PDA

View Full Version : Time Magazine - not Trump, not Kaepernick...

jimnyc
12-06-2017, 03:56 PM
And IMO, can be scary too! While I DO DO applaud those speaking up legitimately after being scared for any amount of time over a sexual harassment/abuse. I'm sure it's the overwhelming majority that are guilty of those pointing out #MeToo. I hope they get the justice they seek and deserve. But I'm also confident that some innocent folks are going to be wound up in all of this.

---

#MeToo Movement Against Sexual Harassment Named TIME's Person of the Year

The women and men who have come forward in #MeToo droves with accusations of sexual harassment or sexual assault were selected as TIME's Person of the Year: The Silence Breakers.

"This reckoning appears to have sprung up overnight. But it has actually been simmering for years, decades, centuries," TIME wrote of their choice. "Women have had it with bosses and co-workers who not only cross boundaries but don't even seem to know that boundaries exist. They've had it with the fear of retaliation, of being blackballed, of being fired from a job they can't afford to lose. They've had it with the code of going along to get along. They've had it with men who use their power to take what they want from women."

"These silence breakers have started a revolution of refusal, gathering strength by the day, and in the past two months alone, their collective anger has spurred immediate and shocking results: nearly every day, CEOs have been fired, moguls toppled, icons disgraced. In some cases, criminal charges have been brought."

The article mentioned President Trump's Access Hollywood tape comments. "I have real doubts about whether we'd be going through this if Hillary Clinton had won, because I think that President Trump's election in many ways was a setback for women," NBC and former Fox anchor Megyn Kelly said of the #MeToo movement.

And it mentioned Summer Zervos, the former Apprentice contestant who said that Trump grabbed and kissed her at the Beverly Hill Hotel in 2007 when she went to meet him about a possible Trump Organization job. Trump said she lied, and Zervos is currently suing the president for defamation. Trump's lawyers argued Tuesday in New York state court that Trump is too busy to deal with the lawsuit, while Zervos' offered to do a video deposition during one of Trump's golf trips to Mar-a-Lago.

TIME included a new survey that found 93 percent of Democrats say they believe women alleging sexual harassment, compared to 78 percent of Republicans. Fifty-two percent of GOPs said they believe media coverage of men accused of sexual harassment is unfair, while 20 percent of Dems said that. Fifty-five percent of Republicans said the #MeToo movement was a distraction, while 77 percent of Democrats said meaningful change could come from the movement.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/metoo-movement-sexual-harassment-named-times-person-year/

mundame
12-06-2017, 03:58 PM
It's obvious they should have made Trump the Man of the Year. They hate him too much, so they made up this group thing. Lame.

High_Plains_Drifter
12-06-2017, 04:02 PM
I'm CERTAIN the vast majority of these pigs deserve what's coming to them, and the stories are real.

I'd like to see the dems enthusiastically denounce Bubba Clinton now, I'd believe they were sincere in all this then. But until I see that, I think this is all a cherry picking escapade, just too typical of any dem movement.

Gunny
12-06-2017, 04:42 PM
So a witch hunt is "Man of the Year", huh? :rolleyes:

Black Diamond
12-06-2017, 04:50 PM
This has never been honorary. bin laden should have won in 2001 and trump should win this year.