PDA

View Full Version : Matt Lauer - fired from Today show

jimnyc
11-29-2017, 11:54 AM
Oh well, adios! They say that it's perhaps more than one as well, and it was a sexual assault perhaps at the recent olympics. If so, I won't miss him.

--

NBC fires Matt Lauer for 'inappropriate sexual behavior'

Matt Lauer, a veteran journalist and co-host of the “Today” show, was terminated by NBC on Wednesday for what the network called “inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace.”

Savannah Guthrie, Lauer’s “Today” show co-host, made the announcement to viewers on the air at the top of Wednesday’s show.

“This is a sad morning here at ‘Today’ and at NBC News,” Guthrie said before reading a memo that had been sent by NBC chairman Andy Lack to staffers before the show went on the air.

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/news/nbc-fires-matt-lauer-inappropriate-sexual-behavior-122224535.html

jimnyc
11-29-2017, 12:16 PM
I'm curious to see more details about this. To happen overnight and get comments like this, something terrible must have taken place.

---

Report: Lauer Sexually Assaulted Staffer At The Olympics

After NBC fired “Today” anchor Matt Lauer for alleged sexual misconduct, some reporters are saying there is much more to the story.

According to a report by Page Six, Lauer may have sexually assaulted an employee while at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.

An NBC source told Page Six that the employee in question complained on Monday, stating, “This happened so quickly. She didn’t go to the media, she made a complaint to NBC’s human resources, and her evidence was so compelling that Matt was fired on Tuesday night. The victim says she has evidence that this has also happened to other women, but so far we don’t have evidence of that.”

Ramin Setoodeh, a writer for Variety, said that he knew of “multiple victims.”

https://i.imgur.com/4pltyTB.png

Yashar Ali declined to share more details about the allegations but tweeted on Wednesday that Lauer is “one of the worst he has seen.”

Ali claimed that multiple women have come forward privately about Lauer, but were “terrified” of doing so publicly because of the power Lauer had in media.

https://i.imgur.com/TmH2cwj.png

“Matt Lauer put the fear of god into these women,” Ali wrote. “He had relationships with reporters outside NBC that he cultivated just for this purpose. They knew that.”

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/29/report-lauer-sexually-assaulted-staffer-at-the-olympics/

Black Diamond
11-29-2017, 12:57 PM
jimnyc we may need a sexual harassment firing subforum.

pete311
11-29-2017, 03:00 PM
@jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) we may need a sexual harassment firing subforum.

Sad but true

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-29-2017, 03:04 PM
jimnyc we may need a sexual harassment firing subforum.

The monster the Dems/Libs/ Media, tried to unleash upon Trump--turned around and started feasting upon them!
Don't ya just love it when such dark and dastardly planning goes completely awry and the planners get to find out what it feels like??
I am sure this is the best CHRISTMAS PRESENT this nation is going to get, IMHO....- :dance:--- :beer: :beer: :beer: :clap: - TYR

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-29-2017, 03:08 PM
Sad but true

Wow! Somehow you managed to sling out a mere three words of criticism of your beloved fellow creatures!
I guess you somehow thinks that gives you credibility in the fairness and integrity department here.
Hint-- IT DOES NOT.......-Tyr

aboutime
11-29-2017, 03:14 PM
Did anyone happen to notice how, in only a few weeks; Known LIBERAL-DEMOCRAT Trump hating networks have been the first to finally Punish their Hypocrite Anchor people? Not like anybody wasn't expecting, or predicting NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, CNN, and PMSNBC would be the obvious ones???

More to come? YOU BET YOUR BIPPY....as Rowan & Martin used to say.

http://youtu.be/0UMr469p3Mg

darin
11-30-2017, 09:06 AM
I have to wonder - at the time of these events were the participants/victims partners in the activity and only now are deciding it was bad? It's so easy and so impossible to judge -

Man: Hey, let's have sex
Woman: I'd LOVE that.
(after) Man: That was GREAT. Thank you
Woman: mmhmm. I enjoyed it

15 years laters

Woman: You assaulted me. I felt uncomfortable! I felt pressured!
Man: Did you feel pressured before or after you laid me on my back and rode me like a bucking bronco?
Woman: There was micro-aggression and subtle implication if I didn't bang you like a drum it might affect my career!
Man: How the heck was I supposed to know you felt that way? All you said was "I'd LOVE that!" and we did it.

pete311
11-30-2017, 11:09 AM
I have to wonder - at the time of these events were the participants/victims partners in the activity and only now are deciding it was bad? It's so easy and so impossible to judge -

Stop wondering and stick to the facts. Lauer apologized and admitted it.

Black Diamond
11-30-2017, 11:52 AM
What does that have to do with what Darin said?

