PDA

View Full Version : North Korea's latest ICBM test

jimnyc
11-29-2017, 06:35 PM
So when is the world going to learn? When this hairdoodle maniac actually does bomb someone? Everyone has been sitting back and allowing them to more or less do as they please, while other countries wouldn't receive such treatment. The sanctions have proven time and time again that they fail with NK.

I'm not saying to nuke them, but SOMETHING needs to be done militarily speaking, somehow take this out of control regime out of power.

---

US slams North Korea missile test as Kim claims 'whole US mainland' in reach

(CNN)North Korea tested an intercontinental ballistic missile Friday that appears to have the range to hit major US cities, experts say, and prompted a fresh round of condemnation from the United States, China, Japan and South Korea.

A combination of US, South Korean and Japanese analyses of the launch from Mupyong-ni, near North Korea's border with China, shows the missile flew about 45 minutes, going 3,700 kilometers (2,300 miles) high and for a distance of 1,000 kilometers (621 miles).

If the missile were fired on a flatter, standard trajectory, it would have major US cities such as Los Angeles, Denver and Chicago well within its range, with the possible ability to reach as far as New York and Boston, according to David Wright, a missile expert at the Union of Concerned Scientists.

However, early analysis of Friday's test cannot determine how heavy a payload the missile was carrying in its warhead, Wright said. The heavier the payload, the shorter the range.

South Korea's joint chiefs of staff said they estimate the missile tested Friday is more advanced than one launched earlier this month based on the range it traveled. Experts had said that test showed Pyongyang had the ability to hit Alaska.

Rest - http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/29/asia/north-korea-intercontinental-ballistic-missile-test/index.html

North Korea Missile Launch Appears Calibrated to Avoid American Military Response

Pyongyang’s test of longest-range missile yet demonstrates advances in campaign to build weapons that can strike U.S.

SEOUL—North Korea’s latest ballistic-missile test Wednesday appeared calculated to avoid crossing red lines that could provoke military action by Washington while demonstrating an advance in the country’s campaign to build nuclear weapons capable of striking the U.S.

Pyongyang said the test of its longest-range missile yet showed it could target the entire U.S. But the latest launch wasn’t as provocative as other steps it has threatened, including firing missiles at Guam, shooting down U.S. aircraft in international airspace, or exploding a thermonuclear device over the Pacific.

Analysts weren’t ruling out such actions down the road. But for now, close observers of the regime say the test of what Pyongyang described as a new Hwasong-15 missile with a “super-large heavy warhead” was calibrated to demonstrate North Korea’s status as a nuclear-weapons state without following through on more extreme threats that could lead to war.

Rest - https://www.wsj.com/articles/north-korea-missile-launch-appears-calibrated-to-avoid-american-military-response-1511957049

China expresses "grave concern" over North Korean missile test

BEIJING (Reuters) - China expressed "grave concern" on Wednesday after North Korea fired what appeared to be an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) that landed close to Japan.

China hopes all parties act cautiously to preserve peace and stability, foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang told a regular news briefing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-expresses-grave-concern-over-north-korean-missile-073154381.html

The Latest: Haley: NKorean missile ‘brings us closer to war'

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — The Latest on global response to North Korea’s latest missile launch (all times local):

8 a.m. Thursday

U.S. Ambassador Nikki Haley says North Korea’s ballistic missile launch “brings us closer to war” that the U.S. doesn’t seek.

She told an emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council on Wednesday that if war comes as a result of further acts of “aggression” like the latest launch “make no mistake the North Korean regime will be utterly destroyed.”

Haley says the Trump administration warned North Korea that its future is in the hands of its leaders and the choice was theirs.

With Tuesday’s launch, she said, Kim Jong Un’s regime made a choice — “and with this choice comes a critical choice for the rest of the world.”

