PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cotton: Voters Will Be Ultimate Judge of Roy Moore — No ‘Trial by Newspaper’

jimnyc
12-07-2017, 02:07 PM
I know some, and not others, but some will say that this should apply to everyone. And to an extent it does. Like I say about so many other things, it needs to be done on a case by case basis. Just because one person resigns, doesn't mean everyone should. It depends on the merits/facts of the case. Is there actual provable facts? In this Moore case, I simply don't see them. Folks want him gone because of allegations, and that some Dems have been nailed and resigned. But Conyers was dead to rights and had it in paper. Franken, while denying, has at least one in photo, and at least one closer person to him claiming he harassed/abused. Each case is different. Simply prove it is all I ask, whether republican or democrat.

---

Tom Cotton: Voters Will Be Ultimate Judge of Roy Moore — No ‘Trial by Newspaper’

WASHINGTON (AP) — Sen. Tom Cotton says no one should be subjected to “trial by newspaper” on sexual harassment accusations like those against Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore or President Donald Trump.

The Arkansas Republican says in an Associated Press interview that such allegations should be decided on their merits.

Multiple women have accused Moore of sexual misconduct from decades ago when they were teenagers and he was a prosecutor in his 30s.

More than a dozen women accused Trump of sexual misconduct, and his voice was recorded by “Access Hollywood” boasting of touching women without their consent. Both men deny the accusations.

Cotton says that in Alabama’s election Tuesday, voters “are going to make that decision, just like the people of this country made their decision last year on Donald Trump.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/ap-interview-cotton-says-like-trump-voters-to-judge-moore/

STTAB
12-07-2017, 02:11 PM
If Moore wins he should immediately resign allowing the Governor of Alabama to replace him with a Republican who doesn't have the allegations. True or false the Dems are going to try to hang Moore even after he's won election.

jimnyc
12-07-2017, 02:12 PM
If Moore wins he should immediately resign allowing the Governor of Alabama to replace him with a Republican who doesn't have the allegations. True or false the Dems are going to try to hang Moore even after he's won election.

That's what I said in another thread. I think that may very well happen.