PDA

View Full Version : Senate Dems Dogpile Franken with Calls for His Resignation

jimnyc
12-06-2017, 03:50 PM
Up to seven now, huh? And told one that it was his "right" as an entertainer? WTF? But, along with others, I haven't myself seen anything of solid "proof" against him. But as pete311 states, the smoke is billowing apparently.

---

Senate Dems Dogpile Franken with Calls for His Resignation

WASHINGTON -- On the day that TIME magazine named accusers of sexual harassment and assault their Person of the Year, several Democratic women senators -- followed by a few men -- came forward to say enough is enough with their colleague Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.).

A seventh woman this week accused Franken of making an unwanted sexual advance. A former Democratic congressional aide told Politico that the senator tried to forcibly kiss her in 2006, calling it "my right as an entertainer.”

In a lengthy Facebook post, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) said she was "shocked and disappointed to learn over the last few weeks that a colleague I am fond of personally has engaged in behavior towards women that is unacceptable," but "this moment of reckoning about our friends and colleagues who have been accused of sexual misconduct is necessary, and it is painful."

"We must not lose sight that this watershed moment is bigger than any one industry, any one party, or any one person," she wrote. "The pervasiveness of sexual harassment and the experience women face every day across America within the existing power structure of society has finally come out of the shadows. It is a moment that we as a country cannot afford to ignore."

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/senate-dems-dogpile-franken-calls-resignation/

High_Plains_Drifter
12-06-2017, 03:56 PM
They know they'd just get another dem elected in MN anyway.

mundame
12-06-2017, 04:03 PM
It was 20 Senators calling for Franken's resignation as of 3 PM --- CNN reported that and that it was a house-cleaning because the Dems do expect Moore to win in the Alabama special election, and they mean to rant and rage against him: they can't do that unless they clean house, so the Senate is getting rid of Franken and Pelosi is kicking out a whole bunch of Dem congressmen. I figured it was political, I just couldn't quite see how.

But that makes sense, and then they can go after Trump, too. When they tried that on during the election, Trump had a strong riposte -- he brought in Bill Clinton's accusers and kept bringing that up. Clinton's sex misbehavior was worse than anything we know about Trump, so he had a good argument.

I don't think this mass hysteria can last long enough for them to work up an impeachment against Trump on that basis, but they are calling it a "social movement," so I could be wrong.

It's part of the incipient rebellion, for sure.

aboutime
12-06-2017, 04:06 PM
Couldn't happen to a nicer idiot. Franken will just go back to SNL again.

No matter where a Dog Craps....like Franken....the pile always Stinks more.

jimnyc
12-06-2017, 05:14 PM
8th Accuser: Al Franken Groped Me ’at a Media Matters Party During the First Obama Inauguration’

Journalist Tina Dupuy became the eighth woman on Wednesday to accuse Al Franken of sexual misconduct, writing in The Atlantic that the embattled Minnesota Senator groped her in 2009 at a Media Matters party during Barack Obama’s inauguration.

“D.C. was decked out and packed in for the inauguration of a young and popular new president. The town was buzzing with optimism, and one of the many events on our list was a swanky Media Matters party with Democratic notables everywhere,” the former communications director for Democratic Rep. Alan Grayson wrote in the article titled, “I Believe Franken’s Accusers Because He Groped Me, Too.”

“Then I saw Al Franken,” Dupuy wrote. “I only bug celebrities for pictures when it’ll make my foster mom happy. She loves Franken, so I asked to get a picture with him. We posed for the shot. He immediately put his hand on my waist, grabbing a handful of flesh. I froze. Then he squeezed. At least twice.”

“Al Franken’s familiarity was inappropriate and unwanted. It was also quick; he knew exactly what he was doing,” wrote Dupuy, who said, “I don’t let my husband touch me like that in public because I believe it diminishes me as a professional woman.”

In addition to Dupuy, six other women have accused Franken of sexual misconduct after radio host Leeann Tweeden published a photo last month of Franken grabbing her breast during a two week USO Tour in 2006.

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/06/8th-accuser-al-franken-groped-media-matters-party-furing-first-obama-inauguration/

Black Diamond
12-06-2017, 05:23 PM
And Darn it. People like him.

Kathianne
12-06-2017, 06:17 PM
I said yesterday I thought there'd be calls for Franken's resignation, especially after Conyers. I mentioned there were 'polls' being conducted that 'showed' that Democrats are holding their side to a higher standard than GOP.

Look for Franken to step down, the calls regarding Moore to be at full throttle and following that will be calls regarding Trump.

Once again, the Dems are going to play any card regarding hypocrisy, with no conscience regarding all the years of Clinton, Teddy, Biden's wandering hands, or the multiple decades that Conyers has been in office.