PDA

View Full Version : Thor Ragnarok

darin
11-13-2017, 07:42 AM
I saw this over the weekend - and i went in with LOW expectations..

I lol'd out loud a LOT. :)

This clip may have some spoilers - but it also showcases how FUNNY the movie is at times :) Also has some Thor's roommate stuff not part of the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dvdFu6tQA0

And Cate Blanchet as Hela? OMG. She. Looks. AMAZING.

NightTrain
11-13-2017, 08:23 AM
Haven't seen it yet, I need to though.

pete311
11-13-2017, 08:57 AM
Funniest movie I've seen in a long time.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-13-2017, 09:04 AM
My newly converted, religious zealot son won't watch movies like that anymore... say's they're "EVIL," because they portray "FALSE GODS."

I guess you have to suspend your imagination and ability to decipher between a "STORY" just for entertainments sake, and the "truth." Another point of contention that my son has gone off the deep end with this extreme religious consumption.

pete311
11-13-2017, 09:34 AM
It's in the same vein as Deadpool or Ant Man, but definitely amps up the dry humor and it totally works. I never buy movies, but I might buy this one.

pete311
11-13-2017, 09:36 AM
My newly converted, religious zealot son won't watch movies like that anymore... say's they're "EVIL," because they portray "FALSE GODS."

I guess you have to suspend your imagination and ability to decipher between a "STORY" just for entertainments sake, and the "truth." Another point of contention that my son has gone off the deep end with this extreme religious consumption.

I would say rather your son needs to engage and free his imagination rather than oppress it.

darin
11-13-2017, 09:40 AM
I will withhold comment about your new-converted son...

but about the movie - it kinda ruined the mystique of Thor - who by his own admission is NOT an actual deity. "God of Thunder" is really just someone who commands/controls lightning - NOT to be worshiped and all that.

The movie adds current humor/writing and sayings - and to see Thor humbled and his faults and all that....and did I mention Hela? Blanchett's body suit plays very well with her booty :)

darin
11-13-2017, 09:52 AM
btw - I got the impression Thor's "hammer" represents the male's idealized penis and his image thereof. Men place their sexual identity in their 'hammer power' and if they didn't/don't have an amazing "Hammer" they are somehow 'less-than'.

Wonder what Freud would think about my impression? :)

LongTermGuy
11-13-2017, 11:44 AM
It's in the same vein as Deadpool or Ant Man, but definitely amps up the dry humor and it totally works. I never buy movies, but I might buy this one.

​Thinking the same thing (dry humor)...but definitely a different twist for this brand based on the trailer I just viewed ....Son and I will check it out.

(seen Ant-Man a week ago it was fun):laugh:

SassyLady
02-02-2018, 05:07 PM
I loved it! Laughed a lot!

Cate ... "shrug"

Chris ..... "sigh"

Gunny
02-02-2018, 05:12 PM

I guess you have to suspend your imagination and ability to decipher between a "STORY" just for entertainments sake, and the "truth." Another point of contention that my son has gone off the deep end with this extreme religious consumption.My SIL is just dumber'n a brick and everything cliche about a dumb redneck. If he was a Holy Roller too I'm afraid I'd have to hurt him.