PDA

View Full Version : Stupid sushi

dan
08-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Friday night I ate at a Japanese restaurant. My friend ordered spicy tuna sushi. I tried a piece and it was so freakin' hot it ruined the rest of the night for me. It was my friend's birthday, so we were all sitting around drinking, but I was nauseas all night long, and it wasn't until about 11:00 the next morning that I started feeling better.

I like sushi normally, but I can't even imagine why anybody would want something that spicy. It didn't even taste like anything, other than spiciness.

truthmatters
08-13-2007, 09:21 AM

jimnyc
08-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Friday night I ate at a Japanese restaurant. My friend ordered spicy tuna sushi. I tried a piece and it was so freakin' hot it ruined the rest of the night for me. It was my friend's birthday, so we were all sitting around drinking, but I was nauseas all night long, and it wasn't until about 11:00 the next morning that I started feeling better.

I like sushi normally, but I can't even imagine why anybody would want something that spicy. It didn't even taste like anything, other than spiciness.

You should have dipped it into a ton of Wasabi, that would have eased the pain! :)

PostmodernProphet
08-13-2007, 09:28 AM
sushi is great....dip them things in a beer batter and deep fat fry them and you got good eats.....

dan
08-13-2007, 09:35 AM
You should have dipped it into a ton of Wasabi, that would have eased the pain!

:finger3:

Ever see Steve-O snort a line of wasabi? Wonder how much other stuff he had to snort to think that was a good idea?

jimnyc
08-13-2007, 09:38 AM
:finger3:

Ever see Steve-O snort a line of wasabi? Wonder how much other stuff he had to snort to think that was a good idea?

I actually just saw his movie a few nights ago. Funny, but he's an idiot! LOL

I dipped into Wasabi ONCE, and it was the first time and last time I had either sushi or the dip from hell. First bite left me thinking why anyone would eat uncooked crap from the bottom of the ocean that tasted this nasty. Then a "friend" of mine suggested I try the green dip to give it more flavor. I lost my desire to ever eat Sushi or Wasabi again, and made an enemy!

dan
08-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Heh, I like sushi, but you can keep the wasabi. Just to give you an idea, this stuff I had friday was like wasabi X 1000.

jackass
08-13-2007, 07:25 PM
Jim thinks catsup is too spicy!

OCA
08-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Pussies!:laugh2: Wasabi is the shit! Love friggin habaneros too!

Hot sauce, any kind of hot sauce makes everything taste better and sushi definitely is not sushi without wasabi.

glockmail
08-13-2007, 08:13 PM
sushi is great....dip them things in a beer batter and deep fat fry them and you got good eats..... I'm with you on this one man. Cook the damn shit. At the very least toss it on a hot grill and flip it once, firm it up. :puke3:

dan
08-14-2007, 05:57 AM
I don't know how he was when Jim was growing up, but when I was young, our Dad hated spicy foods of any kind (other than Chinese mustard), so I never really got a taste for or a tolerance for spicy foods at all.

glockmail
08-14-2007, 07:13 AM
I don't know how he was when Jim was growing up, but when I was young, our Dad hated spicy foods of any kind (other than Chinese mustard), so I never really got a taste for or a tolerance for spicy foods at all.You and Jim bros?

dan
08-14-2007, 08:25 AM
You and Jim bros?

Yep. Half bros, technically, but I consider him my real brother. Technically, he's my brother from another mother.

diuretic
08-14-2007, 08:42 AM
I like sushi but it's always a bit bland. Having said that I don't know if I'd really like overly spicy sushi. A blast of wasabi is enough to make my eyes water and I make like I have hay fever but it is nice.

On chili - this is one I don't want to come across (I stay away from habaneros as well but this one you'd need a radioactive suit for) -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naga_Jolokia_pepper

glockmail
08-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Yep. Half bros, technically, but I consider him my real brother. Technically, he's my brother from another mother. My brutha from anutha mutha? Cool.