PDA

View Full Version : WSJ: It's Time for Mueller to Step Down

jimnyc
12-05-2017, 01:34 PM
If you recall, leading republicans have been asking for information, investigations - and were stonewalled. Could this be a portion of why?

Now I'm not saying Mueller should step down, and Trump firing him would sure open a can of holy shit. But more and more 'facts' are coming to light.

---

WSJ: It's Time for Mueller to Step Down

The Wall Street Journal is urging special counsel Robert Mueller to resign.

In an editorial, the newspaper cited "troubling questions" about Mueller and the FBI.

"The Washington Post and The New York Times reported Saturday that a lead FBI investigator on the Mueller probe, Peter Strzok, was demoted this summer after it was discovered he'd sent anti-Trump texts to a mistress," the Journal said.

"As troubling, Mr. Mueller and the Justice Department kept this information from House investigators, despite Intelligence Committee subpoenas that would have exposed those texts. They also refused to answer questions about Mr. Strzok's dismissal and refused to make him available for an interview."

And it said Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein is taking on a questionable role of resisting congressional oversight.

It noted the Justice Department has floated numerous reasons for ignoring the House subpoenas. And it claimed none of them were "persuasive."

"First it claimed cooperation would hurt the Mueller probe, but his prosecutions are proceeding apace," the Journal said. "Then Justice claimed that providing House investigators with classified material could hurt security or sources.

And the Journal said the time has come for Mueller to step down.

"The latest news supports our view that Mr. Mueller is too conflicted to investigate the FBI and should step down in favor of someone more credible," the newspaper said. "The investigation would surely continue, though perhaps with someone who doesn't think his job includes protecting the FBI and Mr. (James) Comey from answering questions about their role in the 2016 election."

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/wall-street-journal-robert-mueller-fbi-resign/2017/12/05/id/829987/

Black Diamond
12-05-2017, 01:45 PM
Mueller will never step down. Trump gave him and the dems a rope and he will hang himself with it.

mundame
12-06-2017, 12:31 AM
I don't want ANY more publicity for Comey. I consider him one of the most dangerous men in the country. He has attacked both sides in the presidential race: I seriously think he wants to be prez himself. At 6'8" he is the tallest around: maybe he thinks since he's tallest, he ought to be ruling.

I agree with the Hillary camp that his October Surprise may well have been what pushed her into a loss. And then he goes after Trump. I'm serious: I'm thinking coup d'état. No more appearences on Capitol Hill with banks of microphones for Comey, I hope.

LongTermGuy
12-06-2017, 12:55 AM
Mueller will never step down. Trump gave him and the dems a rope and he will hang himself with it.

You know...your right...Mueller is smelling real bad these days....

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/10de1d2343e197101f607beb103c753842b8c410/r=x233&c=210x230/https/media.gannett-cdn.com/29906170001/29906170001_5533021178001_5533008825001-vs.jpg