PDA

View Full Version : This White Male Can't Get Hired. What Should He Do Now?

tailfins
12-02-2017, 12:09 AM
I can tell you where he went wrong: While you are still in a "stable" job, read job descriptions in your area of expertise and if you see a new skill start to pop up that you don't have, learn it. If you're in IT for example, Python is hot with no signs of cooling down. An IT person that doesn't have Python skills is just begging to be sidelined. One reason I'm so annoyed with women in the workplace is that so may of them are posers. Ask them tough technical questions and they fall to pieces. Of course drawing such conclusions isn't "HR-safe", so you just lament posers, which has the same effect, but passes muster under scrutiny for the "cultural Marxism" police.

https://www.inc.com/jt-odonnell/this-white-male-cant-get-hired-should-we-feel-sorry-for-him.html

High_Plains_Drifter
12-02-2017, 10:39 AM
My son has a B.S. in IT/Networking, works for a tv station. I sent him a few messages on Skype and asked if he knew Python.

Abbey Marie
12-02-2017, 01:14 PM
I can tell you where he went wrong: While you are still in a "stable" job, read job descriptions in your area of expertise and if you see a new skill start to pop up that you don't have, learn it. If you're in IT for example, Python is hot with no signs of cooling down. An IT person that doesn't have Python skills is just begging to be sidelined. One reason I'm so annoyed with women in the workplace is that so may of them are posers. Ask them tough technical questions and they fall to pieces. Of course drawing such conclusions isn't "HR-safe", so you just lament posers, which has the same effect, but passes muster under scrutiny for the "cultural Marxism" police.

https://www.inc.com/jt-odonnell/this-white-male-cant-get-hired-should-we-feel-sorry-for-him.html

My husband has worked in IT for 30 years, and in that time has had many, many interviews. Every interview has been primarily focused on lots of relevant and difficult technical questions. If the companies to which you refer are not screening candidates like that, they have a bigger problem than a few less-technical women.

I know now it's hopeless, but you would be much more at peace if you could let go of your misogyny and see people as individuals instead of a gender that is out to get you.

tailfins
12-02-2017, 04:39 PM
My husband has worked in IT for 30 years, and in that time has had many, many interviews. Every interview has been primarily focused on lots of relevant and difficult technical questions. If the companies to which you refer are not screening candidates like that, they have a bigger problem than a few les-technical women.

I know now it's hopeless, but you would be much more at peace if you could let go of your misogyny and see people as individuals instead of a gender that is out to get you.

Vietnamese and Chinese women are much better in this regard. They know exactly what I mean when I say that I don't want to get burned by cultural Marxism. Several even agree with me that there are lots of similarities between corporate culture and Marxist culture. There's very little difference between going to an "all hands " company cheerleading meeting and a Cuban Committee for the Defense of the Revolution (CDR) rally.

aboutime
12-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Sounds very much like the hypothetical White Male in question who keeps coming to this forum to tell all of us about his employment problems....over many years...actually has a huge PERSONALITY, and PARANOID group of self-grown problems created by selfishness, and hatred for anyone who doesn't look like the hypothetical, Disturbed White Male. Anyone see a pattern with this?:boohoo::drama::waaaah::deadhorse::blabla::tr ump::crying22:

Gunny
12-02-2017, 09:41 PM

https://www.inc.com/jt-odonnell/this-white-male-cant-get-hired-should-we-feel-sorry-for-him.htmlClue for Tailfins: Suddenly now white men are at "war" with women, among all the other things we're at war with. It's a touchy subject. While I usually just laugh at your dumb ass, it would probably behoove you to not incite the womenfolk on the board.

"Women in the workplace":rolleyes:. WHAT century are you from? If a PERSON is qualified for a job, they aren't "posers" because they're females. If the PERSON is not qualified for a job, gender doesn't matter. I've known women over the years that would stomp a mudhole in the likes of you, and no way could YOU pass the qualifications they did. Can you fly a Huey? CH-53? Pass SEAR training? Hell, even pass swim qualifications? Rifle range? Hump a 60 pound pack over a ridgeback mountain 25 miles out one day and 25 miles back the next? I can see you crying now. "I got blisters". Wah.

Here's you: A LCPL decided halfway through a 15 mile hump at Camp Pendleton to start her wrong time of the month. You could see it and smell it (sorry ladies -- making a point) . The SSgt told her to get in the Corpsman's hummer and go back to Del Mar. She told him in no uncertain terms what he could do with his ambulance and she finished the hump. So a couple of us married folk pitched in and hit the little exchange (convenience store) and bought her what she asked for.

This would be LCpl Tailfins: "How come SHE gets to take a shower before any of us?" :slap: She was tougher than your manly message board self will ever be.

tailfins
12-02-2017, 10:34 PM
Clue for Tailfins: Suddenly now white men are at "war" with women, among all the other things we're at war with. It's a touchy subject. While I usually just laugh at your dumb ass, it would probably behoove you to not incite the womenfolk on the board.

"Women in the workplace":rolleyes:. WHAT century are you from? If a PERSON is qualified for a job, they aren't "posers" because they're females. If the PERSON is not qualified for a job, gender doesn't matter. I've known women over the years that would stomp a mudhole in the likes of you, and no way could YOU pass the qualifications they did. Can you fly a Huey? CH-53? Pass SEAR training? Hell, even pass swim qualifications? Rifle range? Hump a 60 pound pack over a ridgeback mountain 25 miles out one day and 25 miles back the next? I can see you crying now. "I got blisters". Wah.

Here's you: A LCPL decided halfway through a 15 mile hump at Camp Pendleton to start her wrong time of the month. You could see it and smell it (sorry ladies -- making a point) . The SSgt told her to get in the Corpsman's hummer and go back to Del Mar. She told him in no uncertain terms what he could do with his ambulance and she finished the hump. So a couple of us married folk pitched in and hit the little exchange (convenience store) and bought her what she asked for.

This would be LCpl Tailfins: "How come SHE gets to take a shower before any of us?" :slap: She was tougher than your manly message board self will ever be.

Whom I incite or not isn't even a consideration; the thought doesn't even cross my mind either way. When I want to post a stray thought to a small, hostile audience, this is the place to be. I make political posts elsewhere at a larger audience. None of what you say changes the predominance of credit stealing and blame shifting women in the corporate culture.

Gunny
12-02-2017, 10:48 PM
Whom I incite or not isn't even a consideration; the thought doesn't even cross my mind either way. When I want to post a stray thought to a small, hostile audience, this is the place to be. I make political posts elsewhere at a larger audience. None of what you say changes the predominance of credit stealing and blame shifting women in the corporate culture.None of what you say changes the predominance of credit stealing and blame shifting MEN in the corporate culture.

People like YOU can never see the REAL enemy as you're alwaus too busy fighting windmills of your own creation. Sure there are conniving women out there. I've said as much before. There are just as many bastard-ass conniving men doing the same damned thing. Woman shakes her ass -- man flashes his wallet -- each has what the other wants and are willing to or not play a game to get it.

That doesn't make everyone that way. You have a hostile crowd just as much of your own making by saying dumbass shit you KNOW is going to incite. Don't blame the audience for giving you what you come asking for, cowpoke.