PDA

View Full Version : Russia is a bully - funded in part from the West

darin
11-02-2017, 04:53 AM
"Already Europe’s biggest gas user, Germany gets about 40 percent of what it consumes from Russia, the world’s largest exporter, according to industry consultant Wood Mackenzie Ltd. in London. That dependence is only going to increase by 2025 to more than 50 percent, especially with output from the Netherlands, Germany’s western neighbor, set to drop in coming years."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-03/german-addiction-to-russia-gas-raises-alarm-in-merkel-s-backyard

Older story - from July -

But what gets me is this: IF a major conflict started with Russia, who would fuel NATO's tanks, planes, and trains? Getting into a shoving match with a country with whom HALF your energy is purchased seems like a bad idea. Why does Germany import so much? MAYBE - and I cant prove it - but maybe it's because Germany has wasted billions? of Euro on Wind-generators. The wind won't power a tank.

Gunny
11-02-2017, 03:20 PM
"Already Europe’s biggest gas user, Germany gets about 40 percent of what it consumes from Russia, the world’s largest exporter, according to industry consultant Wood Mackenzie Ltd. in London. That dependence is only going to increase by 2025 to more than 50 percent, especially with output from the Netherlands, Germany’s western neighbor, set to drop in coming years."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-03/german-addiction-to-russia-gas-raises-alarm-in-merkel-s-backyard

Older story - from July -

But what gets me is this: IF a major conflict started with Russia, who would fuel NATO's tanks, planes, and trains? Getting into a shoving match with a country with whom HALF your energy is purchased seems like a bad idea. Why does Germany import so much? MAYBE - and I cant prove it - but maybe it's because Germany has wasted billions? of Euro on Wind-generators. The wind won't power a tank.Could ask the same of us. Difference is, we have the resources. The chicken littles just keep preaching gloom and doom if we use them.

where we would come up short in the event of war is refineries. We have the oil. The refineries predate the 70s thanks to Carter and the EPA. They laid so many rules on any new refineries the oil companies just said screw it, we won't build anymore. SO we produce our oil and send it off to be refined and import it back. Brilliant, huh?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-02-2017, 05:29 PM
Could ask the same of us. Difference is, we have the resources. The chicken littles just keep preaching gloom and doom if we use them.

where we would come up short in the event of war is refineries. We have the oil. The refineries predate the 70s thanks to Carter and the EPA. They laid so many rules on any new refineries the oil companies just said screw it, we won't build anymore. SO we produce our oil and send it off to be refined and import it back. Brilliant, huh?

That weakness, is by globalist design. Why else would such insanity ever have been engineered and promoted?
This one world government thing ( organized group) has been in the making since WW2 ended...--Tyr

Gunny
11-02-2017, 06:55 PM
That weakness, is by globalist design. Why else would such insanity ever have been engineered and promoted?
This one world government thing ( organized group) has been in the making since WW2 ended...--TyrWhat you call globalism I call greed. A drawback to an open market. I for one would have no problem nationalizing our oil and taking it off the free market to be used in our interest only except for one big drawback: The US Gov't would be the one that decided who got the oil, when, where, how, and why and it's currently too corrupt and inept to hand such a responsibility. They can't even handle a checkbook.

Gunny
11-04-2017, 10:50 PM
If the Russians are so damned tricky and smart ... maybe their mastermind might wish to ponder the use of f-ing RUSSIAN subtitles? Just sayin' ... my Russian begins and ends with "nyet".:slap::laugh: