PDA

View Full Version : Northbound

NightTrain
11-29-2017, 11:30 AM
I'm sitting on a 737 waiting to taxi... we're waiting on one knucklehead to show.

Heading to Barrow, supposedly back in time for Christmas... and that didn't work out so well last year when I spent Christmas in Kodiak in a hotel snacking on stale popcorn.

Keep an eye out for Pinko Commies!

jimnyc
11-29-2017, 11:58 AM
I'm sitting on a 737 waiting to taxi... we're waiting on one knucklehead to show.

Heading to Barrow, supposedly back in time for Christmas... and that didn't work out so well last year when I spent Christmas in Kodiak in a hotel snacking on stale popcorn.

Keep an eye out for Pinko Commies!

First off, be safe my friend!!

Get us some pictures too! Not a ton anyway, gotta save bandwidth, unless of course you upload them somewhere else, in which case take a pic at every turn! :) :)

Is there any satellites left in Alaska that you haven't built? Or haven't at least worked on? I think driving around the thing I heard you most say was "I built that one there" :beer:

NightTrain
11-29-2017, 01:33 PM
Cell sites, not satellites! Big difference there, lol.

Oh yeah, there's a few I haven't had my hands on yet... but not too many.

High_Plains_Drifter
11-29-2017, 01:48 PM

Well holy cow, man... what a time to send you off to the tip of Alaska, right before Christmas. It can't wait?

Black Diamond
11-29-2017, 01:52 PM
Say hello to Santa.

jimnyc
11-29-2017, 01:53 PM

"large human cooking machines" :)

satellite shmatellite, cell hell. And...

You purposefully cooked a few rooms with these cells as well! https://i.imgur.com/YyIHAFG.gif

https://i.imgur.com/S9rfs5W.png

NightTrain
11-29-2017, 02:28 PM
Well holy cow, man... what a time to send you off to the tip of Alaska, right before Christmas. It can't wait?

Nope. Everyone on the planet is addicted to bandwidth and I'm the street-level dealer.

Say hello to Santa.

That sissy is several hundred miles south of me, outside of Fairbanks

"large human cooking machines" :)

satellite shmatellite, cell hell. And...

You purposefully cooked a few rooms with these cells as well! https://i.imgur.com/YyIHAFG.gif

https://i.imgur.com/S9rfs5W.png

Crap, I forgot that I told you about my sins...

Yeah, I'm responsible for the demise of 4 hotel microwaves and two full evacuations of hotels by setting off fire alarms.

They involved alcohol, long hours, a large potato and a microwave.

The good news is that I never got charged for any of these shenanigans!

Kathianne
11-29-2017, 03:30 PM
Nope. Everyone on the planet is addicted to bandwidth and I'm the street-level dealer.

That sissy is several hundred miles south of me, outside of Fairbanks

Crap, I forgot that I told you about my sins...

Yeah, I'm responsible for the demise of 4 hotel microwaves and two full evacuations of hotels by setting off fire alarms.

They involved alcohol, long hours, a large potato and a microwave.

The good news is that I never got charged for any of these shenanigans!

What???? No potato gun? Slacker. :laugh2:

jimnyc
11-29-2017, 04:31 PM
Holy crap!! Rick arrived at his destination, and then the hotel - and sent me this when he got to the front door of the place!! :laugh::laugh:

https://i.imgur.com/0IX24wZ.jpg

Black Diamond
11-29-2017, 05:07 PM
Yikes.

NightTrain
11-29-2017, 08:51 PM
What???? No potato gun? Slacker. :laugh2:

No, nothing malicious... I got drunk and wanted a baked potato, so I put the potato in the microwave and then got distracted arguing with someone here on DP and forgot all about the potato.

About 15 minutes later the fire alarm went off and I looked up as the microwave door was melting & sagging down and fire was violently shooting out of what was left of the potato. I had the TV going in the background so I didn't hear anything weird. It was kind of embarrassing, especially when I saw guests running down the hall in their underwear with their valuables tucked under their arms. One cute brunette was sprinting past me in a panic, and I told her "It's just a potato!" and she looked at me like I was crazy and kept sprinting, possibly faster, and I decided to keep my timely info to myself.

The front desk apologized to me for their 'defective' microwave and put a new one in my room. :thumb:

So yeah... the evacuations happened twice, and microwave killing happened 4 times in different hotels around AK. I stopped cooking food when drunk and not one microwave has been harmed since.

Kathianne
11-29-2017, 08:58 PM
No, nothing malicious... I got drunk and wanted a baked potato, so I put the potato in the microwave and then got distracted arguing with someone here on DP and forgot all about the potato.

About 15 minutes later the fire alarm went off and I looked up as the microwave door was melting & sagging down and fire was violently shooting out of what was left of the potato. I had the TV going in the background so I didn't hear anything weird. It was kind of embarrassing, especially when I saw guests running down the hall in their underwear with their valuables tucked under their arms. One cute brunette was sprinting past me in a panic, and I told her "It's just a potato!" and she looked at me like I was crazy and kept sprinting, possibly faster, and I decided to keep my timely info to myself.

The front desk apologized to me for their 'defective' microwave and put a new one in my room. :thumb:

So yeah... the evacuations happened twice, and microwave killing happened 4 times in different hotels around AK. I stopped cooking food when drunk and not one microwave has been harmed since.

OMG! :laugh: What a great story! I wasn't thinking of you being malicious, never. It just sounded too funny the way you'd originally posted the 'facts.' The real story is so much better!

Abbey Marie
11-29-2017, 11:43 PM

I sooo need to know who you were arguing with!

darin
11-30-2017, 01:49 AM
Rick you live one adventure after another. Godspeed for a prompt and safe return! :)

darin
11-30-2017, 01:51 AM
fwiw Barrow looks like...party mecca.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11042&d=1512024675

Abbey Marie
11-30-2017, 08:06 AM
One guy in Alaska, while the other is in Morocco. We have an interesting group, don't we?

:dance: