PDA

View Full Version : Trump invites Doug Jones to the White House

jimnyc
12-13-2017, 05:37 PM
Does anyone think for real, for a moment, that Obama would have called up the Republican winner of this contest and invited him to the white house? Especially after a tough campaign? I don't think so, I'm sorry. I don't even think he makes that gracious call.

That was cool of Trump to do so, whether accepted or not. But again, congrats to Jones from being the underdog to swooping in and grabbing the seat.

---

Trump invites Doug Jones to the White House

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump invited Democratic Senator-elect Doug Jones to the White House in a congratulatory phone call, Jones said Wednesday.

Jones, elected Tuesday to be a US senator from Alabama after defeating Republican Roy Moore, said it was "a very gracious call," from the President and that he "very much appreciated it."

"He congratulated me and my staff on the way and the matter in which we handled this campaign and went forward," Jones said. "And we talked about finding that common ground to work together, and he invited me over to the White House to visit just as soon as I get up there."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/13/politics/doug-jones-donald-trump-white-house/index.html

Black Diamond
12-13-2017, 05:40 PM
He has tried with both sides of the aisle. To not much avail.

mundame
12-13-2017, 10:18 PM
Trump is trying to co-opt Jones, and why not? Jones is going to represent a normally Republican state, so it is in his interest to be seen friendly with Trump. Good move.

High_Plains_Drifter
12-13-2017, 10:27 PM
President Trump isn't intimidated by any of these people. I figure he wants a chance to talk with him so he can get an idea what's in his head, is he a complete leftist hack, or is he willing to think about compromise on something? Maybe let the guy meet the president and get his own first impression before Chuckie Cheese and Nance the geriatric hippie pump his head full of TDS.

Smart move on the president's part, I'd probably do the same thing.

Like they say, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer."