PDA

View Full Version : What Is Trump So Desperately Trying to Cover Up?

jimnyc
12-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Right off the bat, this writer proclaims that Trump either colluded with Russia, or tried very hard to do so. He states this factually, with zero proof whatsoever in a huge investigation. Nothing. Then it's onto the obstruction of justice. :rolleyes: Speaks of quashing the probe somehow, because he's frantic. In all of this from day one, I haven't seen him work hard at all to stop folks from investigating.

---

What Is Trump So Desperately Trying to Cover Up?

WASHINGTON -- We know that President Trump and his campaign either colluded with the Russian effort to undermine U.S. democracy or tried mightily to do so. We know that Trump has apparently obstructed justice to try to halt investigation into what happened. What we don't know is whether Congress, in the end, will do its sworn duty to protect the Constitution.

We also don't know what else special counsel Robert Mueller might have discovered, especially about the Trump family's international financial dealings. Or what Mueller might be learning from Trump's former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty Friday to lying to the FBI and is cooperating with investigators. Or how far Trump, who is increasingly frantic, might yet go to squash the Mueller probe.

It is true that there is no federal statute against "collusion." But a specific law is not necessary for citizens and their representatives in Congress to make a judgment: Is it acceptable for a presidential candidate and officials of his campaign to encourage an adversarial foreign power's efforts to meddle in the U.S. election process -- and then seek to reward that foreign power by easing sanctions? Yes or no?

I'm no fan of conspiracy theories, which usually fall apart under scrutiny; and I'm not interested in carrying water for the Democratic Party, which should have been able to beat Trump, who was manifestly unqualified and unfit, no matter what the Russians did. But what we have learned thus far is truly shocking.

Last July, Trump issued a public plea: "I will tell you this, Russia: If you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing." He was referring to deleted material from the private email server Hillary Clinton used when she was secretary of state. Previously, according to U.S. intelligence officials, state-sponsored Russian hackers had obtained thousands of private emails from the Democratic National Committee and Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta, and the material was being released in a manner clearly intended to damage the Clinton campaign.

We now know that in June, three of the most important figures in the Trump campaign -- Trump's son, Donald Trump Jr.; his son-in-law, Jared Kushner; and his campaign chairman, Paul Manafort -- had eagerly met with a Kremlin-tied lawyer who promised to share damaging information the Russian government had on Clinton. We also know that in April, another go-between had promised Trump foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos "thousands of emails" containing "dirt" on Clinton.

Did anyone report these shady approaches to the FBI? No.

Rest - https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/12/05/what_is_trump_so_desperately_trying_to_cover_up_13 5688.html

Black Diamond
12-05-2017, 01:52 PM
Guess nbc tried to undermine democracy when they released the Billy Bush tape.

Gunny
12-05-2017, 03:08 PM
So where's this damaging information Russia shared with Trump? Is Trump holding it for a rainy day in case he has to beat Hitlery for the Presidency of the US?:rolleyes:

Black Diamond
12-05-2017, 03:19 PM
So where's this damaging information Russia shared with Trump? Is Trump holding it for a rainy day in case he has to beat Hitlery for the Presidency of the US?:rolleyes:
Maybe 2020

Gunny
12-05-2017, 04:23 PM
Maybe 2020IF he had anything, can't use it now. He'd out himself. The left is something else. They are determined to make this dead dog bark.

High_Plains_Drifter
12-05-2017, 05:06 PM
Pure Trump Derangement Syndrome. They're all so deep into this pit of fables and lies that they believe their own bile.

It's incredible to watch, but personally I'd like to kick one of these little pinheads ass and slap some reality into them. If there's any other way to snap them back to reality, it wouldn't be as much fun.

mundame
12-05-2017, 11:21 PM
That piece is from RealClearPolitics.

I used to respect them and I followed their polls the whole election. At the end of the summer and into the fall, up to the last week, I went through all their polls for the battleground states and did the math; I had a spreadsheet.

They had Hillary winning by SEVERAL points.

And I totally believed them, because that's their business, metapolling.

Well, you know what actually happened: they were wrong, wrong, wrong pretty much all around. I've never gone on RCP since and don't plan to. Any time I see a poll, I stop reading the article, wherever it is, even in the Washington Times, anywhere.

The fake news that is going on DAILY is mind-boggling. The Flynn and Russia false report collapsed the stock market 300 points, Tillerson supposed to be out but Trump and Tillerson said no, and that was just this week.

I think we -- I -- have to realize that the news has been sabotaged and the left is losing so bad they'll say anything, do anything to stop their slide, and there's no truth or sense in it.