PDA

View Full Version : Tidalgate: Climate Alarmists Caught Faking Sea Level Rise

jimnyc
12-07-2017, 05:45 PM
This is why it's difficult for even the non-believers to ever believe anything. Because even when the remotest of things start to maye make on think - the scientists get caught cheating AGAIN!!!!

---

Tidalgate: Climate Alarmists Caught Faking Sea Level Rise

Alarmist scientists have been caught red-handed tampering with raw data in order to exaggerate sea level rise.

The raw (unadjusted) data from three Indian Ocean gauges – Aden, Karachi and Mumbai – showed that local sea level trends in the last 140 years had been very gently rising, neutral or negative (ie sea levels had fallen).

But after the evidence had been adjusted by tidal records gatekeepers at the global databank Permanent Service for Mean Sea Level (PSMSL) it suddenly showed a sharp and dramatic rise.

The whistle was blown by two Australian scientists Dr. Albert Parker and Dr. Clifford Ollier in a paper for Earth Systems and Environment.

The paper – Is the Sea Level Stable at Aden, Yemen? (https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s41748-017-0020-z) – examines the discrepancies between raw and adjusted sea level data in Aden, Karachi and Mumbai.

Kenneth Richard at No Tricks Zone reports: (http://notrickszone.com/2017/12/04/whistleblower-scientists-psmsl-data-adjusters-are-manufacturing-sea-level-rise-where-none-exists/#sthash.36S66JGp.GwyHQvD4.dpbs)

The authors expose how PSMSL data-adjusters make it appear that stable sea levels can be rendered to look like they are nonetheless rising at an accelerated pace.

The data-adjusters take misaligned and incomplete sea level data from tide gauges that show no sea level rise (or even a falling trend). Then, they subjectively and arbitrarily cobble them together, or realign them. In each case assessed, PSMSL data-adjusters lower the earlier misaligned rates and raise the more recent measurements. By doing so, they concoct a new linearly-rising trend.

Here is a before/after from Karachi:

https://i.imgur.com/1IqtIOc.png
https://i.imgur.com/l0xtzIB.png

The authors do not mince their words. They refer to these adjustments as “highly questionable” and “suspicious.”

That’s because they can find no plausible scientific explanation for the adjustments.

As they explain at the beginning of their paper, it is hard to put together consistent sea level records covering a long time period. This is because tide gauges are often the result of multiple sets of data, taken over different time periods using different instruments, which are then spliced together.

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/06/tidalgate-climate-alarmists-caught-faking-sea-level-rise/

pete311
12-07-2017, 10:12 PM
Peer review. It works. Good on them.

NightTrain
12-07-2017, 10:28 PM
100 years from now people will shake their heads and chuckle about the millions of idiots running around today claiming that the world is doomed.

It would be interesting to see how many trillions were wasted on bogus studies calling for more studies that called for more studies - at the taxpayer's expense, of course.

The power of groupthink on simple minds is amazing.

aboutime
12-07-2017, 10:32 PM
Politicians (nearly all Democrat/Al Gore Lovers) around here in the Hampton Roads, Norfolk, Virginia Beach area have been trying to spend Millions of Federal dollars to INVESTIGATE the tiny increases in Atlantic Ocean levels...when storms and high winds hit the area.
The original politicians from before the 1940's built up the area at SEA LEVEL, and today, they wonder why streets flood at High Tides during hurricane season, and NorEaster's.
Worst part is....there are so many Dependent Democrat Idiots (not in the military) around here who GET Welfare, Food Stamps, WIC, and every other Fed/State Handout...they haven't got the brains God gave to FLEA'S. So, they suck up the Lies.

pete311
12-07-2017, 11:56 PM
100 years from now people will shake their heads and chuckle about the millions of idiots running around today claiming that the world is doomed.

It would be interesting to see how many trillions were wasted on bogus studies calling for more studies that called for more studies - at the taxpayer's expense, of course.

The power of groupthink on simple minds is amazing.

If you think science is rubbish, do back to living in a cave. There are junk studies in every category of science. Yet, it still advances. huh.

LongTermGuy
12-08-2017, 12:13 AM
If you think science is rubbish, do back to living in a cave. There are junk studies in every category of science. Yet, it still advances. huh.

