PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Al Franken Will Resign ‘In the Coming Weeks’

jimnyc
12-07-2017, 01:58 PM
He is going to resign, but he wants to go out by talking about others and pointing fingers, and notice it's only about one party. ALL folks getting accused should concentrate on themselves, guilty or not guilty, whether they admit or deny.

---

Sen. Al Franken Will Resign ‘In the Coming Weeks’

Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) announced his resignation Thursday following multiple accusations of sexual assault and repeated calls from over 30 of his Democratic colleagues to step down.

“Today I am announcing that in the coming weeks I am resigning as a member of the U.S. Senate,” said Franken said on the Senate floor.

Franken commented on the recent national conversation over sexual assault, where numerous Hollywood celebrities, media executives, and government officials have been accused of sexual assault.

“A couple months ago I felt that we had entered an important moment in the history of this country. We finally listened to women.”

“Then the conversation turned to me,” Franken added.

He, however, denied many of the accusations brought against him by eight women.

“I also think that it gave some people the false impression that I did things I have not done,” the Minnesota Democrat charged. “Some things aren’t true, while others I remember very differently.”

Franken then turned his attention to President Donald Trump and Alabama’s senatorial candidate Judge Roy Moore who have both denied accusations of sexual assault and misconduct against them.

“I am leaving, while a man in the oval office has bragged about his sexual assault on tape,” Franken said of Trump. “While another man who has the full support of his Party,” Franken said, referring to Moore.

Franken’s office announced on Wednesday that the Minnesota senator would make an announcement Thursday.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) joined 30 of his fellow Democratic lawmakers calling on Franken to resign on Wednesday.

“I consider Senator Franken a dear friend and greatly respect his accomplishments, but he has a higher obligation to his constituents and the Senate, and he should step down immediately,” Schumer said in a short statement.

Female senators calling for Schumer’s ouster included Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY), Tammy Baldwin (D-WI), Maggie Hassan (D-NH), Kamala Harris (D-CA), Patty Murray (D-WA), Sens. Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND), and Claire McCaskill (D-MO).

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/07/sen-al-franken-will-resign-in-the-coming-weeks/

jimnyc
12-07-2017, 02:01 PM
No way in hell I would bail if I didn't do this shit. I don't care HOW MANY called on me to go.

---

Defiant Al Franken Blames Lying Women for His Resignation

In his defiant resignation speech late Thursday morning, disgraced U.S. Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) proclaimed himself the victim and blamed his fall from grace on the hurling of false accusations of sexual misconduct against him.

The only responsibility the belligerent and noticeably angry Franken seemed to want to accept is that “in responding to their claims, I also wanted to be respectful of that broader conversation[.]”

Responding in this way, he believes, is what cost him his Senate seat because it resulted in people getting the “false impression that I was admitting to doing things that I, in fact, haven’t done.”

He then came right out and declared some of his accusers liars, “Some of the allegations against me are simply not true. Others I remember very differently.”

Here is the full transcript of the relevant portion:

Then the conversation (about sexual misconduct) turned to me. Over the last few weeks a number of women have come forward to talk about how they felt my actions had affected them. I was shocked. I was upset. But in responding to their claims, I also wanted to be respectful of that broader conversation. Because all women deserve to heard and their experiences taken seriously. I think that was the right thing to do. I also think it gave some people the false impression that I was admitting to doing things that I, in fact, haven’t done. Some of the allegations against me are simply not true. Others I remember very differently.

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/07/disgraced-sen-al-franken-lying-left-wing-women-forced-resign/