was a kid, "gay apparel" meant party clothes in a Christmas song. Oh, did I say "Christmas" ....

High_Plains_Drifter
11-01-2017, 06:30 PM
Now you're going WAY back to a time BEFORE sexual deviants usurped words like "gay". Nothing wrong with its original definition. I sometimes wonder where people come up with just taking words and using them with no regard for their true meaning.

When I was a kid, "gay apparel" meant party clothes in a Christmas song. Oh, did I say "Christmas" ....
Yep... we called 'em a homo, or queer, or fag, and I remember when they started this GAY shit. I think I was in 10th grade or so in HS, probably 15 years old, circa: 1970, I remember talking with friends and none of us could figure out why they wanted us to start calling faggots GAY, because gay meant HAPPY, and still does. It was like, "ok people, we're now going to start calling the turds, PIZZA."

It's all the leftist PC name change game to cutesie tootsie, warm and fuzzy something up that's otherwise disgusting, immoral or illegal, and they been at this name change BS for a long, LONG time, but I don't play it. Never did. I don't think I've ever called a homo, GAY, in my life, and I've certainly never called an illegal alien an UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANT.

Black Diamond
11-01-2017, 06:31 PM
Yep... we called 'em a homo, or queer, or fag, and I remember when they started this GAY shit. I think I was in 10th grade or so in HS, probably 15 years old, I remember talking with friends and none of us could figure out why they wanted us to start calling faggots HAPPY, or GAY. It was like, "ok people, we're now going to start calling the sun, PIZZA."

It's all the leftist PC name change game to cutesie tootsie, warm and fuzzy something up that's otherwise disgusting, immoral or illegal, and they been at this name change BS for a long, LONG time, but I don't play it. Never did. I don't think I've ever called a homo, GAY, in my life, and I've certainly never called an illegal alien an UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANT.
Queer used to mean odd. Faggot was a bundle of sticks. Fag was a cigarette.

Gunny
11-01-2017, 06:39 PM
Yep... we called 'em a homo, or queer, or fag, and I remember when they started this GAY shit. I think I was in 10th grade or so in HS, probably 15 years old, circa: 1970, I remember talking with friends and none of us could figure out why they wanted us to start calling faggots GAY, because gay meant HAPPY, and still does. It was like, "ok people, we're now going to start calling the sun, PIZZA."

It's all the leftist PC name change game to cutesie tootsie, warm and fuzzy something up that's otherwise disgusting, immoral or illegal, and they been at this name change BS for a long, LONG time, but I don't play it. Never did. I don't think I've ever called a homo, GAY, in my life, and I've certainly never called an illegal alien an UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANT.Depends on your environment. The military is the US Govt's social laboratory. They have lab rats that can't say no. So I CAN play PC if I have to.

Haven't had to since I put in my papers :).

Have to be cool around the grandkids though. They go to the school where my daughter teaches. Don't want to get her in trouble when the rugrats could care less what I think about wetbacks anyway.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-01-2017, 06:47 PM
Queer used to mean odd. Faggot was a bundle of sticks. Fag was a cigarette.
Well... if you're a homo, you truly are "odd," as in queer.

Also...

faggot
<section class="def-pbk ce-spot" data-collapse-expand="{&quot;target&quot;: &quot;.def-set&quot;, &quot;type&quot;: &quot;def&quot;}" style="box-sizing: border-box;"><header class="luna-data-header" style="box-sizing: border-box;">noun, Slang.</header>1.Extremely Disparaging and Offensive. a contemptuous term used torefer to a male homosexual.

2.Offensive. a contemptible or dislikable person.

</section>
Origin of faggot2<button class="button-source" type="button" style="margin: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; cursor: pointer; background-image: url(&quot;../img/responsive/serp-lowdpi-6c95e.png&quot;); background-position: -292px -329px; background-size: initial; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; float: right; text-indent: -9999px; height: 28px; width: 27px; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; position: relative; top: -1px;">Expand</button>
1910-1915

Word Origin and History for faggot
<button class="button-source" type="button" style="margin: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; cursor: pointer; background-image: url(&quot;../img/responsive/serp-lowdpi-6c95e.png&quot;); background-position: -292px -329px; background-size: initial; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; float: right; text-indent: -9999px; height: 28px; width: 27px; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; position: relative; top: -1px;">Expand</button>
n.1<section class="def-pbk" style="box-sizing: border-box;">late 13c., "bundle of twigs bound up," from Old French fagot "bundle ofsticks" (13c.), of uncertain origin, probably from Italian faggotto, diminutive of Vulgar Latin *facus, from Latin fascis "bundle of wood" (seefasces (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/fasces) ).

Especially used for burning heretics (emblematic of this from 1550s), sothat phrase fire and faggot was used to indicate "punishment of a heretic."Heretics who recanted were required to wear an embroidered figure of afaggot on their sleeve, as an emblem and reminder of what they deserved.

</section>n.2<section class="def-pbk" style="box-sizing: border-box;">"male homosexual," 1914, American English slang (shortened form fag isfrom 1921), probably from earlier contemptuous term for "woman"(1590s), especially an old and unpleasant one, in reference to faggot (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/faggot) (n.1)"bundle of sticks," as something awkward that has to be carried (cf.baggage "worthless woman," 1590s). It may also be reinforced by Yiddishfaygele "homosexual," literally "little bird." It also may have roots in Britishpublic school slang fag "a junior who does certain duties for a senior"(1785), with suggestions of "catamite," from fag (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/fag) (v.). This also was usedas a verb.

He [the prefect] used to fag me to blow the chapel organ for him.["Boy's Own Paper," 1889]
Other obsolete senses of faggot were "man hired into military servicesimply to fill out the ranks at muster" (1700) and "vote manufactured forparty purposes" (1817).

