PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi Calls on Conyers to Resign

jimnyc
11-30-2017, 03:51 PM
If all the evidence is credible and provable and factual, then he should in fact resign.

---

Pelosi Calls on Conyers to Resign

Thursday at her weekly press briefing Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) called on Rep. John Conyers (D-MI) to resign as he is facing several allegations of sexual misconduct.

Pelosi said, “The allegations against Congressman Conyers, as we have learned more since Sunday, are serious, disappointing, and very credible. It’s very sad. The brave women who came forward are owed justice. I pray for Congressman Conyers and his family and wish them well. However, Congressman Conyers should resign.”

She continued, “As dean, Congressman Conyers has served our Congress for more than five decades and shaped some of the most consequential legislation of the last half-century. However, zero tolerance means consequences. For everyone, no matter how great the legacy, it is no license to harass or discriminate. In fact, it makes it even more disappointing.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/11/30/pelosi-calls-conyers-resign/

Leading from Behind: Paul Ryan Follows Nancy Pelosi’s Call for John Conyers’ Resignation

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) followed House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s leadership on Thursday, calling on Rep. John Conyers (D-WI) to resign for his sexual assault allegations after Pelosi urged the Michigan congressman to step aside.

Minority Leader Pelosi said on Thursday, “The allegations against Congressman Conyers, as we have learned more since Sunday, are serious, disappointing, and very credible. It’s very sad. The brave women who came forward are owed justice. I pray for Congressman Conyers and his family and wish them well. However, Congressman Conyers should resign.”

Nancy Pelosi held her press conference before Speaker Ryan’s and Ryan only called for Conyers to resign after reporters asked Ryan about Conyers’ multiple allegations of sexual assault.

Ryan told reporters, “Yes, I think he should resign and he should resign immediately.”

Multiple women accused Conyers of sexual harassment, and while the Michigan Democrat continues to deny any wrongdoing, he admitted to a $27,000 settlement with a former congressional staffer in 2015.

Conyers left Washington, DC, on Tuesday after a meeting with the Congressional Black Caucus, where they discussed his future in Congress.

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/30/leading-behind-paul-ryan-follows-nancy-pelosi-call-john-conyers-resignation/

pete311
11-30-2017, 03:52 PM
Conyers being a little bitch. Needs to step down.

jimnyc
11-30-2017, 03:55 PM
Conyers being a little bitch. Needs to step down.

I honestly haven't read into the details of all the accusations against him. Did you? Are they in fact provable? As in "facts"? If it's something that can be backed up, then "adios"! as I've stated about others, politically and hollywood fuckos.

pete311
11-30-2017, 04:01 PM
I honestly haven't read into the details of all the accusations against him. Did you? Are they in fact provable? As in "facts"? If it's something that can be backed up, then "adios"! as I've stated about others, politically and hollywood fuckos.

There's hardly ever proof. It's a matter of credibility.

Gunny
11-30-2017, 04:02 PM
I honestly haven't read into the details of all the accusations against him. Did you? Are they in fact provable? As in "facts"? If it's something that can be backed up, then "adios"! as I've stated about others, politically and hollywood fuckos.I haven't read them all, but I'd guess for Pelosi to actually bite the bullet they are legit. Someone must have reeled her in with no wiggle room or she'd still be stammering her hypocrisies/self-contradicting statements to the media.

jimnyc
11-30-2017, 04:08 PM
There's hardly ever proof. It's a matter of credibility.

Depends. Look at Matt Lauer, there was proof, hence him being 86'd so quickly. There was TONS of hard facts about Harvey Weinstein. Affleck was busted on film. Andy Dick licked women and groped them - on film. No proof needed with Louis C.K. as he quickly admitted to accusations against him. Al Franken - picture proof.

And then yes, many have been very old accusations with zilch for proof. Some somewhat more recent, and just word against word.

But that's why I asked, as I really didn't go do much research on his case.

jimnyc
11-30-2017, 04:09 PM
I haven't read them all, but I'd guess for Pelosi to actually bite the bullet they are legit. Someone must have reeled her in with no wiggle room or she'd still be stammering her hypocrisies/self-contradicting statements to the media.

That's what I'm thinking, as her tune changed a bit. I'm thinking something came up, something that can't be denied, hence the resignation request.

Gunny
11-30-2017, 04:15 PM
Depends. Look at Matt Lauer, there was proof, hence him being 86'd so quickly. There was TONS of hard facts about Harvey Weinstein. Affleck was busted on film. Andy Dick licked women and groped them - on film. No proof needed with Louis C.K. as he quickly admitted to accusations against him. Al Franken - picture proof.

And then yes, many have been very old accusations with zilch for proof. Some somewhat more recent, and just word against word.

But that's why I asked, as I really didn't go do much research on his case.I meant to comment on this one thing ... WHO, that considers themselves as observant as a second-grader, is surprised about Andy Dick? His name is Dick. He IS a Dick. He's been a vile, tasteless niche comedian for people who like jr hi locker room humor. He's always trying to out-disgust his previous disgusting act.

He licked and groped women? Probably one of his less busy days.

jimnyc
11-30-2017, 04:16 PM
I meant to comment on this one thing ... WHO, that considers themselves as observant as a second-grader, is surprised about Andy Dick? His name is Dick. He IS a Dick. He's been a vile, tasteless niche comedian for people who like jr hi locker room humor. He's always trying to out-disgust his previous disgusting act.

He licked and groped women? Probably one of his less busy days.

He's disgusting, and he admits it. He claims it's just his way of hitting on women as he's lonely. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
11-30-2017, 04:20 PM
John Conyers Refuses Calls For His Resignation Over Sexual Misconduct

Michigan Rep. John Conyers remained defiant on Thursday after House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi called on him to resign over allegations of sexual misconduct.

“It is not up to Nancy Pelosi. Nancy Pelosi did not elect [Conyers] and she sure as hell won’t be the one to tell the congressman to leave,” Conyers attorney Arnold Reed said at a press conference in Detroit, where the 88-year-old lawmaker lives.

“That decision will be completely up to the congressman. He has not thought about that. He is thinking about his health. He is thinking about getting well,” added Reed, who said that Conyers was in a hospital receiving treatment for a “stress-related illness.”

Earlier in the day, Pelosi called on Conyers to resign after several former staffers came forward to accuse him of sexual harassment and other misconduct.

“Well, the allegations against Congressman Conyers, as we have learned more since Sunday, are serious, disappointing and very credible. It’s very sad,” Pelosi told reporters. “The brave women who have come forward are owed justice. I pray for Congressman Conyers and his family and wish them well. However, Congressman Conyers should resign.”

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/30/john-conyers-refuses-calls-for-his-resignation-over-sexual-misconduct/

Gunny
11-30-2017, 04:41 PM
John Conyers Refuses Calls For His Resignation Over Sexual Misconduct

Michigan Rep. John Conyers remained defiant on Thursday after House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi called on him to resign over allegations of sexual misconduct.

“It is not up to Nancy Pelosi. Nancy Pelosi did not elect [Conyers] and she sure as hell won’t be the one to tell the congressman to leave,” Conyers attorney Arnold Reed said at a press conference in Detroit, where the 88-year-old lawmaker lives.

“That decision will be completely up to the congressman. He has not thought about that. He is thinking about his health. He is thinking about getting well,” added Reed, who said that Conyers was in a hospital receiving treatment for a “stress-related illness.”

Earlier in the day, Pelosi called on Conyers to resign after several former staffers came forward to accuse him of sexual harassment and other misconduct.

“Well, the allegations against Congressman Conyers, as we have learned more since Sunday, are serious, disappointing and very credible. It’s very sad,” Pelosi told reporters. “The brave women who have come forward are owed justice. I pray for Congressman Conyers and his family and wish them well. However, Congressman Conyers should resign.”

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/30/john-conyers-refuses-calls-for-his-resignation-over-sexual-misconduct/Democrats NEVER resign. That rule applies only to Republicans. They don't care WHAT they get caught doing. Remember the Dem that got busted with freezer load of cash in Louisiana? The Dems voted for a PROVEN criminal for President.

They there's Schumer himself" Dems will not vote for tax overhaul because we're Dems. Won't even look at the plan. Real professional. Stuart Smally isn't stepping down either. Rules don't apply to Democrats.

Kathianne
11-30-2017, 04:56 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I think the facts seem to indicate that men that ARE pigs are not contained to one side of the political spectrum. Just perhaps, arrogant, narcissistic people really aren't influenced by 'morals' or 'political correctness.' I think that those calling for 'proof' and denigrating the women for 'waiting so long,' also come from both sides and are only for holding their 'enemies' to account.

Gunny
11-30-2017, 05:00 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I think the facts seem to indicate that men that ARE pigs are not contained to one side of the political spectrum. Just perhaps, arrogant, narcissistic people really aren't influenced by 'morals' or 'political correctness.' I think that those calling for 'proof' and denigrating the women for 'waiting so long,' also come from both sides and are only for holding their 'enemies' to account.I agree if you add to the argument there are also women making accusations just to get something out of the deal. Nobody's silent for years then suddenly come out in droves in the numbers of accusations we're seeing.

Men being pigs is biological. Happens WAY before politics. Women calling men pigs is as well ;)

Kathianne
11-30-2017, 05:41 PM
I agree if you add to the argument there are also women making accusations just to get something out of the deal. Nobody's silent for years then suddenly come out in droves in the numbers of accusations we're seeing.

Men being pigs is biological. Happens WAY before politics. Women calling men pigs is as well ;)

Totally disagree about men and biology. I think you are conflating actual actions which may pass through as thoughts. We all have fleeting or even 'not fleeting' thoughts we do not act upon, especially when illegal/immoral.

Flirting is not assault. If someone doesn't appreciate the flirting and someone persists, that's rude. I'd get away from them. If flirting turns raunchy? Again I'd move away. That's not harassment, at least not how I see it. Women and men can be on either side of these encounters.

During college I dated 3 professors, only one while being in his classes. That ended up when I started to move into graduate level courses, as the dating started in my first year. While in classroom it was not a balanced relationship, neither of us had a problem. Even though I met my future husband, (talk about wrong turns), while still dating and having his class, we ended up breaking off the relationship because of my wanting to date someone else. Still all was fine. No retaliation, no worries about my grades or his evaluations from me.

In the cases coming to the forefront now, we're talking about men that implicitly or explicitly were using their positions to intimidate their victims into silence. Look at Clinton and Juanita Broaddrick and the price she paid.

Are some of these women lying? Wouldn't surprise me, but think for the most part they are coming 'out' because braver ones did first. Without a doubt the dam broke with Weinstein.

pete311
11-30-2017, 05:42 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I think the facts seem to indicate that men that ARE pigs are not contained to one side of the political spectrum. Just perhaps, arrogant, narcissistic people really aren't influenced by 'morals' or 'political correctness.' I think that those calling for 'proof' and denigrating the women for 'waiting so long,' also come from both sides and are only for holding their 'enemies' to account.

It's not that women can't be pigs. It's a power issue. It's still a man's world.

Kathianne
11-30-2017, 05:44 PM
It's not that women can't be pigs. It's a power issue. It's still a man's world.

I really don't have a doubt there are women in power doing the same type of crap we're hearing about now with men. No doubt. I feel the same about 'domestic violence,' I'm against it, but it's not just men that commit it. Men way underreport due to embarrassment at being victimized by a woman. Same in the work arena.

Gunny
11-30-2017, 05:55 PM
Totally disagree about men and biology. I think you are conflating actual actions which may pass through as thoughts. We all have fleeting or even 'not fleeting' thoughts we do not act upon, especially when illegal/immoral.

Flirting is not assault. If someone doesn't appreciate the flirting and someone persists, that's rude. I'd get away from them. If flirting turns raunchy? Again I'd move away. That's not harassment, at least not how I see it. Women and men can be on either side of these encounters.

During college I dated 3 professors, only one while being in his classes. That ended up when I started to move into graduate level courses, as the dating started in my first year. While in classroom it was not a balanced relationship, neither of us had a problem. Even though I met my future husband, (talk about wrong turns), while still dating and having his class, we ended up breaking off the relationship because of my wanting to date someone else. Still all was fine. No retaliation, no worries about my grades or his evaluations from me.

In the cases coming to the forefront now, we're talking about men that implicitly or explicitly were using their positions to intimidate their victims into silence. Look at Clinton and Juanita Broaddrick and the price she paid.

Are some of these women lying? Wouldn't surprise me, but think for the most part they are coming 'out' because braver ones did first. Without a doubt the dam broke with Weinstein.The biology thing was teasing. In the cases coming up now, the men are ALLEGED to have done something. If they're guilty, they should pay. At the same time, if they are innocent, they should not. I pretty much define "harassment" as you do but I'm hearing a MUCH lower standard in some of these accusations. And piggybackers for a buck are ever-present in society now.

My jaundiced POV came not from women so much as when the practice became more and more common starting with Michael Jackson. Personally I think he was innocent and liked his monkey :laugh:. Seems to me that if you have power and or especially money you're more and more a target nowadays.

Gunny
11-30-2017, 05:58 PM
Speaking of opportunistic women, you PURPOSEFULLY started an argument when the grandkids will come crashing through the door at any minute :laugh:

Black Diamond
11-30-2017, 06:14 PM
Has anyone seen the movie disclosure ?

Kathianne
11-30-2017, 08:06 PM
Speaking of opportunistic women, you PURPOSEFULLY started an argument when the grandkids will come crashing through the door at any minute :laugh:

I'm nice like that! There are certainly women that are opportunistic, same as men. Some people are. Some people are bullies too. Some go beyond to assaults. I'm all for due process and was/am disgusted with this #metoo nonsense.

When I was in 6th grade, one of the boys on my brother's little league team grabbed my boob. My brother beat him up. LOL! When HE, not I, told my dad, he went over and threatened to beat the kid and dad up and go to the police. Took awhile to calm him down. I just wanted the kid not to do it again and say, "Sorry." LOL!