PDA

View Full Version : Vietnam Vets support Trump

jimnyc
11-12-2017, 11:25 AM
The truth is though, the military as a whole is divided in their support or pov's on Trump. Perhaps the Vietnam Vets themselves feel stronger about him, I couldn't say. I think this proclamation might make some of them happy for sure, even if it doesn't do anything for their feelings about Trump.

This is about the Veterans. and thanking them, and never forgetting the lost lives and the toll this war took on so many.

--

Vietnam Veterans to Trump: 'We're All Behind You In Making America Great Again'

On Thursday, President Donald Trump met with seven veterans of the Vietnam War during his East Asia tour. He signed a declaration commemorating the war, and let the veterans speak for themselves. Each of the four who spoke offered praise for Trump, and some explicitly supported him politically.

"I do admire what you're doing with our country, thank you for your dedication to our military," Steve Hopper, a veteran from Greenfield, Ill., said at the podium. "We're all behind you in making America great again."

Bill Reynolds from Santa Clarita, Calif., chimed in as well. "My family is so proud. My wife loves you. She does. We all love you," Reynolds said.

"All of the veterans that I represent in my community asked me to say to you: Keep doing what you're doing. We need to win. We need to make America great again. And we definitely think you are on the right track," the California veteran added.

Robert Good, from Stevenson Ranch, Calif., hesitated to speak. When he finally did, he said, "You know, it's an honor for me to be here today to meet the President of the United States that's doing such a fine job for America."

"I'm so proud of him and what he's doing, and I'm also really proud to represent all those veterans that are back home, to be one of seven of these veterans that are here today," Good added. "It's such an honor to represent the rest of those veterans in the United States of America."

Max Morgan, of Santa Clarita, Calif., did not express political support for President Trump, but he broke into tears at the president's decision to honor veterans.

"Mr. President, from my heart, thank you for your support of the military, and it's an honor to be here as one of seven Vietnam veterans representing the 58,000 heroes who never made it home," Morgan said, his voice breaking.

In his remarks, Trump hailed these veterans as "great, great warriors and veterans of the Vietnam War." He added, "Our veterans are a national treasure, and I think them all for their service, sacrifice, and patriotism."

"To each of you with me today, you are the heroes who fulfilled your duty to our nation, and each of you under the most difficult conditions did what you needed to do and did it well," Trump added. He said meeting these veterans was "one of my great honors." He also declared, "We will not rest until all of the 1,253 missing veterans are returned home."

Trump signed a declaration commemorating the war. (https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/11/10/presidential-proclamation-commemorating-50th-anniversary-vietnam-war)

Fifty years ago, in 1967, nearly 500,000 American troops served in South Vietnam, along with approximately 850,000 troops of our allies. Today, during Veterans and Military Families Month and as the Federal Government observes Veterans Day, I am in Vietnam alongside business and political leaders to advance the interests of America, and to promote peace and stability in his region and around the world.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/vietnam-veterans-to-trump-were-all-behind-you-in-making-america-great-again/

The text of the Presidential Proclamation:

Presidential Proclamation Commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War

COMMEMORATION OF THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE VIETNAM WAR

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

Today, I lead our Nation in somber reflection as we continue the 13-year Commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War that began in 2012. We salute our brave Vietnam veterans who, in service to our Nation and in defense of liberty, fought gallantly against the spread of communism and defended the freedom of the Vietnamese people.

Fifty years ago, in 1967, nearly 500,000 American troops served in South Vietnam, along with approximately 850,000 troops of our allies. Today, during Veterans and Military Families Month and as the Federal Government observes Veterans Day, I am in Vietnam alongside business and political leaders to advance the interests of America, and to promote peace and stability in this region and around the world. I cherish this opportunity to recall, with humility, the sacrifices our veterans made for our freedom and our Nation's strength.

During this Commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War, we embrace our responsibility to help our Vietnam veterans and their families heal from the heavy toll of war. We remember the more than 58,000 soldiers whose names are memorialized on black granite wall in our Nation's capital for having borne the heaviest cost of war. We also pay tribute to the brave patriots who suffered as prisoners of war, and we stand steadfast in our commitment not to rest until we account for the 1,253 heroes who have not yet returned to American soil.

To ensure the sacrifices of the 9 million heroes who served during this difficult chapter of our country's history are remembered for generations to come, I signed into law the Vietnam War Veterans Recognition Act of 2017, designating March 29 of each year as National Vietnam War Veterans Day. Throughout this Commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War, and every March 29 thereafter, we will honor all those who answered our Nation's call to duty. We vow to never again confuse personal disapproval of war with prejudice against those who honorably wear the uniform of our Armed Forces. With conviction, our Nation pledges our enduring respect, our continuing care, and our everlasting commitment to all Vietnam veterans.

We applaud the thousands of local, State, and national organizations, businesses, and governmental entities that have already partnered with the Federal Government in the Commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War. Because of their remarkable leadership and dedication, countless Vietnam veterans and their families have been personally and publicly thanked and honored in ceremonies in towns and cities throughout our country. During my Administration, I promise to continue coordinated efforts to recognize all veterans of the Vietnam War for their service and sacrifice, and to provide them with the heartfelt acknowledgement and gratitude that they and their families so richly deserve.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby confirm the commitment of this Nation to the Commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War, which began on Memorial Day, 2012 and will continue through Veterans Day, 2025. I call upon all Americans to offer each of our Vietnam veterans and their families a thank you on behalf of the Nation, both privately and during public ceremonies and programs across our country.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this tenth day of November, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-second.

DONALD J. TRUMP

LongTermGuy
11-12-2017, 04:39 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/veterans_for_trump_round_clock-r2fd5d8b96c36440c883c89ffcc99101b_fup1s_8byvr_324. jpg