PDA

View Full Version : How men should respond to #MeToo

tailfins
12-09-2017, 12:38 AM
The treatment of James Damore by Google shows us the the gender in the workplace discussion is not a friendly discussion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google%27s_Ideological_Echo_Chamber

Where does that leave us? It means making sure that the discussions/actions are done in a way protected by law. For example, I contend that the #MeToo movement creates an environment that's hostile to men. So does the phrase "toxic masculinity". Raising a concern of a hostile environment based on gender is an EEOC protected activity. In other words, don't be philosophical, but be LEGAL.

LongTermGuy
12-09-2017, 02:12 AM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/aslL-bfWRUg/maxresdefault.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-09-2017, 08:24 AM
Problem now is that guilt is assume first, when an accusation is launched.
That too oft punishment starts even before any real evidence is presented...
And if one is going back decades , lying is easy to do and hard to prove.
Thus a person's word should be very suspect if no other proof is offered.
However, seems to me that, enough proof has been offered in most of these high profile cases the media
now so very happily provide for public consumption.
I think this feasting primarily on their own is part of a much larger agenda with these lib/dems...
In that they are trying to build a case for impeaching Trump on his past decades of pretty much being a womanizer....
A womanizer by definition is not a man that harasses females. It is a guy that dates lots of women and each one is a very willing partner in the dating.. I should know, since once I qualified for that label in spades.. Now in a moral, Christian view such is reprehensible way of life but nothing was illegal or criminal in any way about it.
Asking a pretty woman for a date is not harassment unless one does it repeatedly even when given a firm answer of no.
I had a rule I never broke-I asked ever so politely and if the lady said no I never asked again..
Pretty simple and worked like a dream, since the vast sea was full of pretty gals that were willing and were decent ladies with great character.

Now they want to blur the line between innocent and normal flirtation, willing acceptance by women and what is known to be true
sexual harassment ........
Of note is this-- THE DEMS/LIBS never eat their own out of a sense of moral principles and/or decency!!!
This media storm has a goal and its to impeach Trump and/or to be used to garner women's vote 'for the dem party candidate in the next Presidential election --and that with the likelihood of the dem party running a female for the office again!
Which if you think about it , makes some sense of this ravenous witch hunt, IMHO.. -Tyr

High_Plains_Drifter
12-09-2017, 09:11 AM
I think if some guy grabbed some woman's hooters or rear end, twenty, thirty, or even FORTY YEARS AGO, those women might as well keep quiet about it. If they've REALLY been grabbed, or God forbid worse, then they need to speak out IMMEDIATELY, RIGHT THEN AND THERE, and let the chips fall where they may. But this supposed holding it in for DECADES just doesn't pass the smell test to me. They could be telling the truth, but then it's just way to easy to lie also because after that much time has passed, there's no way these women can ever prove they're telling the truth. So why bring it up, well, TO RUIN SOMEONE... and that's what it looks like to me.

On the other side of that coin, you can't tell me that there isn't women that have GRABBED MEN. I've seen it, I've had it happen to me. The thing about that is, most men are happy the women are saving them the trouble. They see it in a completely different way so nothing is ever said about it... but it does happen... and it's no different than a man touching a woman.

So what it really boils down to is the touching or whatever "welcomed." It puts men in a tougher situation than women because they're the ones all but expected to be the aggressor in a relationship, ya snooze ya lose, she's been waiting for you to make a move, but God forbid they read a woman's signals wrong and chance a hand somewhere intimate, well, there goes their reputation, their goes their life, they're now branded a SEXUAL PREDATOR.

So IDK... this is a tough situation, very complicated I think.

pete311
12-09-2017, 09:17 AM
I think if some guy grabbed some woman's hooters or rear end, twenty, thirty, or even FORTY YEARS AGO, those women might as well keep quiet about it. If they've REALLY been grabbed, or God forbid worse, then they need to speak out IMMEDIATELY, RIGHT THEN AND THERE, and let the chips fall where they may. But this supposed holding it in for DECADES just doesn't pass the smell test to me. They could be telling the truth, but then it's just way to easy to lie also because after that much time has passed, there's no way these women can ever prove they're telling the truth. So why bring it up, well, TO RUIN SOMEONE... and that't what it looks like to me.

Then you don't understand the issue. There is a power dynamic. Especially in the 70s and 80s. If your job is on the line, you might keep quiet. Even today you see an effort to smear these women. They have nothing to gain but humiliation.

High_Plains_Drifter
12-09-2017, 09:35 AM
Then you don't understand the issue. There is a power dynamic. Especially in the 70s and 80s. If your job is on the line, you might keep quiet. Even today you see an effort to smear these women. They have nothing to gain but humiliation.
I understand completely.

I agree there probably was a "power dynamic," as you call it, years ago, maybe even recently, but that wasn't applicable in EVERY situation. Your blanket statement isn't legitimate. Waiting DECADES to claim you were groped is highly questionable.

And also to claim that, "they have NOTHING, *NOTHING*, to gain but HUMILIATION," is almost comical, and so not true. Only a true POS would HUMILIATE a woman for coming forward after she's been touched inappropriately or worse and it was unwelcome... you know... by someone like HITLERY and her BIMBO ERUPTION SQUAD to PROTECT her sexual predator husband.

So you see, yes I do understand. I think it might be you who doesn't.

tailfins
12-09-2017, 09:40 AM

They have plenty to gain: A cash payout, not being held accountable as an incompetent employee, revenge for not being promoted, and much more.

pete311
12-09-2017, 10:07 AM
They have plenty to gain: A cash payout, not being held accountable as an incompetent employee, revenge for not being promoted, and much more.

Proof of your claims please

High_Plains_Drifter
12-09-2017, 10:23 AM
Proof they have "NOTHING BUT HUMILIATION" to gain please.

tailfins
12-09-2017, 10:32 AM

Just read dismissed sexual harassment lawsuits for numerous examples. You can look them up yourself or pay me $100 per hour to do the research.