PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Worry That Hillary Could Hurt Party

nevadamedic
08-12-2007, 11:31 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) — Looking past the presidential nomination fight, Democratic leaders quietly fret that Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton at the top of their 2008 ticket could hurt candidates at the bottom.

They say the former first lady may be too polarizing for much of the country. She could jeopardize the party's standing with independent voters and give Republicans who otherwise might stay home on Election Day a reason to vote, they worry.

In more than 40 interviews, Democratic candidates, consultants and party chairs from every region pointed to internal polls that give Clinton strikingly high unfavorable ratings in places with key congressional and state races.

"I'm not sure it would be fatal in Indiana, but she would be a drag" on many candidates, said Democratic state Rep. Dave Crooks of Washington, Ind.

Unlike Crooks, most Democratic leaders agreed to talk frankly about Clinton's political coattails only if they remained anonymous, fearing reprisals from the New York senator's campaign. They all expressed admiration for Clinton, and some said they would publicly support her fierce fight for the nomination — despite privately held fears.

The chairman of a Midwest state party called Clinton a nightmare for congressional and state legislative candidates.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

This is a surprise to anyone? They did a poll recently that showed that 50% of Democrats would not vote for Hillary under ANY circumstances. I also love how the Liberal Media is turning on one of their own.

It also looks like her campaign has a history of threatening people into supporting her. No one should have to speak anonymously out of fear of someone running for office. The warning signs are clear, I just hope people will notice them.

nevadamedic
08-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Hillary Clinton is a piece of garbage just like her bastard husband. There is no difference whatsoever between the two of them.

This is one life long democrat who will vote against her and will actively participate in organizing a group of democrats against her candidacy.

Signed -

A 60 year old life long member of the Democratic Party

http://www.democrats.org/page/community/post/paulmann/C3ty

:laugh2: They are turning on her. I guess they can see right through the twelve layers of bullshit.

red states rule
08-13-2007, 04:23 AM
Who else has a shot of winning besides Obama? Both will lead the Dems over the cliff

red states rule
08-13-2007, 04:24 AM
This pits an interesting perspective on the issue

Clinton-Obama clash raises experience issue
By Christina Bellantoni
August 13, 2007

The foreign-policy spat between Democratic presidential rivals Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama has put their differences on display, but it has also opened a window for the second-tier 2008 White House hopefuls.

Experienced candidates trailing the two front-runners were able to take their gloves off in the past two weeks, targeting Mr. Obama as inexperienced and touting themselves as better equipped to lead the country.

"If we're going to regain our national security and restore our position in the world, it will take strong, proven leadership," said Sen. Christopher J. Dodd of Connecticut. "I have been involved in every major foreign-policy debate of the last quarter-century and helped resolve conflicts around the world, and I will bring that experience with me to the White House."

Both Mr. Dodd and Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. of Delaware have capitalized in recent weeks, and point out their experience can be tracked not by years but by decades.

The dust-up was timed nicely for Mr. Biden, whose recently released book "Promises to Keep: On Life and Politics" outlines his 34 years of foreign-policy experience.

The Clinton-Obama tiff "does raise questions about whether or not the future leader of the United States of America, whoever among us that may be, gets a sense of what's going on," Mr. Biden, the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said on Fox News last week.

The race has been defined by foreign policy lately, after Mr. Obama of Illinois said in a debate last month he would meet leaders of rogue nations such as Iran without preconditions his first year in office if elected. Mrs. Clinton of New York called his position "irresponsible" and "naive," igniting their spat.

Mr. Biden called the disagreement "petty," a distraction from the real issues, and said it "will not get our troops home any sooner."

http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070813/NATION/108130062/1001

red states rule
08-13-2007, 04:33 AM
Pander bear Hillary
Linda Chavez
August 13, 2007

Hillary Clinton may be pulling away from the pack of Democratic contenders, but she's still playing it safe. She's quick to stake out territory that puts her in the mainstream of Democratic opinion, even if it means disavowing her own past positions — or her husband's.

This week, Mrs. Clinton deftly danced around the trade issue during a debate sponsored by the AFL-CIO. To hear her talk about it, you'd think NAFTA (the North American Free Trade Agreement, which removed barriers and tariffs for products traded among the United States, Mexico and Canada) was a Republican plot to destroy American jobs.

In reality, NAFTA was one of President Bill Clinton's few genuine achievements during his eight-year tenure. Like all the other Democratic candidates, New York's Sen. Clinton was eager to disavow NAFTA before the 17,000 union members in Chicago's Soldier Field.

"NAFTA and the way it's been implemented has hurt a lot of American workers," Mrs. Clinton said, a position she claimed she has taken "for many years."

Funny, I don't remember Mrs. Clinton speaking out against NAFTA when her husband was in the Oval Office. President Clinton managed to get NAFTA through Congress with a lot of help from Republican members but was in office for almost half of the agreement's 13-year history. If there were problems with the agreement, you would think he would have tried to fix them.

Just looking at the agreement's first 10 years, seven of them on President Clinton's watch, suggests Hillary should be touting the success of free trade, not running away from it.

As the Cato Institute reported on the 10th anniversary of the implementation of NAFTA, U.S. exports to Mexico tripled after NAFTA went into effect. And there wasn't any "giant sucking sound" from jobs leaving the U.S. to Mexico, as Independent candidate Ross Perot had warned in the 1992 presidential debates. In those first 10 years, the United States added 18 million new jobs to the economy. Manufacturing output rose by 41 percent, compared with 34 percent in the previous decade.