She called on all countries to cut all ties to North Korea.

https://www.apnews.com/8aa35fff0ec04c1eb783b24fe53dda6d/The-Latest:-Haley:-NKorean-missile-'brings-us-closer-to-war'

hjmick
11-29-2017, 07:02 PM
More sanctions, that's our response. What's left? The people of North Korea eat tree bark with toe jam spread for shit's sake. Are we hoping the people will rise up? they don't have the strength.

Right now Trump and Un are playing chicken and Un is winning...

Kathianne
11-29-2017, 07:15 PM
More sanctions, that's our response. What's left? The people of North Korea eat tree bark with toe jam spread for shit's sake. Are we hoping the people will rise up? they don't have the strength.

Right now Trump and Un are playing chicken and Un is winning...

Did you see the video of the NK soldier running to the South? He was shot a couple or three times. In surgery they found his intestines were riddled with parasites. The soldiers are much better fed than the gen pop.

Trump has the 'crazy' guy thing down verbally, without a doubt. It's different, though along the lines of a Reagan or Nixon-just never sure of what he'll say or do. Problem with NK is their leader is truly crazy and not just verbally.

Drummond
11-29-2017, 07:25 PM
Did you see the video of the NK soldier running to the South? He was shot a couple or three times. In surgery they found his intestines were riddled with parasites. The soldiers are much better fed than the gen pop.

Trump has the 'crazy' guy thing down verbally, without a doubt. It's different, though along the lines of a Reagan or Nixon-just never sure of what he'll say or do. Problem with NK is their leader is truly crazy and not just verbally.

I'm struggling to discern any hint of 'craziness' in what Trump has had to say on the subject of North Korea. In fact, he says what needs to be said.

Trump isn't diplomatic with those who don't deserve that effort at diplomacy. Who, here, thinks that the North Korean regime deserves any diplomatic 'niceties' ?

It's been the case that being restrained and cautious has led to .. what ? That rogue regime just continuing to refine its weapons capabilities !! It'll carry on happening, in such a climate.

Trump understands that this sort of ludicrous situation can't continue indefinitely. The truth of this makes him FAR BETTER than his 'wait and see, & let's twiddle our thumbs a bit' predecessors.

hjmick
11-29-2017, 07:55 PM

Yeah, I saw the escape. Desperate times and all that...

You think Trump has a crazy guy thing? Strikes me as more like a "I don't know what to do or say so I'll go with 'We're going to take care of it, believe me... biggly... it'll be wonderful... General, do you want to say some words?... More funding for the military... I don't know why... More sanctions...' is it the weekend yet? I need to golf at one of my resorts..." kind of thing.

aboutime
11-29-2017, 08:17 PM
What would you do? If you were in a position to talk with the President now; what would you tell him to do? What would you recommend he do as payback, or ordering a military response to the Little Rocket Man?

If you honestly think about it. How would you feel if you were in anyone's shoes, talking to the President, and making suggestions?
We can all Monday Morning Quarterback...because WE don't have to take responsibility for what is happening around the world.
So....put yourself in that position for a moment, and then DECIDE what Trump should really do.
NOT AS EASY AS IT SOUNDS....IS IT?

Personally. Based on my limited war fighting experience on navy ships. It's easy for me to simply suggest that We Use AN Air Force 747 with that LASER that can take out targets from over 300 miles away. And it makes DUST of everything.

LongTermGuy
11-29-2017, 08:49 PM
I'm struggling to discern any hint of 'craziness' in what Trump has had to say on the subject of North Korea. In fact, he says what needs to be said.

Trump isn't diplomatic with those who don't deserve that effort at diplomacy. Who, here, thinks that the North Korean regime deserves any diplomatic 'niceties' ?

It's been the case that being restrained and cautious has led to .. what ? That rogue regime just continuing to refine its weapons capabilities !! It'll carry on happening, in such a climate.

Trump understands that this sort of ludicrous situation can't continue indefinitely. The truth of this makes him FAR BETTER than his 'wait and see, & let's twiddle our thumbs a bit' predecessors.

You are correct...Dont worry about the smear the Never Trumpers use daily...they are more desperate than the Leftist. .to make Trump look bad....and like Liberals they have no understanding of what Trump is doing and why...

Trump is playing it by the book because he understands Leftist and Never Trumpers by continuing to play it the smart way....>>sanctions....

...So when the times comes and it will Trump can say he gave North Korea every Chance......Hell is coming for North Korea and deservingly so.... It will start by Trump destroying NK military Rocket sites....then North korea will respond by shooting indiscriminately at south Korea.....Then Trump will finish NK....

Better Them than us...**Remember we gave them every chance>> (Remember Sanctions) and talking......Now here is the good part...**The stinking Never Trumpers and Leftist will start crying about collateral damage....as always looking for anything to smear Trump....They complain when we talk and do more Sanctions...and they will complain when we finally Hit North Korea..

Bottom line...Trump knows exactly what he is doing.....Maybe its time for the Never Trumpers to start screaming at the sky......:laugh: The filthy Leftist and Never Trumpers will NEVER be happy...like little bitches....

Life is Good and God bless Trump!:salute:

aboutime
11-29-2017, 09:07 PM
We should all be ever, so thankful that Obama is no longer in charge of the Liberal, ACORN squads that allowed ISIS to become as strong as Little Rocket Man.

In fact. To insult the Never Trumpers, Snowflakes, Liberal Wussies, and the P.C. junkies who demand a safe space with their Safety Pin Stupidity......

I SAY.....THANK "GOD" For Donald Trump!

pete311
11-30-2017, 07:43 AM

This is exactly what he's doing and likely for good reason. No one wants to start WW3. NK doesn't want to fight the US. They just want us out of south korea.

jimnyc
11-30-2017, 03:37 PM
There's only so much that can be done "instantly". If he truly was crazy, Trump, then he would have sent of a nuke, or retaliated somehow with missiles. He's doing the appropriate thing, which he stated he would always do, which is to listen to the generals in charge - and not not announce to the world a date and time for any plans we may have.

I'm sure there will be more tough sanctions on the way. As they get and continue to be more aggressive, the more the world watches and will eventually support any action from anyone. I think Japan is seeing more than they wish to see. I think China is growing more and more tired of supporting them and getting nowhere.

Eventually, what I think happens, is you see strategic fighter jets and/or fully loaded drones come in the middle of the night with a shitload list of targets to take them back a few decades. Take out their military installations and/or known places for shooting off their missiles. Any known vehicles for moving and sending off missiles. Communications... Airports/Runways... And if something happens to hit fat man, that much better.

pete311
11-30-2017, 03:55 PM
Eventually, what I think happens, is you see strategic fighter jets and/or fully loaded drones come in the middle of the night with a shitload list of targets to take them back a few decades. Take out their military installations and/or known places for shooting off their missiles. Any known vehicles for moving and sending off missiles. Communications... Airports/Runways... And if something happens to hit fat man, that much better.

Would that really be a surprise? You need carriers and bases for all that stuff. I'm sure China would detect and tip them off. Huge risk to South Korea.

Gunny
11-30-2017, 03:58 PM
This is exactly what he's doing and likely for good reason. No one wants to start WW3. NK doesn't want to fight the US. They just want us out of south korea.Not even close, Pete. That's their excuse. What they want is South Korea. At least they think they do. I doubt they actually even know what they want except to be a pain in the ass.

Un wants to be considered a "big boy, player on the world stage". He wants the world and specifically the US, to pay for his fucked up country. He doesn't want to work for it. He thinks it's his by divine Right and we should just give it to him.

North Korea doesn't have a purpose for existing without an enemy.

The whole problem exist because FDR then Truman insisted Stalin open an Easter front against Japan. Stalin's half-ass attempt netted him half the Korean peninsula. That was just brilliant on the part of FDR and Truman. The war with German was over and we didn't need Russia's help. Korea would be a united Korea as a democracy.

jimnyc
11-30-2017, 04:02 PM
Would that really be a surprise? You need carriers and bases for all that stuff. I'm sure China would detect and tip them off. Huge risk to South Korea.

There's going to be risk no matter what. I'm more concerned about the risk of what happens if they continue and continue to be left unchecked and continue testing and talking about how they can hit various areas of the US mainland.

By the time China would know, they may even know themselves, but it may be too late of they are under full out assault.

They KNOW that it's a risk, and that's why they keep shooting tests off and shouting threats and what not, as they know the likelihood of a response is low.

But I think everyone knows it can't go on forever. Perhaps they step over the line and actually hit something of value. Perhaps they make a mistake and something falls short - in Japan. Perhaps more and more sanctions will do enough harm for something to happen.

I think with our carriers there, I think if we don't see something happen, and they make another mistake, it's almost to the point that something MUST be done.

pete311
11-30-2017, 04:02 PM
Not even close, Pete. That's their excuse. What they want is South Korea. At least they think they do. I doubt they actually even know what they want except to be a pain in the ass.

Un wants to be considered a "big boy, player on the world stage". He wants the world and specifically the US, to pay for his fucked up country. He doesn't want to work for it. He thinks it's his by divine Right and we should just give it to him.

North Korea doesn't have a purpose for existing without an enemy.

The whole problem exist because FDR then Truman insisted Stalin open an Easter front against Japan. Stalin's half-ass attempt netted him half the Korean peninsula. That was just brilliant on the part of FDR and Truman. The war with German was over and we didn't need Russia's help. Korea would be a united Korea as a democracy.

Yeah and how do you get South Korea? With us out the country. They can't attack South Korea as long as US troops are there. So... I guess I am close.

Kathianne
11-30-2017, 04:06 PM
There's only so much that can be done "instantly". If he truly was crazy, Trump, then he would have sent of a nuke, or retaliated somehow with missiles. He's doing the appropriate thing, which he stated he would always do, which is to listen to the generals in charge - and not not announce to the world a date and time for any plans we may have.

I'm sure there will be more tough sanctions on the way. As they get and continue to be more aggressive, the more the world watches and will eventually support any action from anyone. I think Japan is seeing more than they wish to see. I think China is growing more and more tired of supporting them and getting nowhere.

I've pretty much have abstained from responding, but do think you should read that I never said, "Trump was/is crazy." Actually, it was meant more as a compliment regarding how he's handled NK at least until now.

Gunny
11-30-2017, 04:10 PM
Yeah and how do you get South Korea? With us out the country. They can't attack South Korea as long as US troops are there. So... I guess I am close.Try to follow me, Pete. You get US out of the country by getting people like you to say "all N Korea wants is us out of the country" with no consideration given to why, or you're willing to buy the nationalist, unification BS. We're the bad guys, no matter what. Right?

Even if N Korea DID occupy S Korea, it's full of S Koreans for one thing. What about THEM? And it wouldn't change Un's long-term stupidity. He's STILL just as isolated by miles of ocean. And I GUARANTEE you if he wants a fight, Japan will give him one. THEY are the ones Un needs to worry about. Not us. Japs HATE Koreans. Period. They consider them mongrels. They won't give Un a damned thing.

pete311
11-30-2017, 04:14 PM
Try to follow me, Pete. You get US out of the country by getting people like you to say "all N Korea wants is us out of the country" with no consideration given to why, or you're willing to buy the nationalist, unification BS. We're the bad guys, no matter what. Right?

Even if N Korea DID occupy S Korea, it's full of S Koreans for one thing. What about THEM? And it wouldn't change Un's long-term stupidity. He's STILL just as isolated by miles of ocean. And I GUARANTEE you if he wants a fight, Japan will give him one. THEY are the ones Un needs to worry about. Not us. Japs HATE Koreans. Period. They consider them mongrels. They won't give Un a damned thing.

Yes the sabre rattling is to get us out of the country. Once they have a nuke that can hit us it forces us to negotiate a withdraw. That is their thinking. I was listening to an NPR special where an expert was saying there is a surprising amount of south koreans that want unification and have some sympathy for the north koreans. I'm not saying they lay down. I'm saying it's much more complicated than anyone here seems to think.

jimnyc
11-30-2017, 04:15 PM
I've pretty much have abstained from responding, but do think you should read that I never said, "Trump was/is crazy." Actually, it was meant more as a compliment regarding how he's handled NK at least until now.

No no no no woman! I wasn't pointing or referring to you. :) :)

I just know folks almost all agree that the little chubby guy is nutty, and some folks out there are comparing the 'matchup' between him and Trump, claiming Trump is crazy too. Then I went down and did see the word crazy in this thread, but certainly wasn't responding to you or debating any of your words!! In fact, I think your post was spot on. :)

I should have also addressed the part of what you posted about the defecting soldier, and the nastiness they found inside him. I had read elsewhere that the reason is that they have North Koreans use their own feces and what not for fertilizer, which is causing so many to have intestinal issues. :puke:

I wish in a case like this that we did have someone crazy in charge. I think you know my stance on NK. I'd happily drop the big one on them and not think twice. But I also wouldn't mind seeing a strategic attack of sorts.

Gunny
11-30-2017, 04:20 PM
Yes the sabre rattling is to get us out of the country. Once they have a nuke that can hit us it forces us to negotiate a withdraw. That is their thinking. I was listening to an NPR special where an expert was saying there is a surprising amount of south koreans that want unification and have some sympathy for the north koreans. I'm not saying they lay down. I'm saying it's much more complicated than anyone here seems to think.There's been a movement for Korean unification for decades. Started about the time those people who didn't remember the war came of age. Bet your ass they don't want unification under N Korea's terms. If they want to actually live in the north, nothing is stopping them but air and opportunity.

A little remembered and/or mentioned fact is the force protecting S Korea is a UN force. We just carry the load as usual, and as we did during the war.

Un will not get concessions out of Trump, much less a withdrawal. Trump needs to ignore the fat little tard.

Drummond
11-30-2017, 07:16 PM
This is exactly what he's doing and likely for good reason. No one wants to start WW3. NK doesn't want to fight the US. They just want us out of south korea.

Seriously, Pete, where are you going with this ?

Are you actually trying to make a 'The US is to blame for having a presence in S Korea' case, in order to argue that, in the face of North Korea's nuclear aggression, the best thing the US can do is to leave the South, meekly, having given in to pressure which you say the North is trying to bring to bear ?

So, you want a minor league nuclear power to force appeasement out of the US ? This will do WHAT good for the US's image, worldwide (and it won't do the S Koreans any favours, either !!!) ? What other tinpot dictatorships would then think that the US was so weak, it could expect a buckling to them .. ?

I daresay that the Left enjoys weakening the US on the world stage.

My thinking ... time is dragging on. What's needed is a concerted effort from the US to make the world community abundantly aware of just how out of control North Korea is, how irresponsible they're being, how much of a threat to world peace they're posing. Then ... though, ideally, not one of us should WANT such an outcome ... a full attack on North Korea, to neutralise it as a threat, NEEDS to take place.

The more time drags on, so the greater the threat those maniacs pose for world security. You, and others like you, need to fully grasp that reality. Wait a year, twiddle some thumbs instead of acting, and you WILL find this all getting worse and worse. It's only a matter of time before, IF UNCHECKED, they build an efficient capability to reliably target and take out American cities with nuclear weapons.

You, and Lefties like you, badly need a reality check. North Korea's militaristic aggression needs to be stopped. It isn't stopping on its own. Therefore, action is mandated. Before it's too late.

Black Diamond
11-30-2017, 07:26 PM
People in hell want ice water

aboutime
11-30-2017, 08:17 PM
Gotta admire the way petey pretends to know what the Little Fat Rocket Man really wants. Almost sounds like petey could be a paid, propaganda guy for the little Fart too!

Tell us where you get your expertise in foreign affairs petey. But first. Tell us all of your military experience by showing us your REDACTED "DD-214".