PDA

View Full Version : Darius Rucker -- CMA Awards

Gunny
11-08-2017, 08:05 PM
Darius Rucker, Lady Antebellum and that Australian dude are opening for the CMAs. Rucking has a 1stMarDiv patch from Guadalcanal on his guitar strap. Seems a bit young, don't he? The Battle of Guadalcanal was in 1942.

pete311
11-08-2017, 10:05 PM
Possible it was his fathers

hjmick
11-08-2017, 10:32 PM
Possible it was his fathers

Doubtful, he wasn't close to his father so it's unlikely he would honor him in that way. Not to mention the fact that Rucker is younger than I am so it is also unlikely that his father was old enough to serve in WWII.

Most logical answers are he thinks it's cool or he supports the military.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-08-2017, 11:09 PM
I didn't watch. Can't stand what they call "country music" nowadays. It all sounds the same, cookie cutter garbage, more like pop than country.

Give me some George Jones or Patsy Cline, that's real country.

Bilgerat
11-09-2017, 11:01 AM
I thought this was pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvKyBcCDOB4

Gunny
11-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Doubtful, he wasn't close to his father so it's unlikely he would honor him in that way. Not to mention the fact that Rucker is younger than I am so it is also unlikely that his father was old enough to serve in WWII.

Most logical answers are he thinks it's cool or he supports the military.

The 1stMarDiv had and still has the same patch. The difference being the name of the campaign or war is listed next to the "1". I just found it curious that he would be sporting one, the mindset from my POV being "If we don't rate it, we don't wear it". An active duty person wearing something he hasn't earned can be brought up on charges for it. Anyway, I was just curious.

Gunny
11-09-2017, 01:00 PM
I didn't watch. Can't stand what they call "country music" nowadays. It all sounds the same, cookie cutter garbage, more like pop than country.

Give me some George Jones or Patsy Cline, that's real country.What is "real country" is usually based on what you were brought up on. That's for style and age. The country I like most is more bluegrass because it's what I was raised on. As a Southern rock fan, I also like what is now called "Texas Outlaw" which is basically hard rock-country. Texas has its own style of country music.

I don't like pop country in general. That's for if you're hard up and stuck with just a radio in the truck. I do however listen to almost anything if I like the song. I'll listen to Tejano if the music is good.

Abbey Marie
11-10-2017, 09:18 AM
What is "real country" is usually based on what you were brought up on. That's for style and age. The country I like most is more bluegrass because it's what I was raised on. As a Southern rock fan, I also like what is now called "Texas Outlaw" which is basically hard rock-country. Texas has its own style of country music.

I don't like pop country in general. That's for if you're hard up and stuck with just a radio in the truck. I do however listen to almost anything if I like the song. I'll listen to Tejano if the music is good.

Yes to the bolded. The best.

NightTrain
11-10-2017, 10:02 AM
Looks like a fan gave that to him :

Brody‏ (https://twitter.com/StanlyHoneyBdgr)
@StanlyHoneyBdgr (https://twitter.com/StanlyHoneyBdgr)<button type="button" class=" EdgeButton EdgeButton--secondary EdgeButton--medium button-text follow-text" style="color: rgb(134, 146, 144); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: bold; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(134, 146, 144); padding: 6px 16px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; border-radius: 100px; box-shadow: none; position: relative; white-space: nowrap; display: block; min-width: 105px;">FollowFollow
@StanlyHoneyBdgr</button>

<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 0px 9px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
</button>

@dariusrucker (https://twitter.com/dariusrucker) Noticed a 101 airborne patch on your guitar strap last night at Gexa. Why do you wear it?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/911206757661372423/hJF2b6Bj_bigger.jpgDarius Rucker‏Verified account @dariusrucker (https://twitter.com/dariusrucker)<button type="button" class=" EdgeButton EdgeButton--secondary EdgeButton--medium button-text follow-text" style="color: rgb(134, 146, 144); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: bold; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(134, 146, 144); padding: 6px 16px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; border-radius: 100px; box-shadow: none; position: relative; white-space: nowrap; display: block; min-width: 105px;">FollowFollow
@dariusrucker</button>

<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 0px 9px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
</button>

Darius Rucker Retweeted Brody
Given to me during a show for the military. And I love and respect all those folks!