PDA

View Full Version : The Democrats wins

jimnyc
11-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Without a doubt, Tuesday was a positive day for the Democrats, perhaps even a launching pad for their future. Almost all victories for the evening. There really isn't much of anything negative to say, a win is a win.

This isn't me trying to whine on their parades, just looking at the reality of it all. Some media have labeled it as a landslide, a sign of the future, shows the nation doesn't support Trump... and all kinds of other crazy negative things towards the Republicans.

But does any of this really show a romping and a complete sign of public opinion turning against republicans and/or those who have supported or who haven't supported Trump? I don't think so, not in my lame opinion anyway.

There were states that had governor up for election. New Jersey & Virginia. Both went to Democrats. Pretty much every poll for awhile had Northam taking the W, so it was no surprise. I didn't follow any of this election, so I'm a homer in that respect. But not surprising that it went from Dem to Dem. In New Jersey, Murphy has held a long established lead in the polls, so another that really was no surprise. Quite frankly, I think a lot of folks in NJ grew tired of Chris Christie, and his time as governor likely lead to helping Murphy win at the polls.

Then their was just one state senate position open, Washington State. This was another "takeaway" for the Democrats.

Then there were no less than 20 mayors up for election. Some were listed as no partisanship. With those aside....

The Democrats did "takeaways" in 2 cities. 15 were incumbents or stayed Dem. 2 Republicans won that were incumbents. 1 win was for the independence/reform party.

Again, VERY good night for the Democrats. But did they run away with power? Not in my opinion. Is this a sign of things to come? It's hard to tell, as many of these "stayed the course" with the same parties staying in charge in the same locations. The 2 governors were the major takeaways for the day. And Murphy is expected to legalize marijuana in the state, which is probably why all the stoners went out and voted. :thumb:

Gunny
11-09-2017, 12:41 PM
Without a doubt, Tuesday was a positive day for the Democrats, perhaps even a launching pad for their future. Almost all victories for the evening. There really isn't much of anything negative to say, a win is a win.

This isn't me trying to whine on their parades, just looking at the reality of it all. Some media have labeled it as a landslide, a sign of the future, shows the nation doesn't support Trump... and all kinds of other crazy negative things towards the Republicans.

But does any of this really show a romping and a complete sign of public opinion turning against republicans and/or those who have supported or who haven't supported Trump? I don't think so, not in my lame opinion anyway.

There were states that had governor up for election. New Jersey & Virginia. Both went to Democrats. Pretty much every poll for awhile had Northam taking the W, so it was no surprise. I didn't follow any of this election, so I'm a homer in that respect. But not surprising that it went from Dem to Dem. In New Jersey, Murphy has held a long established lead in the polls, so another that really was no surprise. Quite frankly, I think a lot of folks in NJ grew tired of Chris Christie, and his time as governor likely lead to helping Murphy win at the polls.

Then their was just one state senate position open, Washington State. This was another "takeaway" for the Democrats.

Then there were no less than 20 mayors up for election. Some were listed as no partisanship. With those aside....

The Democrats did "takeaways" in 2 cities. 15 were incumbents or stayed Dem. 2 Republicans won that were incumbents. 1 win was for the independence/reform party.

Again, VERY good night for the Democrats. But did they run away with power? Not in my opinion. Is this a sign of things to come? It's hard to tell, as many of these "stayed the course" with the same parties staying in charge in the same locations. The 2 governors were the major takeaways for the day. And Murphy is expected to legalize marijuana in the state, which is probably why all the stoners went out and voted. :thumb:Minus the "landslide victory" for Dems, they basically broke even. Christie was a "wasn't supposed to have" to start with. That going back to the Dems was no surprise. VA already had a losercrat, and who really gives a flip about Mayors?

jimnyc
11-09-2017, 12:59 PM
Minus the "landslide victory" for Dems, they basically broke even. Christie was a "wasn't supposed to have" to start with. That going back to the Dems was no surprise. VA already had a losercrat, and who really gives a flip about Mayors?

I'm sure those locales care about the mayors, but overall for America, it doesn't mean much. The MSM used this past Tuesday to proclaim victory in America, this so called landslide & running with it.

I guess for them, this was a great achievement, compared to rigging, cheating, non-stop violation of laws (and that was just Hillary).

