PDA

View Full Version : Tax reform - passed

jimnyc
12-02-2017, 10:41 AM
Another huge win for Trump!

--

Senate Passes Massive Tax Reform Legislation

With 51 Republican votes, the Senate narrowly approved a massive bill early Saturday that would cut taxes for many Americans, nearly double the standard deduction and dramatically reduce the corporate rate — all while adding more than $1 trillion to the deficit over the next decade.

Senate Republicans passed the measure just hours after having to rewrite the legislation Friday evening, providing them with their first major legislative win of the year.

GOP lawmakers scrambled to revise their bill after the parliamentarian ruled the deficit trigger — a necessary component to sway key lawmakers to get on board with the bill — didn’t comply with the Byrd Rule Thursday evening. Despite the last-minute challenge, Republicans managed to come to an agreement Friday that placated enough members to bring the bill to the floor.

President Donald Trump praised the passage of the legislation in the Senate tweeting early Saturday morning, “We are one step closer to delivering MASSIVE tax cuts for working families across America. Special thanks to @SenateMajLdr Mitch McConnell and Chairman @senorrinhatch for shepherding our bill through the Senate. Look forward to signing a final bill before Christmas!”

“It was extended conversations that went on into the late hours of the night and continued early in the morning,” Texas Sen. Ted Cruz said of the negotiations Friday ahead of the vote, adding he believes the legislation made “significant improvements.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/02/senate-passes-massive-tax-reform-legislation/

Abbey Marie
12-02-2017, 01:02 PM
I received the notification of this around 2am. Working late!

Black Diamond
12-02-2017, 01:08 PM
I received the notification of this around 2am. Working late!
You or the senate ?

Abbey Marie
12-02-2017, 01:19 PM
You or the senate ?

Haha! The Senate. I was just reading due to insomnia...

NightTrain
12-02-2017, 03:22 PM
This is a big deal.

Watch the economy hit the Nitrous Switch now.

Every Dem voted against it - I think that's the final nail in the coffin as far as the middle class goes.

And, no. I'm still not tired of winning, before anyone asks.

pete311
12-02-2017, 03:55 PM
CBO says we lose 1.5 Trillion. 2027 taxes increase big time to make up for the cuts. SS and Medicare are cut.

pete311
12-02-2017, 03:55 PM
This is a big deal.

Watch the economy hit the Nitrous Switch now.

Every Dem voted against it - I think that's the final nail in the coffin as far as the middle class goes.

And, no. I'm still not tired of winning, before anyone asks.

Stockholders are the big winners. I am one of them.

Black Diamond
12-02-2017, 03:56 PM
https://www.hermancain.com/senate-tax-cut-bill-also-opens-up-oil-drilling

Do you agree NightTrain ?

Black Diamond
12-02-2017, 03:56 PM
Stockholders are the big winners. I am one of them.
Dividends ?

pete311
12-02-2017, 03:59 PM

Do you agree @NightTrain (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=89) ?

Nice ear mark. What's it got to do with the tax reform.

Black Diamond
12-02-2017, 03:59 PM
CBO says we lose 1.5 Trillion. 2027 taxes increase big time to make up for the cuts. SS and Medicare are cut.
People quote the cbo when politically convenient.

pete311
12-02-2017, 04:00 PM
Dividends ?

right. many companies have already said they will pass the tax savings to their shareholders. get your stocks now if you want some of the pie.

pete311
12-02-2017, 04:00 PM
People quote the cbo when politically convenient.

doesn't change the fact of their assessment.

Black Diamond
12-02-2017, 04:01 PM
Nice ear mark. What's it got to do with the tax reform.
She voted for the bill. And anwr was the Bone they threw her.

Black Diamond
12-02-2017, 04:02 PM
doesn't change the fact of their assessment.
Yeah always gospel truth. Unless it doesn't agree with Obama.

pete311
12-02-2017, 04:03 PM
Yeah always gospel truth. Unless it doesn't agree with Obama.

Do you have another assessment or are you just refuting it off the basis of it not agreeing with your agenda?

aboutime
12-02-2017, 04:58 PM

Whaaaaa! petey. You will be given the option to return EVERY CENT more of your income after the Tax Breaks happen. Just contact the IRS and be sure to tell them you DISLIKE having more cash to spend on whatever you want.

The CBO is correct. The Treasury loses 1.5 Trillion at first, while the offshore Trillions return to the US Treasury, and end up in American paychecks, 401K's, and even Social Security, and Medicare. But as usual. You and the Dems never quite tell the whole story about how the CBO always projects NEGATIVES....without admitting the POSITIVE grown of the GNP, and more Income tax collections from MORE Americans who will be Working for HIGHER PAY.

If you don't like that petey. Feel free to bury your head in the sand...or pull it out of your ass. YOU CHOOSE.

Petey. Why didn't you complain when Obama raised our DEBT to 20 TRILLION?

pete311
12-02-2017, 05:16 PM
Petey. Why didn't you complain when Obama raised our DEBT to 20 TRILLION?

You're supposed to be the conservative, remember?

aboutime
12-02-2017, 05:21 PM
You're supposed to be the conservative, remember?

There ya go again. What chapter of the DNC Talking Points handbook are you using this time to completely ignore answering questions, and using another question???

You are so full of it petey. Some day, when you decide to become an honest member of the human race. Somebody will get an honest answer from you. Until then. INHALE all of the liberal BS you can handle.

Gunny
12-02-2017, 08:01 PM
CBO says we lose 1.5 Trillion. 2027 taxes increase big time to make up for the cuts. SS and Medicare are cut.Gee, that's less than half what Obama borrowed from China.

LongTermGuy
12-02-2017, 08:45 PM

Obama: Borrow $2.4 Trillion—Roughly What We Borrowed During ... (http://www.weeklystandard.com/obama-borrow-2.4-trillionroughly-what-we-borrowed-during-wwii/article/577147)www.weeklystandard.com/obama-borrow-2.4-trillionroughly-what-we-borrowed-during-wwii/article/577147

In other words, $2.4 trillion is a politically generated figure. It's hard to conceptualize sums as vast as $2400000000000.00 in newly borrowed money, new deficit spending, and new debt. How much, really, is it? Well, even after adjusting for inflation, it's about the same amount of money that we borrowed to fight World War II.

Reality Check: Has the U.S. borrowed more under Obama than all... (http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/19/news/economy/debt-obama-trump/index.html)money.cnn.com/2016/10/19/news/economy/debt-obama-trump/index.html

Oct 19, 2016 ... "We've borrowed more money under Barack Obama than we borrowed from George Washington through George W. Bush," said Donald Trump's economic adviser Stephen Moore at a debate in mid-October. "This is the most fiscally reckless behavior." Trump has also made similar claims, saying that the ...

:laugh:

NightTrain
12-02-2017, 09:34 PM

Do you agree NightTrain ?

Yes, absolutely.

I'm not far from Prudhoe right now, and I've posted pictures of Prudhoe right here on DP. It's a barren waste as far as the eye can see, and the idiot greenies love to talk about "pristine wilderness" when in reality its a huge swamp infested with mosquitoes.

I really dislike Murkowski but she and I align on ANWR. We should have been drilling hard and deep 20 years ago. This is way past due.

I don't know how profitable ANWR will be, because the shale frackers in the lower 48 have a monstrous amount of oil at their fingertips and shipping & arctic conditions aren't an issue - but bringing ANWR online combined with the frackers should make us oil independent again.

Good times ahead!