PDA

View Full Version : World of Coke

dan
08-13-2007, 05:52 AM
I went to Atlanta on Saturday for a concert, and my friends and I figured we'd make a day of it. We went to this place called the World of Coke which is kind of an interactive tour through the history of Coca-Cola. There was some really cool stuff there, among other things, a nice-sized Andy Warhol art display featuring the work he did for Coke over the years. There was also a 4-D (the chairs shake and that kinda thing) movie, a presentation of classic commercials, a tasting room, and other stuff. Overall, it was really cool, and I guess you could say the whole thing was just a huge ad for Coke, but no more so than Disney World is a huge ad for Disney.

Sidenote, in the tasting room, they had Coke products from all over the world. They had an Italian soda called Beverly that was honestly the absolute worst drink I've ever tasted in my life. I kind of refuse to believe that it's a legitimate drink, I think it's just there as a joke. Anybody know anything about it?

But, yeah, it was a great time, and it was only $15, how could you go wrong? And I only feel slightly brainwashed now. BUY COKE NOW!!:laugh2:

The concert was good, too, I'll post about that in the music section.

glockmail
08-13-2007, 08:35 PM

Sidenote, in the tasting room, they had Coke products from all over the world. They had an Italian soda called Beverly that was honestly the absolute worst drink I've ever tasted in my life. I kind of refuse to believe that it's a legitimate drink, I think it's just there as a joke. Anybody know anything about it?.....

As soon as I saw this thread title I thought of that awful drink. I was there with my kids about five years ago and they still talk about it.

we also went to MLK's house. When we got out a car three away from mine had been broken into. Apparently the 'hood ain't what it used to be. I guess the change from MLK preachings about Personal Responsibility to Jesse Jackson's on Blame Whitey had a negative impact.

Mr. P
08-13-2007, 08:50 PM
And you didn't even call? Geeezzzz PUTZ!

Next trip do the Aquarium, Stone Mountain or the Cyclorama.

Angel Heart
08-13-2007, 09:53 PM
I'd want to know why they replaced real sugar for sweetened corn syrup. Coke isn't the same with the crap in it. I buy my Coke from Mexico, where they still make Coke with real sugar. It's a big difference. Granted it's $36 a case to get it and comes in only 12oz glass bottles. It's a treat to get them. When out, I do ice tea.

dan
08-14-2007, 05:51 AM
And you didn't even call? Geeezzzz PUTZ!

Next trip do the Aquarium, Stone Mountain or the Cyclorama.

I know, it was kind of a last-minute thing. I wanted to do the Aquarium, but my friends told me that if you don't get there first thing in the morning, it's a nightmare to deal with, but I don't know if I believe that, because they went the first week it was open.

we also went to MLK's house. When we got out a car three away from mine had been broken into. Apparently the 'hood ain't what it used to be. I guess the change from MLK preachings about Personal Responsibility to Jesse Jackson's on Blame Whitey had a negative impact.

Yeah, we got a little lost and the parking lot we ended up parking in, right across from Centennial Park, was definitely "ghetto" as they say. ATL's always interesting.

Mr. P
08-14-2007, 06:15 AM
I know, it was kind of a last-minute thing. I wanted to do the Aquarium, but my friends told me that if you don't get there first thing in the morning, it's a nightmare to deal with, but I don't know if I believe that, because they went the first week it was open.

Yeah, we got a little lost and the parking lot we ended up parking in, right across from Centennial Park, was definitely "ghetto" as they say. ATL's always interesting.

I stay as far away from that part of ATL as I can. Truth is, now days I stay away from ATL unless I absolutely have to go there.

dan
08-14-2007, 06:38 AM
Well, the place where the venue was was okay. It was still in the city, I'm pretty sure it was South Peachtree Street? But, yeah, the area around the World of Coke was a bit sketchy.

glockmail
08-14-2007, 07:15 AM
I'd want to know why they replaced real sugar for sweetened corn syrup. Coke isn't the same with the crap in it. I buy my Coke from Mexico, where they still make Coke with real sugar. It's a big difference. Granted it's $36 a case to get it and comes in only 12oz glass bottles. It's a treat to get them. When out, I do ice tea.
Now that's a dedicated Coke addict!

jimnyc
08-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Did ya do any lines while you were there? Would have been pretty funny to line up a few while everyone was trying their drinks and tell them the new coke you found was awesome! :)

glockmail
08-14-2007, 07:20 AM
...Mexican coke. :coffee:

jimnyc
08-14-2007, 07:21 AM
...Mexican coke. :coffee:

That's what I was thinking. If she thinks the stuff is great from Mexico, she should definitely try the stuff from Columbia! :laugh2:

dan
08-14-2007, 08:26 AM
Ha! Yeah, The World of Coke in Atlanta, that's redundant.