Black Diamond
11-30-2017, 11:54 AM

Man: Hey, let's have sex
Woman: I'd LOVE that.
(after) Man: That was GREAT. Thank you
Woman: mmhmm. I enjoyed it

15 years laters

Woman: You assaulted me. I felt uncomfortable! I felt pressured!
Man: Did you feel pressured before or after you laid me on my back and rode me like a bucking bronco?
Woman: There was micro-aggression and subtle implication if I didn't bang you like a drum it might affect my career!
Man: How the heck was I supposed to know you felt that way? All you said was "I'd LOVE that!" and we did it.
I think there is (and will be) some of this. How are we to know if it's that the celebrity Is a creep or if it's women out for their 15 minutes or just being mean ?

pete311
11-30-2017, 11:55 AM
What does that have to do with what Darin said?

It's another attempt to whitewash these actions and blame the victim.

Black Diamond
11-30-2017, 12:00 PM
It's another attempt to whitewash these actions and blame the victim.
I didn't think he singled out the Matt lauer case. I think he was talking in general ???

pete311
11-30-2017, 12:10 PM
I didn't think he singled out the Matt lauer case. I think he was talking in general ???

From what I can tell, most are admitting some wrong, so does it matter?

Black Diamond
11-30-2017, 12:22 PM
And you're certain it will continue to be the case.

darin
11-30-2017, 01:07 PM

There's nothing they can say against the power of selective memory. Would be crucified if they did anything but cower.

Black Diamond
11-30-2017, 01:08 PM
There's nothing they can say against the power of selective memory. Would be crucified if they did anything but cower.
I wondered about this too

BoogyMan
11-30-2017, 01:25 PM

Pretty easy to fall on your sword and apologize when you have been busted for an activity. The scumbag likely would never have done anything to change if the victims had never come forward.

We don't need to drain the swamp, we need to flush the political toilet!

aboutime
11-30-2017, 08:47 PM
Have all adopted the typical, liberal, DNC instruction manual used to apologize for things they say....then pretend they didn't mean to say it....while they really did mean to do what they did. It's a constantly repeated trick being used. Saying they are sorry, ashamed, and angry at themselves is nothing but BIGGER LIES, used to convince the other LIARS that it's as easy as admitting you did something...and feel sorry for yourself to make everybody feel sorry for them. BUT....IT ISN'T WORKING. There are too many LIARS out there who are being exposed as the PIECES OF SHIT...THEY REALLY ARE, AND HAVE BEEN. Protected by other liars in the Press, and Protected by Congress with 12 million dollars of PAYOFF money to keep people quiet....and forcing them to sign a NON-DISCLOSURE FORM.
It's nowhere near being OVER. Conyers is in the hospital....where he can't be confronted by the press....the Honest press.

darin
12-01-2017, 01:45 AM
I hardly advocate victim-blaming. Some women are entirely innocent in harmful sexual encounters. They are genuine victims and deserve our love and support. But that isn’t every single situation labeled “sexual harassment” or “sexual assault.” Injecting a little common sense can prevent some of these circumstances in the future, just like car alarms help prevent theft.

I have learned that shame and embarrassment are necessary tools for growth. The first time I drank alcohol, I was at a house party in front of my crush. Unaware of my limit, I downed an excessive amount of vodka and quite naturally proceeded to vomit it up, all over myself plus every square inch of the ceramic-tiled floor I stood upon.

To no one’s surprise, that crush never became my boyfriend, but on the plus side, I never drank myself into such a state ever again. Do bad. Feel bad. And never repeat. Personal responsibility is underrated.

Of course, had I waited a few years later for the birth of modern feminism, the outcome of that night might have been drastically different. I might have instead blamed the person hosting the party for allowing such debauchery in the first place. I might have hired Lisa Bloom to represent me, crying beside her on-camera that I “didn’t know that underage drinking at college parties might have negative consequences.” How could I have known?

Today, such victimhood is in hot demand. Damsel-in-distress is the new black. Feminism, a movement meant to empower women, continually presents them as weak, non-intuitive sheep, wandering into the dens of lions for friendship and guidance during the hour of feasting.

I viscerally reject this narrative. I have grown exhausted with the notion that I ought to be more understanding of every single sex-related complaint lodged by a woman, that these women fear that their careers will terminate if they do not give into sexual advances.

Let me spell this one out: if your career requires you to have sex with men, you need a new career. I will not normalize prostitution for the sake of Hollywood aspirations.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/11/29/angela-lansbury-right-women-need-take-responsibility-contribute-bad-sex-situations/

LongTermGuy
12-01-2017, 10:56 AM

https://www.glocktalk.com/attachments/lauer-jpg.367432/

aboutime
12-01-2017, 04:56 PM

So, to you petey....that makes everything okay, better, finished? Liberals always say they are sorry, or apologize instantly after they get CAUGHT for doing what they INTENDED to do in the first place. That apology is like Lauer admitting he murdered somebody, but he did it accidentally by pulling the trigger until the Clip was empty. But he's sorry, and won't do it again! LIAR LAUER LIES, LIKE LOTS OF LIBERALS.