But even with the hated Trump in office, the Dems found a way to STILL shine negativity on themselves, and maybe even more so than Trump at times. Their party as a whole is in just as much turmoil, if not more. And if scandals that were weirdly never investigated, rightfully start to get investigated, things may even grow worse for them. IMO, dirty hands all around. From Hillary, to Donna Brazile to Wasserman Schultz to who knows else in the DNC. Then from the FBI to the DOJ and Loretta Lynch and Eric Holder and perhaps and remotely involving our former president. And who else knows involving getting fisa warrants granted.

With that said - 2 governors and one state senator is not the monstrous victory some in the MSM are making it out to be. It IS extremely positive for the Dems, as it was about as positive an outcome that could have been expected. Again, this isn't shooting them down, they done did well! :) Seriously, you don't see me knocking any of the candidates.

Gunny
11-09-2017, 01:02 PM
I'm sure those locales care about the mayors, but overall for America, it doesn't mean much. The MSM used this past Tuesday to proclaim victory in America, this so called landslide & running with it.

I guess for them, this was a great achievement, compared to rigging, cheating, non-stop violation of laws (and that was just Hillary).

But even with the hated Trump in office, the Dems found a way to STILL shine negativity on themselves, and maybe even more so than Trump at times. Their party as a whole is in just as much turmoil, if not more. And if scandals that were weirdly never investigated, rightfully start to get investigated, things may even grow worse for them. IMO, dirty hands all around. From Hillary, to Donna Brazile to Wasserman Schultz to who knows else in the DNC. Then from the FBI to the DOJ and Loretta Lynch and Eric Holder and perhaps and remotely involving our former president. And who else knows involving getting fisa warrants granted.

With that said - 2 governors and one state senator is not the monstrous victory some in the MSM are making it out to be. It IS extremely positive for the Dems, as it was about as positive an outcome that could have been expected. Again, this isn't shooting them down, they done did well! :) Seriously, you don't see me knocking any of the candidates.Was on the news this morning that Muller's name is on that list as well. Wonder if he'll investigate himself?

jimnyc
11-09-2017, 01:05 PM
Was on the news this morning that Muller's name is on that list as well. Wonder if he'll investigate himself?

IF the uranium one scandal were to be rightfully investigated, then he 'should' rightfully recuse himself at that point from all investigations.

IMO, his prior work and who he dealt with and what not - I don't think he should be the one in charge now, just purely on appearances. He's worked with far too many people. I DO NOT have any reason to state with facts that he would be biased in any manner though.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-09-2017, 01:13 PM
This entire VICTORY DANCE, it's a rejection of president Trump mantra, is a COMPLETE fabrication from the RABID, frothing at the mouth democrats, who if they haven't noticed lately, their party is in TATTERS.

They're the same ones that told us FOR SURE, Hitlery was going to WIN.

There is NO, NEW ANTI PRESIDENT TRUMP WAVE going on. Just DAYS ago Clinton News Network went out trying to find people that voted for Trump that have CHANGED THEIR MIND, and they COULDN'T... FIND... ANY.

The dems have lost OVER TWELVE HUNDRED SEATS OF POWER in the last TENS YEARS, so these COUPLE little STATE/LOCAL wins in DEMOCRAP territory being portrayed as some kind TIDAL WAVE SHIFT AGAINST PRESIDENT TRUMP is an ABSOLUTE FARCE. The TDS, CRAZED, LYING DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING is LYING straight to your face, and they're HOPING you believe it, just like you were supposed to believe president Trump was going to LOSE.

The best thing to do is NOT EVEN LISTEN to it, I sure the fuck don't. It's TRASH talk, it's LYING, it's FAKE NEWS, and it's WHAT DEMOCRATS DO.

aboutime
11-09-2017, 04:40 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/10/26/fact-check-what-we-know-uranium-one-deal/804753001/

http://www.newsweek.com/what-we-know-about-russian-uranium-scheme-involving-clinton-and-obama-693348

The Obama administration and then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton have risen to the center of controversy over a 2010 nuclear deal that handed Russia control of 20 percent of the U.S.’s uranium supply. The Uranium One deal has been referred to as a Russian nuclear bribery scheme and similar names since government documents surfaced last week showing the FBI had substantial evidence of racketeering by Russian officials before the Obama administration approved the deal.

What happened in the deal?

In October 2010, the State Department and other agencies on the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) unanimously approved the partial sale of Uranium One, a Canadian mining company, to the Russian nuclear giant Rosatom, vastly expanding Russian President Vladimir Putin’s footprint inside the U.S.’s atomic energy industry.