PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Is Banning Women for Calling Men ‘Scum’

jimnyc
12-04-2017, 02:50 PM
Well, ain't that interesting. White men are a protected group? I'll have to remember that! LOL

---

Facebook Is Banning Women for Calling Men ‘Scum’

Women had accounts banned from Facebook for responding to male trolls with sentences like ‘men are trash,’ in part because the company classifies white men as a protected group.

When comic Marcia Belsky sarcastically replied “men are scum” to a friend’s Facebook post back in October, she never anticipated being banned from the platform for 30 days.

That was exactly what happened.

Belsky was shocked at the severity of the punishment considering her relatively innocuous comment, and immediately spoke to her fellow female friends about the ordeal. They could relate.

In the wake of the #MeToo movement, countless women have taken to Facebook to express their frustration and disappointment with men and have been promptly shut down or silenced, banned from the platform for periods ranging from one to seven days.

Women have posted things as bland as “men ain’t shit,” “all men are ugly,” and even “all men are allegedly ugly” and had their posts removed. They’ve been locked out of their accounts for suggesting that, since “all men are ugly,” country music star Blake Shelton “winning the sexiest man isn’t a triumph.”

“I personally posted men are scum in November and I received a seven day ban. It’s still ongoing. Two days and 23 hours left,” said comedian Alison Klemp.

Kayla Avery, a comedian in Boston said she’s been banned close to 10 times by Facebook and is currently serving out the end of her third 30-day ban.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/women-are-getting-banned-from-facebook-for-calling-men-scum

mundame
12-04-2017, 03:20 PM
Wild!! Thanks for telling us this news. I'm surprised.

Facebook is cracking down, then. Probably just as well.

I don't go on Facebook, and I don't plan to. I hear about awful fights from my daughter-in-law. Well, she's political. And religious. And says so.

Commenters on the WSJ story have said that social media was a mistake --- I'm inclined to agree. It's starting wars all over the world. Any time there is a big improvement in human communications, big wars follow, because what people most like to talk about is hating and killing each other, after all. Consider the printing press, about 1450: two centuries of religious wars followed directly. Same as what is going on now.