PDA

View Full Version : Trump praises law enforcement after slamming FBI

jimnyc
12-15-2017, 12:22 PM
Oh please, CNN will make him hypocritical. He's rightfully not happy about the FBI right now. And rightfully praises law enforcement.

---

Trump praises law enforcement after slamming FBI

(CNN)President Donald Trump praised law enforcement on Friday when he addressed a graduation at the FBI National Academy on Friday in Quantico, Virginia for state, local and international law enforcement trainees.

Trump cast himself as the best friend law enforcement could have in the White House, praising local law enforcement as "really heroes to all of us."

At times, Trump lumped FBI agents in with his praise, despite the fact that he has said the FBI is in "tatters" and urged FBI Director Christopher Wray to "clean house."

"I am here not only to congratulate you, but to honor you for your courage and for your devotion and I want you to know that with me as your president, America's police will have a true friend and loyal champion in the White House, more loyal than anyone else can be," Trump said.

"I have so many friends that are police officers, so many people in the FBI, these are great, great people. These are really heroes to all of us," he said.

"The President of the United States has your back, 100%," he added.

Rest - http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/15/politics/donald-trump-fbi-national-academy/index.html

jimnyc
12-15-2017, 12:58 PM
Some may think this is just a personal issue between Trump and the FBI. It's not, a lot of people around the nation are pissed about this as well. People want to be able to trust our intelligence agencies.

---

On His Way to Address FBI Academy Grads, Trump Says People Are 'Very Angry' at FBI

(CNSNews.com) - President Donald Trump stopped to speak to reporters on his way out of the White House on Friday, criticizing the FBI on his way to speak to graduates of the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia.

"It's a shame what's happened with the FBI," Trump said. "Everybody, not me, everybody, the level of anger at what they've been witnessing with respect to the FBI is certainly very sad."

Later, asked if he would consider a pardon for Michael Flynn, his former national security adviser, Trump replied:

“I don't want to talk about pardons for Michael Flynn yet. We'll see what happens. Let's see. I can say this: When you look at what's going on with the FBI and with the Justice Department, people are very, very angry."

Trump was referring to press reports and recently revealed text messages showing a strong pro-Clinton/anti-Trump bias among certain FBI agents assigned at one time to the Trump-Russia investigation.

Republicans in Congress have raised numerous other conflict-of-issue concerns regarding Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Trump-Russia "coordination" investigation as well as former FBI Director James Comey's apparent agreement to soften the language in his announcement regarding the non-prosecution of Hillary Clinton.

Trump addressed the collusion issue on Friday morning, too:

"There is absolutely no collusion," the president insisted. "That has been proven. When you look at the committees, whether it's the Senate or the House, everybody -- my worst enemies -- they walk out, they say, ‘There is no collusion but we'll continue to look.

“They're spending millions and millions of dollars; there is absolutely no collusion. I didn't make a phone call to Russia, I have nothing to do with Russia. Everybody knows it. That was a Democrat hoax -- it was an excuse for losing the election, and it should never have been this way. "

Trump said it's time to "get back to running a country."

He also noted that the ongoing investigations have found evidence of a "rigged system" on the part of the Clinton team.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/his-way-address-fbi-academy-grads-trump-says-people-are-very-angry-fbi