.....what kind of "science" ya talkin about......Paid... foaming at the mouth..agenda driven Liberal shills calling themselves scientist....and then have Lying CNN post the story as fact?:laugh:

Black Diamond
12-08-2017, 12:15 AM
.....what kind of "science" ya talkin about......Paid... foaming at the mouth..agenda driven Liberal shills calling themselves scientist....and then have Lying CNN post the story as fact?:laugh:
Pete will repost the cnn stories.

LongTermGuy
12-08-2017, 12:26 AM
Pete will repost the cnn stories.

:laugh:

https://i.imgflip.com/1pv4ja.jpg
http://truthfeed.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/KATE-bolduan-800x416.png

Pay attention....:clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POrOnFTzDu8

NightTrain
12-08-2017, 09:00 AM

I use science all day every day building state of the art communication networks in unbelievably harsh arctic conditions. Don't talk to me about embracing science, you little twerp.

I don't have patience for simpletons embracing junk science, something you do wholeheartedly with your love of the man-made global warming myth despite a mountain of evidence of bogus studies corrupted by those feeding off the government teat to continue their parasitic existence.

jimnyc
12-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Peer review. It works. Good on them.

Yes, as in peers reviewed it, and found out they lied, cheated and misrepresented their work. Good on them for getting caught doing so, like so many others before them. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
12-08-2017, 10:35 AM

They lied and faked their work. In the end, their work is what? ===== RUBBISH as in WORSE than useless.

pete311
12-08-2017, 11:08 AM
They lied and faked their work. In the end, their work is what? ===== RUBBISH as in WORSE than useless.

Yes and as I said it happens in every category of science. Reporting false studies in quantum mechanics just doesn't fit into your agenda.

jimnyc
12-08-2017, 11:18 AM
Yes and as I said it happens in every category of science. Reporting false studies in quantum mechanics just doesn't fit into your agenda.

Hell, I don't have an agenda. I just like to read and learn, and how what I'm reading is facts and the truth. Climate science has grown hugely in the past 20 years or so. Folks want to know what is going on, is there "really" the end of the world down the line, some sort of climate change that will overflow our waters, make icebergs disappear, certain wildlife's go die out and go extinct....

But lying doesn't help advance. And perhaps it does happen in other categories, but you have a habit of bringing in other topics/posts or whatever where they don't belong. We're talking about climate change here. And in the past year alone, a lot of "fake" and made up crap has made its way across the articles and learning for me.

For me, it's just a learning experience. But truthfully, I'm not sure I really believe much of it. I DO believe that of course there are climate changes occurring. But at this point, I'm of the belief that it's normal, cyclical, changes that seem to have been happening since the beginning of time.

pete311
12-08-2017, 11:31 AM
I'm of the belief that it's normal, cyclical, changes that seem to have been happening since the beginning of time.

This is important. What makes you believe that human activity can't affect global temperatures? Is it simply a gut feeling? Is that a rational stance rational?

jimnyc
12-08-2017, 11:34 AM
This is important. What makes you believe that human activity can't affect global temperatures? Is it simply a gut feeling? Is that a rational stance rational?

Oh, I'm not saying that it "can't". I really don't know, way too little data and way too little time to make those statements, for me anyway.

But COULD IT? I don't know. The earth, the universe, is an awfully large place out there. While the gut feeling is there of course, but then there is lack of data for me, or at least data that drops me off my chair.

pete311
12-08-2017, 11:37 AM
Oh, I'm not saying that it "can't". I really don't know, way too little data and way too little time to make those statements, for me anyway.

But COULD IT? I don't know. The earth, the universe, is an awfully large place out there. While the gut feeling is there of course, but then there is lack of data for me, or at least data that drops me off my chair.

Bingo Jim, I love you. Thank you for saying you don't know. That is all I ask. Obviously there is a problem with trusting experts, but at least you have an open mind. I respect that!!!

jimnyc
12-08-2017, 11:43 AM
Bingo Jim, I love you. Thank you for saying you don't know. That is all I ask. Obviously there is a problem with trusting experts, but at least you have an open mind. I respect that!!!

Don't act like it's a victory of sorts because I say I don't know. That's just it, YOU don't know either, NOR do these so called lifetime scientific experts. To date, nothing of firm proof has been found to date to show that climate change by humans is "factual".