The oft-reprinted assertion that male homosexuals were called faggotsbecause they were burned at the stake as punishment is an etymologicalurban legend. Burning was sometimes a punishment meted out tohomosexuals in Christian Europe (on the suggestion of the Biblical fate ofSodom and Gomorrah), but in England, where parliament had madehomosexuality a capital offense in 1533, hanging was the methodprescribed. Any use of faggot in connection with public executions hadlong become an English historical obscurity by the time the word began tobe used for "male homosexual" in 20th century American slang, whereasthe contemptuous slang word for "woman" (and the other possible sourcesor influences listed here) was in active use. It was used in this sense inearly 20c. by D.H. Lawrence and James Joyce, among others.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/faggot?s=t

</section>

High_Plains_Drifter
11-01-2017, 06:51 PM
Depends on your environment. The military is the US Govt's social laboratory. They have lab rats that can't say no. So I CAN play PC if I have to.

Haven't had to since I put in my papers :).

Have to be cool around the grandkids though. They go to the school where my daughter teaches. Don't want to get her in trouble when the rugrats could care less what I think about wetbacks anyway.

I have to play it cool around my grandson too. Instead of saying what I'd like to say sometimes, I just don't say anything at all.

Black Diamond
11-01-2017, 06:56 PM
Well... if you're a homo, you truly are "odd," as in queer.

Also...

faggot
<section class="def-pbk ce-spot" data-collapse-expand="{&quot;target&quot;: &quot;.def-set&quot;, &quot;type&quot;: &quot;def&quot;}" style="box-sizing: border-box;"><header class="luna-data-header" style="box-sizing: border-box;">noun, Slang.</header>1.Extremely Disparaging and Offensive. a contemptuous term used torefer to a male homosexual.

2.Offensive. a contemptible or dislikable person.

</section>
Origin of faggot2<button class="button-source" type="button" style="margin: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; cursor: pointer; background-image: url(&quot;../img/responsive/serp-lowdpi-6c95e.png&quot;); background-position: -292px -329px; background-size: initial; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; float: right; text-indent: -9999px; height: 28px; width: 27px; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; position: relative; top: -1px;">Expand</button>
1910-1915

Word Origin and History for faggot
<button class="button-source" type="button" style="margin: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; cursor: pointer; background-image: url(&quot;../img/responsive/serp-lowdpi-6c95e.png&quot;); background-position: -292px -329px; background-size: initial; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; float: right; text-indent: -9999px; height: 28px; width: 27px; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; position: relative; top: -1px;">Expand</button>
n.1<section class="def-pbk" style="box-sizing: border-box;">late 13c., "bundle of twigs bound up," from Old French fagot "bundle ofsticks" (13c.), of uncertain origin, probably from Italian faggotto, diminutive of Vulgar Latin *facus, from Latin fascis "bundle of wood" (seefasces (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/fasces) ).

Especially used for burning heretics (emblematic of this from 1550s), sothat phrase fire and faggot was used to indicate "punishment of a heretic."Heretics who recanted were required to wear an embroidered figure of afaggot on their sleeve, as an emblem and reminder of what they deserved.

</section>n.2<section class="def-pbk" style="box-sizing: border-box;">"male homosexual," 1914, American English slang (shortened form fag isfrom 1921), probably from earlier contemptuous term for "woman"(1590s), especially an old and unpleasant one, in reference to faggot (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/faggot) (n.1)"bundle of sticks," as something awkward that has to be carried (cf.baggage "worthless woman," 1590s). It may also be reinforced by Yiddishfaygele "homosexual," literally "little bird." It also may have roots in Britishpublic school slang fag "a junior who does certain duties for a senior"(1785), with suggestions of "catamite," from fag (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/fag) (v.). This also was usedas a verb.

He [the prefect] used to fag me to blow the chapel organ for him.["Boy's Own Paper," 1889]
Other obsolete senses of faggot were "man hired into military servicesimply to fill out the ranks at muster" (1700) and "vote manufactured forparty purposes" (1817).

The oft-reprinted assertion that male homosexuals were called faggotsbecause they were burned at the stake as punishment is an etymologicalurban legend. Burning was sometimes a punishment meted out tohomosexuals in Christian Europe (on the suggestion of the Biblical fate ofSodom and Gomorrah), but in England, where parliament had madehomosexuality a capital offense in 1533, hanging was the methodprescribed. Any use of faggot in connection with public executions hadlong become an English historical obscurity by the time the word began tobe used for "male homosexual" in 20th century American slang, whereasthe contemptuous slang word for "woman" (and the other possible sourcesor influences listed here) was in active use. It was used in this sense inearly 20c. by D.H. Lawrence and James Joyce, among others.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/faggot?s=t

</section>

There's a faggot on the Led Zeppelin IV album cover. ;)

High_Plains_Drifter
11-01-2017, 07:15 PM
There's a faggot on the Led Zeppelin IV album cover. ;)
And I just listened to "Stairway To Heaven" the other day, first time in I don't know how long... :thumb:

Gunny
11-01-2017, 07:17 PM
There's a faggot on the Led Zeppelin IV album cover. ;)Okay. My take away is: we are wrong in assuming fags were burned at the stake as punishment but we can hang them :hanging:

darin
11-02-2017, 01:46 AM

What is More interesting to me is this: "I've decided to live as a gay man" -

Wha??? I thought Gay wasn't a choice? He destroyed TheNarrative.

Black Diamond
11-02-2017, 08:14 AM

Well there's that.

Abbey Marie
11-02-2017, 08:20 AM

Nice catch!