PDA

View Full Version : Toxic Masculinity is not the issue - LACK of masculinity is the problem

darin
12-01-2017, 02:05 AM
Very well said

http://thefederalist.com/2017/11/30/sex-assault-claims-dont-prove-male-toxicity-absence-masculinity/

But these cases are feeding a certain ideological agenda: that masculinity as such is to blame.

Revelations about the comedian Louis C.K. are described as a warning about “toxic masculinity,” and a whole article on him in The Daily Beast is categorized under the heading “Toxic Masculinity.” Sally Kohn declares that “We Need ‘Extreme Vetting’ for Toxic Masculinity.”

It’s important to understand that the common denominator in the allegations about Louis C.K., Roy Moore, Spacey, and Weinstein (who has denied the allegations) and all the other Hollywood and media and political figures accused of sexual assault and sexual harassment isn’t sexuality, or even sex, but toxic masculinity.

“Toxic masculinity” is supposedly only one kind of masculinity, the bad kind, but we can readily suspect that what they have in mind is masculinity as such. Sally Kohn, for example, sees “toxic masculinity” in “cultural norms that, for example, tell men to be tough,” a description so vague it is likely to rope in everyone this side of Pajama Boy.

So we see some poor guy in the New York Times limp forward for the ritual self-flagellation of telling us that the problem is “the nature of men in general” and specifically “the often ugly and dangerous nature of the male libido” which requires “strenuous repression.” I always suspected the cultural left would circle back to Puritanism in the end. What strikes me about most of the allegations so far, however, is how unmasculine the men are. If there is a crisis of masculinity here, the crisis is its absence.
Controlling Others Is a Confession of Inadequacy

The signature story to emerge from the accusations of sexual misconduct—it pops up with Weinstein, Mark Halperin, Louis C.K., and others—is men forcing women to watch them masturbate. I hadn’t heard of this practice before, but apparently it’s a top item in the sexual predator’s playlist. Yet how can anything so pathetic be described as “masculinity”?

Sexual assault, the act of a man imposing himself on an unwilling woman, is always a confession of some kind of inadequacy. The attacker implicitly assumes that no woman would be sexually interested in him if she had any choice in the matter. This is actually the not-so-subtle theme of the pick-up artist types, a sleazy manchild subculture that starts from the premise that these guys can’t get any woman in her right mind to sleep with them, so instead they have to practice techniques to deceive and manipulate women. It’s a sliding scale from there to our latest crop of leering assaulters. All of it starts with the kind of man who is unable to achieve gratification in a substantial relationship with an adult woman who accepts him by choice.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-01-2017, 09:44 AM
Very well said

http://thefederalist.com/2017/11/30/sex-assault-claims-dont-prove-male-toxicity-absence-masculinity/

Sex and love, if one has to buy it, lie to get it or force it--then they are by no means a man..
A true man would never dishonor himself by doing such.
The problem today, is that men--male children are not being taught about manhood, about true courage
and -that liberal hated word --HONOR
AS TRULY DISHONORABLE, COWARDLY VERMIN--TODAY'S DEMS/LIBS HATE THAT WORD AND ALL IT STANDS FOR.

A true man, seeks a true and faithful partner that will happily share love, life and family with him --not some slave or a downgraded and beaten female to force his sexual urges upon.
Those men that are guilty of this are worthless scum and now the dem/libs seek to use them to paint all men.
Sure seems to me, that most of the ones now charged are mostly famous/wealthy dems/libs and the usual lot of elitist morons
that have spent many decades crying out how they have championed women causes..

Now we have articles like this trying to paint all men -and include Christians/Conservatives in, because as it now stands, the guilty are primarily liberal and democrat vermin.

Were the opposite true , and they were primarily Republican /conservatives/christian --that would be blast 24/7 non-stop and used to destroy the Republican party for decades to come.
We see how this new tactic is to paint all men as being guilty-- which since the mere accusation is ---now --considered ----proof of guilt,
the DEM/LIB vermin and media rush out with this new tactic to provide cover or these dem/libs by way of including all other men as being guilty ..

The guilt lies in liberalism, its devotion to the evil and the depraved ...
This current monster unleashed has turned upon its on-- and now they seek ways to limit the damage.
Their shock is that the monster turned to eat the true and huge guilty party and its huge number of predators operating for many, many, decades with impunity.

To counter this new tact, this new emerging strategy, we need to point out who these sexual deviant predators truly are and what party they primarily represent.
Which would have already been done massively and without end-- had it been those on the right side of the political spectrum as the majority of the sexual predators...

While we attempt to reverse this guilt presumed crap.
Guilt has to be proven--not immediately accepted as reality.
With such vermin usually a long history and a great many multiple victims exist .
And that reality is why so many of the accused have tried to admit limited guilt, apologize and hope to skate by. -Tyr

Gunny
12-01-2017, 08:25 PM
I don't even need to read it and I agree based on the thread title alone.

pete311
12-01-2017, 08:30 PM
I don't even need to read it and I agree based on the thread title alone.

Then you're likely taking it the wrong way

Gunny
12-01-2017, 09:16 PM
Then you're likely taking it the wrong wayDoubtful. But hey, at least I haven't been run off a sand dune by a paintball gun :slap: Matter of fact, I haven't ever been run off one at all.

tailfins
12-01-2017, 11:33 PM
Very well said

This "extreme vetting" can be matched with "extreme lawsuits". I'm so thankful that the USA prohibits "discrimination based on" a list of characteristics. Other countries prohibit contributing to a hostile environment against a "protected class". This means that in countries like Canada, women are protected but not men. Here in the USA creating a hostile environment based on gender is prohibited by law. That means that creating a hostile environment against men is illegal. It also means that creating "women only" training sessions without providing men comparable training sessions is illegal.

Abbey Marie
12-02-2017, 05:50 PM
All of it starts with the kind of man who is unable to achieve gratification in a substantial relationship with an adult woman who accepts him by choice.

Bingo.

With the extreme being a guy who uses roofies on unsuspecting victims.

Further in the battle of the sexes, I saw an article today with the premise that men who are incompetent at doing housework are actually Misogynists. (The idea being that they think so little of their womenfolk, that they purposely screw up so as not to be asked to do it again). So, men as manipulative nasty liars, right?
I was berated when I replied that if women stopped criticizing and/or ridiculing men when they don't do such things "perfectly", they might see men more willing. Boy, did I get skewered for that opinion.

Kathianne
12-02-2017, 06:07 PM
Bingo.

Further in the battle of the sexes, I saw an article today with the premise that men who are incompetent at doing housework are actually Misogynists. (The idea being that they think so little of their womenfolk, that they purposely screw up so as not to be asked to do it again). So, men as manipulative nasty liars, right?
I was berated when I replied that if women stopped criticizing and/or ridiculing men when they don't do such things "perfectly", they might see men more willing. Boy, did I get skewered for that opinion.

Yep, agree with all of the above.

Gunny
12-02-2017, 07:17 PM
Bingo.

I was berated when I replied that if women stopped criticizing and/or ridiculing men when they don't do such things "perfectly", they might see men more willing. Boy, did I get skewered for that opinion.I don't see where housework is an issue. Housework is as individual as people. I'm a total perfectionist when it comes to housework. Does that mean women that don't help me clean are man-haters and don't respect me (hypothetical)? I don't recall qualifying myself as a man or not by my ability to clean house, the car, the yard, do laundry, cook -- whatever.

I honestly never had the problem with either wife. We both worked and we both shared the responsibilities at home.

There ARE people who are just slobs and are lazy with no underlying motive. I don't get it, and they drive me nuts, but they exist. They just don't care. You can call them what you want and still not fix it.

It has NOTHING to do with gender. The biggest slobs I have every been around were NOT men.