LongTermGuy
12-08-2017, 12:17 PM

​Human activity is NOTHING compared to Natures Natural activity..not even close..

Democrat (Liberal) mind-set says.... `it is important to blame Human activity`

Translation: To cause fear and worry and to raise more money to push its Global..Leftist agenda in general

https://media.giphy.com/media/r5gHt2TCIiHK0/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/26tOXmOdkwIXROPAs/giphy.gif

pete311
12-08-2017, 04:11 PM
​Human activity is NOTHING compared to Natures Natural activity..not even close..

Democrat (Liberal) mind-set says.... `it is important to blame Human activity`

Translation: To cause fear and worry and to raise more money to push its Global..Leftist agenda in general

Show me the data that volcano's are the cause of what we are seeing, don't just post some gifs.

LongTermGuy
12-08-2017, 04:29 PM
Show me the data that volcano's are the cause of what we are seeing, don't just post some gifs.

What I noticed about Liberals..They are lazy When they get pressed...They go on a ("show me binge) for simple common sense information that is already out there and want others to do work for them and tie them up with horse-shit endless questions...

Go ahead pete...go find something on CCN or the leftist sites...:rolleyes:

Gunny
12-08-2017, 04:35 PM
If you think science is rubbish, do back to living in a cave. There are junk studies in every category of science. Yet, it still advances. huh.Science accidentally advances IN SPITE of the junk science that completely overwhelms and encompasses the scientific community.

pete311
12-08-2017, 04:48 PM
Science accidentally advances IN SPITE of the junk science that completely overwhelms and encompasses the scientific community.

You have no qualifications to make such a claim

Gunny
12-08-2017, 04:51 PM
You have no qualifications to make such a claimSure I do. I can read. Even beyond the sheeple level you stop at. To the part where you lefties LOVE to put out false reports and stats, and flip-flop between scientific theory and actual science when theory is just that. A guess. When used dishonestly as scientific fact it then is a lie.

I passed science in school back when they actually taught it, junior.

Russ
12-08-2017, 05:39 PM

I don't think that science is rubbish, but I do think that most scientists are grant-money-grubbing posers and liars that would say anything that would help them get their next grant. I also think that scientists that say anything against climate change are instantly attacked by a mob of scientists that are worried about their next grant.

I'm reminded of the scientists from a couple of decades ago that were warning the world how a global freeze was on the way. And they were so sure at the time....

Gunny
12-08-2017, 05:44 PM
I don't think that science is rubbish, but I do think that most scientists are grant-money-grubbing posers and liars that would say anything that would help them get their next grant. I also think that scientists that say anything against climate change are instantly attacked by a mob of scientists that are worried about their next grant.

I'm reminded of the scientists from a couple of decades ago that were warning the world how a global freeze was on the way. And they were so sure at the time....

THAT's a no-shitter

aboutime
12-08-2017, 05:48 PM

petey. Compared to actual, natural forces of the Earth, and Atmosphere, with the rotation of the Earth in 24 hour cycles, and 365 day cycles to go around our Sun. Human activity is like One Person, having the power to change the seasons with a COUGH.

Of course, human activity plays a tiny part in nature, but not to the extent those Al Gore money hungry, say anything for a Buck because they claim to be so highly educated, scientists do.

Let's put it this way, since you INSIST so much here. PROVE EVERYTHING you have said is true, factual, real, and Honest. You sound so typically liberal, insisting that only YOU are right, while everybody else is talkin' out their butts. Truth is Scientists do it all the time.

mundame
12-08-2017, 10:54 PM

It's rubbish when they turn it into politics. I remember when it started, as a hate-Bush thing. If you didn't believe in global warming you were for Bush; if you did believe in global warming, you were on the side of the angels.

Naturally, nothing good came of all this and right-thinking people have dismissed it all as some crazy ersatz leftist religion by now, and I think that is exactly what it is.

mundame
12-08-2017, 10:58 PM

Are you kidding? *I* was so sure at the time! That was the 1970s, remember it well, only yesterday, and the scientists were carrying on and on about ICE AGE COMING in the most important journals.

I totally believed them because I was young and naïve and they were the holy ....scientist priests, see.

Now I'm only naïve, not young. I'm getting there, slowly.

The ice age coming soon. Migod, I was so worried.

What I really learned from that was not to predict the future or to credit anyone who does. Because they are always wrong.