PDA

View Full Version : Al Franken Issues Another Apology After Two More Women Allege Groping

jimnyc
11-25-2017, 11:49 AM
They allege he has grabbed their asses as he was hugging them. And now he seems to think if he apologizes and states that he is someone who hugs people, that it makes things right. No, it doesn't dummy, it makes you look like more of a liar now!! You're not admitting to the "assault" part, the part where you go from hugging someone, to squeezing their asses!

---

Al Franken Issues Another Apology After Two More Women Allege Groping

Embattled Minnesota Democratic Senator Al Franken issued another apology on Thanksgiving afternoon, saying he would work to regain Minnesotans’ trust after two more women came forward this week with allegations he had groped them.

He defended himself in the statement, saying, “I’m a warm person; I hug people,” and that “some women” found his “greetings or embraces” inappropriate, while not admitting to the specific alleged behavior. Even the Washington Post noted in a headline: “Al Franken still hasn’t denied grabbing women.”

Franken said in his statement Thursday (http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/23/al-franken-in-thanksgiving-statement-pledges-to-regain-minnesotas-trust/):

I’ve met tens of thousands of people and taken thousands of photographs, often in crowded and chaotic situations. I’m a warm person; I hug people. I’ve learned from recent stories that in some of those encounters, I crossed a line for some women — and I know that any number is too many.

Some women have found my greetings or embraces for a hug or photo inappropriate, and I respect their feelings about that. I’ve thought a lot in recent days about how that could happen, and recognize that I need to be much more careful and sensitive in these situations.

I feel terribly that I’ve made some women feel badly and for that I am so sorry, and I want to make sure that never happens again. And let me say again to Minnesotans that I’m sorry for putting them through this and I’m committed to regaining their trust.

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/24/al-franken-issues-thanksgiving-apology-two-women-allege-groping/

Abbey Marie
11-25-2017, 06:57 PM
Buffoon.

aboutime
11-25-2017, 07:19 PM
Liberals get their instructions for HOW TO SAY YOU ARE SORRY from the DNC Talking points, and Liars manual used by the Democrat party faithfully, almost in every case.

Liberals use the word Apology as much as they say NO to making America better, and safer. They are taught to always say, and do whatever they want, with a PRE-PLANNED apology, or Sorry...ready to be fired off after the Intentionally Say things they PRETEND they didn't mean to say, OR DO... If they don't actually apologize, then they quickly refer to the standby excuse of "IT WAS SATIRE". That way, they always have a Lie....I mean cover for their words, and actions. Franken is no different. In fact. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that HE wrote all of the APOLOGY speeches on SATURDAY NITE LIVE.

Gunny
11-25-2017, 07:31 PM
They allege he has grabbed their asses as he was hugging them. And now he seems to think if he apologizes and states that he is someone who hugs people, that it makes things right. No, it doesn't dummy, it makes you look like more of a liar now!! You're not admitting to the "assault" part, the part where you go from hugging someone, to squeezing their asses!

---

Al Franken Issues Another Apology After Two More Women Allege Groping

Embattled Minnesota Democratic Senator Al Franken issued another apology on Thanksgiving afternoon, saying he would work to regain Minnesotans’ trust after two more women came forward this week with allegations he had groped them.

He defended himself in the statement, saying, “I’m a warm person; I hug people,” and that “some women” found his “greetings or embraces” inappropriate, while not admitting to the specific alleged behavior. Even the Washington Post noted in a headline: “Al Franken still hasn’t denied grabbing women.”

Franken said in his statement Thursday (http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/23/al-franken-in-thanksgiving-statement-pledges-to-regain-minnesotas-trust/):

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/24/al-franken-issues-thanksgiving-apology-two-women-allege-groping/Just EVERYTHING is wrong with this. I don't like Franken (from WAY before he became a Demo-clown) and i don't like people touching me, much less hugging me.

But an "accidental" grab of the ass is fine if the chick's hot ...:rolleyes:

Russ
11-25-2017, 07:34 PM
As a member of Saturday Night Live, Al Franken was a funny buffoon. As a member of the Senate, he's just a buffoon. And apparently in both cases, he's a sexual harasser. I understand that when Al was born, the doctor spanked his parents instead of him.

