PDA

View Full Version : Salem 1692, anyone?

Abbey Marie
11-11-2017, 01:05 PM
I want to make a couple of expanded points about the current "outing" of many men for alleged sexual misconduct; ranging from touching an arm, to outright rape.

To say we are experiencing a rebirth of the witch trial era is only a little bit exaggerated. So far, no one is being killed for their misconduct, at least. But the conviction by public opinion, the lack of evidence, the piling-on, and the public shaming are sure reminiscent. And we all know how those trials turned out. Well, one might say at least they had a trial, pathetic as it was.

Assume, as our dear friends in the media do, that these men are guilty. Assume also that the women involved did not consent at the time (not including the 14 year old), and have now given it all a "rethink" in today's climate. If these assumptions are true, and I suspect many of them are, I am absolutely appalled at the sense of entitlement and perverse nature of so many men. (A religious topic for another day- see Robot Doll, i.e.). I have railed on here for more than a decade about the sad state of our culture. The lack of modesty and virtue that especially women now seem to have. (What would our grandmothers think about Miley Cyrus? It's mind-boggling).

The point is, illegal and immoral or not, there are consequences for such behaviors. Perhaps we are seeing these consequences more than ever. Of course, men have no right to touch a woman sexually without her consent, no matter how much she advertises that sexuality. But having no right is not enough protection for women. People will almost always do what they think they can get away with. These are not stupid men; they may have erroneously felt they had a very reasonable chance of being allowed to do what they did. Remember the part about virtue and modesty?

To reiterate a few points for those who are looking to be offended by my comments: If true, these actions are 100% wrong. These women did nothing to "deserve" it. The guilty men should be punished. Having said all that, I believe women should should still act and dress with some modesty. As someone dear to me put it - don't advertise something you are not willing to sell.

I know that even these comments will be considered by some to be horrible. Don't care. Sometimes we have to face reality, PC or not.

Finally, if anyone thinks all the doubts about the truth of these claims are uncalled for- you can directly thank years of lying media and people putting politics above all else, for our cynicism.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-11-2017, 02:24 PM
Ya know, they believe they traced the cause of the Salem witch trials back to an especially wet summer, which caused a type of mold on the grain they used for their bread, that essentially contained what we know as LSD, lysergic diethylamide acid. They were unwittingly dropping ACID.

I'm afraid some of today's strokes of virtue, and some after an almost ridiculous amount of time, i.e., the Moore accusations, I believe is politically motivated, because after all this time, how in the world can you either prove they're true or not, but that isn't what the left is concerned with. They know that all they really have to do is make the claims and then let their propaganda machine do the rest, and if it has the desired effect, they will have ruined their opponents chances of ever winning, and that, is EXACTLY how the left operates.

But just to add, if the afore mentioned accusations are true, Moore needs to quietly go away, in shame.

Abbey Marie
04-02-2018, 08:50 PM
Bump...

:coffee:

tailfins
04-02-2018, 09:23 PM
The notion that no one has died over sexual misconduct allegations is debateable. At least Dan Johnson's wife still believed in him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ky-rep-dan-johnson-widow-running-replace-suicide-article-1.3698460

The widow of Kentucky state lawmaker Dan Johnson, who killed himself Wednesday amid sexual assault allegations, plans to run for her husband’s seat.“Dan is gone but the story of his life is far from over,” Rebecca Johnson said Thursday in a statement issued through a family friend.
“These high-tech lynchings and half truths can’t be allowed to win the day,” Johnson’s wife of 30 years continued. “I’ve been fighting behind my husband for thirty years and his fight will go on.”

Abbey Marie
04-02-2018, 11:37 PM
The notion that no one has died over sexual misconduct allegations is debateable. At least Dan Johnson's wife still believed in him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ky-rep-dan-johnson-widow-running-replace-suicide-article-1.3698460

Indirectly, but yes, the fallout from these allegations is real.

darin
04-03-2018, 05:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxuUkYiaUc8

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-03-2018, 07:17 AM
I want to make a couple of expanded points about the current "outing" of many men for alleged sexual misconduct; ranging from touching an arm, to outright rape.

To say we are experiencing a rebirth of the witch trial era is only a little bit exaggerated. So far, no one is being killed for their misconduct, at least. But the conviction by public opinion, the lack of evidence, the piling-on, and the public shaming are sure reminiscent. And we all know how those trials turned out. Well, one might say at least they had a trial, pathetic as it was.

Assume, as our dear friends in the media do, that these men are guilty. Assume also that the women involved did not consent at the time (not including the 14 year old), and have now given it all a "rethink" in today's climate. If these assumptions are true, and I suspect many of them are, I am absolutely appalled at the sense of entitlement and perverse nature of so many men. (A religious topic for another day- see Robot Doll, i.e.). I have railed on here for more than a decade about the sad state of our culture. The lack of modesty and virtue that especially women now seem to have. (What would our grandmothers think about Miley Cyrus? It's mind-boggling).

The point is, illegal and immoral or not, there are consequences for such behaviors. Perhaps we are seeing these consequences more than ever. Of course, men have no right to touch a woman sexually without her consent, no matter how much she advertises that sexuality. But having no right is not enough protection for women. People will almost always do what they think they can get away with. These are not stupid men; they may have erroneously felt they had a very reasonable chance of being allowed to do what they did. Remember the part about virtue and modesty?

To reiterate a few points for those who are looking to be offended by my comments: If true, these actions are 100% wrong. These women did nothing to "deserve" it. The guilty men should be punished. Having said all that, I believe women should should still act and dress with some modesty. As someone dear to me put it - don't advertise something you are not willing to sell.

I know that even these comments will be considered by some to be horrible. Don't care. Sometimes we have to face reality, PC or not.

Finally, if anyone thinks all the doubts about the truth of these claims are uncalled for- you can directly thank years of lying media and people putting politics above all else, for our cynicism.

So very well stated. Sums up my view on this as well. believe some of these men are guilty and deserve punishment and I believe some of these women are lying and were willing participants but now change their story.
Think of the lives ruined of the innocent men....
And if anybody says every accusation is true, I ask them this- Do you have no damn clue about human nature, greed and motivation??
And why is the woman's word automatically taken over that of the man's.
Are women never liars, and never capable of deception??-- -Tyr

High_Plains_Drifter
04-03-2018, 05:59 PM
I'll tell ya... I know this guy, he was in his 30's at the time, maybe even 40, that had sex with two 13 year olds. I know the two girls too, and they were wild as a hare, always in trouble, drank, partied, did drugs, no dad, mother that wished they were gone... and they had sex with this guy after a party at his house WILLINGLY, all be it, it was their idea, and he got sent up the crick for 12 years and is now for the rest of his life labeled a sex offender.

I know another guy that had these two girls, sisters, 13 and 14, that crawled in his window one night late sneaking into his house and had sex with them. I know all those players too, but this guy didn't get sent up for whatever reason, I think because he was a minor too at the time.

My point is, if sex is consensual, or even instigated by the female, then it is beyond unfair to JUST punish the guy. The girls should suffer consequences EQUAL.

If I was a judge and heard a story like the first one of two girls that led a guy on and had sex with him because they WANTED TO, because it was THEIR IDEA, I'd just bang my gavel and say... CASE DISMISSED.

Gunny
04-03-2018, 07:39 PM
I think both sides are equally guilty and but only one side is allowed opportunists and liars to be taken at their word. Call me cynical and truly AM sorry for actual victims, but I trust none of them on either side of the accusations. And the #metoo's are absurd. It goes from 1-50 accusations in a week. Never just one. Or a couple. 0 or 2 dozen. Sure thing :rolleyes: