PDA

View Full Version : Obama individual mandate - goodnight

jimnyc
12-02-2017, 09:39 AM
Slowly but surely, Obama's legacy is disappearing. By the time Trump is done, Obama himself will have disappeared!

---

Senate GOP repeals ObamaCare mandate

Senate Republicans have approved the repeal of ObamaCare’s individual mandate as part of their tax-cut bill, a major step forward toward ending an unpopular part of the healthcare law.

“Families ought to be able to make decisions about what they want to buy and what works for them –not the government,” Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) said, hailing the accomplishment.

“I believe if people don’t want to buy the Obamacare insurance, they shouldn’t have to pay a tax penalty to the IRS.”

The Senate tax bill must still be reconciled with House legislation that does not include the mandate’s repeal. But that is unlikely to be a major issue given support in the GOP conference for repealing the mandate.

No Democrats in either chamber voted for the GOP tax bills.

Rest - http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/362838-senate-gop-repeals-obamacare-mandate

jimnyc
12-02-2017, 10:06 AM
Nolte: Obamacare Mandate Repeal Is the Most Important Civil Rights Victory in Years

Going all the way back to 2009, it was obvious Obamacare would end up looking like a Rube Goldberg machine powered by totalitarianism. Who would have ever guessed, though, it was such a fiasco that the mandate would actually cost the government money — a delicious irony that would result in its undoing.
It works like this…

For the sin of being born, Obamacare mandates that every American purchase health insurance. If we do not purchase this totally unnecessary, godawful product (more on this below), we are required by law to pay a hefty tax to the federal government.

Somehow, and I do not really care how, this tax actually costs the government money, some $340 billion — with a “B” — every ten years.

Only Bill Ayers’ pal and his merry band of congressional nincompoops could crawl so far up their own backsides that they were able to find a tax that increases the deficit.

But thank heavens they did. Had they not, the Senate would not have repealed the mandate Friday night.

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/02/nolte-obamacare-mandate-repeal-important-civil-rights-victory-years/

High_Plains_Drifter
12-02-2017, 10:06 AM
Mark my words, yes quote me... sooner or later some enterprising individual or team, some entity is going find that there is no hard copy certificate of birth in Hawaii for Barry, and enough time will have passed by that people will say, "well yes, we always knew obama forged that purported scan," and nothing will ever be done about it. The truth will be passed by like yesterdays lunch leftovers. But, the truth will be known, someday, that wall of protection will fall at some point and someone will find a way in to expose the truth. I just hope I'm still alive to see it because I've taken a lot of heat for being one of those that never bought the lies or backed down to the bullying and insults slung at us.

What does that have to do with the illegal obamacare penalty? Nothing... really... Jim's comments about wiping out obama and his legacy just made me think of it. But in my opinioin, that muslim dog turd spent 8 years as president, ILLEGALLY, far as I can see, and everything he ever touched pen to should be rolled back.

Black Diamond
12-02-2017, 10:55 AM
What happens to Obamacare without the individual mandate ?