PDA

View Full Version : CNN exclusive: Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand calls on Trump to resign

jimnyc
12-11-2017, 04:45 PM
I suppose shortly I'll add this onto the other thread? Looks like they want to turn the burners up on Trump.

---

CNN exclusive: Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand calls on Trump to resign

(CNN)Democratic Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York told CNN on Monday that President Donald Trump should resign over allegations of sexual assault.

"President Trump has committed assault, according to these women, and those are very credible allegations of misconduct and criminal activity, and he should be fully investigated and he should resign," Gillibrand told CNN's Christiane Amanpour in an exclusive interview.

"These allegations are credible; they are numerous, " said Gillibrand, a leading voice in Congress for combating sexual assault in the military. "I've heard these women's testimony, and many of them are heartbreaking."

If he does not "immediately resign," she said, Congress "should have appropriate investigations of his behavior and hold him accountable."

Responding to UN Ambassador Nikki Haley saying Sunday that Trump's accusers "should be heard," Gillibrand said, "Not only should women be heard, but they should be believed."

Rest - http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/politics/trump-resign-gillibrand-sexual-assault/index.html

Women detail sexual allegations against Trump

Washington (CNN)A group of women who have publicly accused President Donald Trump of sexual harassment and assault detailed their accounts of being groped, fondled and forcibly kissed by the businessman-turned-politician at a news conference on Monday.

"This was serial misconduct and perversion on the part of Mr. Trump. Unfortunately, this behavior isn't rare in our society, and people of all backgrounds can be victims. The only reason I am here today is that this offender is now the President of our country," said Rachel Crooks, a former Bayrock Group receptionist who accused Trump of kissing her on the mouth without her consent in 2005.

Samantha Holvey, the former Miss North Carolina 2006 who has accused Trump of inspecting beauty pageant contestants, and Jessica Leeds, who has accused the President of grabbing her chest and attempting to move his hand up her skirt on a flight, also sat with Crooks at Monday's event.

The firsthand accounts come as a public conversation on sexual assault and harassment -- spurred by a series of accusations against high-profile figures in politics, Hollywood and journalism -- rages throughout the United States. Brave New Films, a production company that realized a film on the women who have accused Trump of sexual assault, hosted the event.

At least 15 women have come forward with accusations against Trump ranging from sexual harassment and misconduct to sexual assault, including unwanted kissing and groping. All the alleged incidents took place prior to his assuming the presidency.

Rest - http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/politics/donald-trump-women-allegations/index.html

Donald Trump's #metoo moment is here

(CNN)On Monday morning, a trio of women -- Rachel Crooks, Samantha Holvey and Jessica Leeds -- went on Megyn Kelly's NBC show to reiterate allegations of sexual misconduct against President Donald Trump that they first aired during the 2016 presidential campaign.

"We're private citizens and for us to put ourselves out there to try to show America who this man is and especially how he views women and for them to say, we don't care ... it hurt," Holvey told Kelly about how the allegations against Trump were handled during the 2016 campaign. "It's just like, all right, let's try round two. The environment's different. Let's try again."

Kelly read a statement from the White House responding to the allegations.

"These false claims, totally disputed in most cases by eyewitness accounts, were addressed at length during last year's campaign, and the American people voiced their judgment by delivering a decisive victory," according to the White House. The statement dismissed the allegations as part of a "publicity tour" and said they were driven by "political motives."

The environment today is very different from even a year ago. Beginning with movie mogul Harvey Weinstein and continuing all the way through this morning's revelations regarding celebrity chef Mario Batali, the culture has been rocked by a seemingly unending series of allegations -- and, in many cases, admissions -- of boorish and potentially criminal behavior by men toward women.

The #metoo movement forced the resignations of three members of Congress -- Reps. Trent Franks, the Arizona Republican and John Conyers, the Michigan Democrat; as well as Sen. Al Franken, the Minnesota Democrat -- in the last week alone. And on Tuesday, Roy Moore, the Alabama Republican Senate nominee, will face voters after more than a month of coverage of allegations regarding his pursuit of teenage girls when he was in his 30s. Moore has denied all of the allegations.

Remember that in the wake of the "Access Hollywood" tape -- in which Trump tells host Billy Bush that when you are rich, you can do whatever you want to women -- more than a dozen women came forward alleging that Trump had sexually harassed them or behaved inappropriately toward them. (At least 13 women have come forward with accusations about Trump; The Washington Post details who they are, and what they are alleging, here.)

During the campaign, Trump was broadly dismissive of all the allegations -- and the women making them.

"As you have seen, I am a victim of one of the great political smear campaigns in the history of our country," Trump said at a North Carolina rally in mid-October 2016. "They are coming after me to try and destroy what is considered by even them the greatest movement in the history of our country."

Into this maelstrom comes this re-examination of the allegations against Trump -- and the President's response to them.

Rest - http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/politics/donald-trump-metoo-analysis/index.html

Gunny
12-11-2017, 04:57 PM
Gillibrand should resign. Guilty until proven innocent is her motto. She's one of the ringleaders of the witchhunt. When in doubt, it's sexual misconduct by the male.

jimnyc
12-11-2017, 05:01 PM
Gillibrand should resign. Guilty until proven innocent is her motto. She's one of the ringleaders of the witchhunt. When in doubt, it's sexual misconduct by the male.

I grew so tired of her crap here in New York, along with a few others I might add.

Gunny
12-11-2017, 05:22 PM
I grew so tired of her crap here in New York, along with a few others I might add.Same club. Note that she is the Senate blabbermouth for sexual misconduct in the military. Had my fill of her.

High_Plains_Drifter
12-11-2017, 05:59 PM
WTF is wrong with these people?

Do we REALLY need a Civil War II?

aboutime
12-12-2017, 04:39 PM
Sounds like Gillibrand is taking the petey method. She's jealous nobody is talking about her because she ISN'T WORTH anyone wasting their time on any kind of assault.
Petey loves this kind of stuff. It reminds him of the hypocrisy he practices, driving any,
and all attention from what he knows to be GUILT...nobody is supposed to know about him.

Gunny
12-12-2017, 08:53 PM
WTF is wrong with these people?

Do we REALLY need a Civil War II?I say if they somehow manage to impeach Trump and remove him from office, it will come. That will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

The Dems are playing a dangerous game going for blood just because they lost an election.

Black Diamond
12-12-2017, 10:22 PM
Gldebrand defended Clinton. She should stop. And trump isn't going anywhere