PDA

View Full Version : ‘TIME’ 2017 Person of the Year List Includes Colin Kaepernick

jimnyc
12-04-2017, 01:16 PM
My first thought is - WTF? And WHY? He really didn't do anything, other than sit or kneel. He may have had intentions of drawing attention to an issue or cause, but really all he did was disrespect our national anthem and national flag - to get the attention he wanted. He used and abused a few of the most cherished traditions in our country. And IMO, failed in getting the message across.

In fairness, this list also includes Donald Trump on that list, so it should equally piss off enough people to do what they want - garner attention. I don't think they really give a shit about the award.

---

‘TIME’ 2017 Person of the Year List Includes Colin Kaepernick

Nowadays, it’s harder to find an award that Colin Kaepernick is not being considered for, as opposed to finding those that he is being considered for.

Ironically, the award Kaepernick finds himself on the shortlist for now, includes the man who has blasted him and the movement he began.

TIME magazine has released their shortlist for their Person of the Year award, that list includes President Trump, and Colin Kaepernick.

Here is the full list:

https://i.imgur.com/Ph3CTiw.png

According to Fox News, “Many of the names listed on the shortlist have been surrounded by controversy this year. Kaepernick was the topic of discussion after the NFL anthem kneeling controversy escalated when the president chimed in. The #MeToo movement gained traction after a slew of prominent Hollywood figures were accused of sexual misconduct.

“Speculation over who will be granted the title began in late November after Trump tweeted he ‘took a pass’ on being ‘Man (person) of the Year’ because the magazine wanted a photoshoot and interview.”

Kaepernick accepted the East Monroe Courageous Advocate Award during the ACLU’s annual Bill of Rights Dinner in Beverly Hills, on Sunday night.

Since walking away from the league, Kaepernick has racked-up quite the array of rewards. GQ named Kaepernick its “Citizen of the Year” in November. Just last week, SI bestowed its Muhammad Ali Legacy Award for remaining “steadfast in his fight for social justice and committed to his beliefs no matter the cost.”

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/12/04/time-2017-person-year-list-includes-colin-kaepernick/

BoogyMan
12-04-2017, 01:20 PM
When I first saw this post I thought to myself, "I bet Kim Jong Un is in the list too." Opened the thread and there he is. The leftist media is absolutely bonkers.

High_Plains_Drifter
12-04-2017, 02:10 PM
I'm surprised SATAN wasn't on their list.

Black Diamond
12-04-2017, 02:12 PM
Hitler and Stalin have each won the award.

jimnyc
12-04-2017, 02:35 PM
I'm surprised SATAN wasn't on their list.

Ask the women on 'The View' and I'm confident they will tell you that he is on the list aka Trump. :)

mundame
12-04-2017, 03:25 PM
When I first saw this post I thought to myself, "I bet Kim Jong Un is in the list too." Opened the thread and there he is.

To be fair, they have often put disliked but very influential people on: Hitler was one such.

If they put on Trump, a lot of people will be very upset. Kim Jong-Un is a viable candidate from that point of view; and maybe they ought to hit Kim BEFORE he starts nuking us.

I am assuming war with NK next year, but I shouldn't predict.

Hillary? As a sort of consolation prize, like when she got the cover of Vanity Fair?

Seriously, it has to be Trump, though.