The Institute for International Economics estimates trade liberalization has added an additional $9,000 a year to the typical American household. Of that, the U.S. trade representative's office last year estimated that NAFTA and the Uruguay Round (modifications of the General Agreements on Tariffs and Trade in effect between 1986 and 1994) alone generated $1,300-$2,000 for the average family of four. International trade allows American consumers to buy lower-priced, foreign-produced goods, while providing 1-in-5 American jobs tied to exports. And those U.S. jobs in exporting industries pay more than other jobs, an estimated 13 percent to 18 percent more, according to the U.S. trade representative.

http://washingtontimes.com/article/20070813/COMMENTARY/108130021/1012/commentary

nevadamedic
08-13-2007, 04:48 AM
Who else has a shot of winning besides Obama? Both will lead the Dems over the cliff

The only chance they have is Senator Chris Dodd, but they are to dumb to realize that. Quite Frankly I hope Hillary get's the nomination as we willl be guaranteed another four more years of a Republican in the White House.:salute:

red states rule
08-13-2007, 04:50 AM
The only chance they have is Senator Chris Dodd, but they are to dumb to realize that. Quite Frankly I hope Hillary get's the nomination as we willl be guaranteed another four more years of a Republican in the White House.:salute:

No arguement from me on what will happen if Hillary wins. But Dodd? The only thing he has as accomplishment is being one half of the waitress sandwich with Teddy Kennedy

nevadamedic
08-13-2007, 04:57 AM
No arguement from me on what will happen if Hillary wins. But Dodd? The only thing he has as accomplishment is being one half of the waitress sandwich with Teddy Kennedy

That was nothing. It happened in a Coffie Shop when he first got elected back in the seventies. He is a good man and one hell of a Polititian for being a Democrat.

red states rule
08-13-2007, 04:59 AM
That was nothing. It happened in a Coffie Shop when he first got elected back in the seventies. He is a good man and one hell of a Polititian for being a Democrat.

But he is a tax and spend liberal. He would fit in with the Hillary administration as Sec of Tax Increases

waterrescuedude2000
08-15-2007, 11:21 PM
If Hitlery gets in office she is gonna fuck our country up in 6 months at the outside. Probably quicker. She is gonna pull the troops out of Iraq the day she gets in office and create a civil war where we will have to go in with the UN and lose more American lives to get back where we are now. Guns will be banned. Hitlery and the New World Order will try to disarm America. These are just my opinion of course.

Psychoblues
08-26-2007, 10:06 PM
You little small minded jerkoffs don't like Hillary? Then don't vote for her. I ain't voting for Ruby G. or any of the rest of the warmongering cowards from the '60's but I ain't in here whining and prompting additional ignorant commentary about them either. I know about them and I'm learning about you.

nevadamedic
08-26-2007, 10:16 PM
You little small minded jerkoffs don't like Hillary? Then don't vote for her. I ain't voting for Ruby G. or any of the rest of the warmongering cowards from the '60's but I ain't in here whining and prompting additional ignorant commentary about them either. I know about them and I'm learning about you.

Awwwwww, did we strike a nerve? Talking the truth about your little crush Hillary makes you mad does it?

Psychoblues
08-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Your little smallminded selfish ass could never strike any nerve of anyone, nm.

Awwwwww, did we strike a nerve? Talking the truth about your little crush Hillary makes you mad does it?

2008. 2006 wasn't anything other than a prelude to the ultimate crush of the neocons and their like. Have you not examined the social, economic and diplomatic propensities of ALL the current right wing presidential candidates? What, if not progressive and democratic platforms, are they chasing?

nevadamedic
08-27-2007, 12:07 AM
Your little smallminded selfish ass could never strike any nerve of anyone, nm.

2008. 2006 wasn't anything other than a prelude to the ultimate crush of the neocons and their like. Have you not examined the social, economic and diplomatic propensities of ALL the current right wing presidential candidates? What, if not progressive and democratic platforms, are they chasing?

I wouldn't call it an ultimate crush, but look at your beloved Democrats it has only been less then a year and they keep fucking up so bad that their approval ratings are the lowest in history!

Psychoblues
08-27-2007, 12:30 AM
Losing only two houses of the United States Congress is not enough of a victory.

I wouldn't call it an ultimate crush, but look at your beloved Democrats it has only been less then a year and they keep fucking up so bad that their approval ratings are the lowest in history!

Considering that we only have two houses of congress and considering that the prez enjoys just a 26% approval rating and considering that all the conservative frontrunners would have been considered radical liberals just a few years ago tells me that your conservatism is stinky. What do you think?

nevadamedic
08-27-2007, 12:34 AM
Losing only two houses of the United States Congress is not enough of a victory.

Considering that we only have two houses of congress and considering that the prez enjoys just a 26% approval rating and considering that all the conservative frontrunners would have been considered radical liberals just a few years ago tells me that your conservatism is stinky. What do you think?

I think your smoking crack again...............

Psychoblues
08-27-2007, 12:42 AM
You can stop thinking, nm (as if you ever started).

OK, crack.

I think your smoking crack again...............

What you got after I've smoked you? Not much I suspect. You ain't never had much.