Gunny
11-25-2017, 07:53 PM
As a member of Saturday Night Live, Al Franken was a funny buffoon. As a member of the Senate, he's just a buffoon. And apparently in both cases, he's a sexual harasser. I understand that when Al was born, the doctor spanked his parents instead of him.I didn't ever think he was funny on SNL. To each his own. I DO think there is no way in Hell given his political views that an idiot like him should every hold public office, nor should anyone who voted for him be allowed to vote.

What's his claim to fame? "The Republicans are for it so I'm against it." Not a whole lot of requirement to hold the office of "puppet".

jimnyc
11-25-2017, 09:17 PM
When these stories, the initial story, about Franken broke, I defended him a little bit. I thought he was one being attacked unfairly.

I take that back! It's grown and grown with the same MO. He has "apologized", but SO lamely for "hugging" while not acknowledging the assaults that took place by grabbing all these asses.

"I'm a warm person, I hug people." :rolleyes:

---

Al Franken’s unconvincing ‘apologies’

Al Franken comes out of the world of show business, where scripts are constantly rewritten — so that’s probably why he’s just issued a fourth version of his attempt to explain sexual-harassment charges against him.

But the Minnesota senator’s still not making the kind of full-throated apology called for by the accusations against him by four different women, none of which he’s denied.

Instead, he’s embracing his inner Olaf: You know, the cute little snowman from “Frozen” who tells everyone, “I like warm hugs.”

“I’m a warm person; I hug people,” is Franken’s version of what happened when a woman says he grabbed her buttocks while taking a photo with her at the 2010 Minnesota State Fair. “Some women,” he now says, have found those hugs “inappropriate,” so he obviously needs “to be much more careful and sensitive.”

But all he’ll concede is having “made some women feel badly.” Not one of his statements admits to any intentionally bad behavior.

The first version, issued after a radio host said he kissed her without consent and groped her while she was sleeping, was to brusquely dispute her account and dismiss the photo of him in the act as just misfired humor.

He hasn’t come close to the “accountability” and “accepting responsibility” that Hillary Clinton disingenuously claimed he’s exhibited in this sordid affair.

Rest - https://nypost.com/2017/11/24/al-frankens-unconvincing-apologies/

Al Franken still hasn’t denied grabbing women

Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) has waded into the murky waters of trying to apologize for inappropriately touching women — while asserting that he didn't intentionally do anything wrong. And yet Franken hasn't denied any of the accusations against him, leaving the door open to the possibility that he is a serial groper.

In one week, reports have surfaced of four women accusing Franken*of inappropriately touching them. Three women have said that while he was campaigning or was a sitting senator, he grabbed their buttocks while they posed for photos. (The two most recent accusations came from anonymous women who shared their stories with the HuffPost in a story published Wednesday.)

In response to the past three accusations, Franken has said he didn't remember the specific events, much less his accusers. And*in an apology to his constituents on Thanksgiving, he suggested his accusers got it wrong. Here's part of*Franken's response:

“I’m a warm person; I hug people. I’ve learned from recent stories that in some of those encounters, I crossed a line for some women — and I know that any number is too many.”

If you're confused by what he's trying to say here, you're not the only one. Franken's attempt at clarifying what happened only raises more questions, the central ones being: Did he grab these women's buttocks or not? If he did, how, exactly, was it unintentional? Were the women mistaken?

Here's more of Franken's muddy attempt at a denial-apology, which he provided to the Pioneer Press and other local media outlets Thursday:

“Some women have found my greetings or embraces for a hug or photo inappropriate, and I respect their feelings about that. I’ve thought a lot in recent days about how that could happen, and recognize that I need to be much more careful and sensitive in these situations.

By contrast, his accusers left no nuance about what happened: Franken's hand clearly grabbed their buttocks, they say, when they were expecting a professional photo with a politician.

Here's Lindsay Menz, who told her story to CNN*about*posing for a photo with Franken at the Minnesota State Fair in 2010: “He put his hand full-fledged on my rear. It was wrapped tightly around my butt cheek. It wasn't around my waist. It wasn't around my hip or side. It was definitely on my butt.”

Rest - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/11/24/al-franken-still-hasnt-denied-grabbing-women/?utm_term=.a06f60d2668c