PDA

View Full Version : Trump Doesn’t Rule Out Pardon For Flynn

jimnyc
12-15-2017, 03:38 PM
Well, that all happened real quickly! For a few hours there I bet Flynn felt a little better, but then the rug...

---

Trump Doesn’t Rule Out Pardon For Flynn

President Donald Trump refused Friday to rule out pardoning former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn.

“I don’t want to talk about pardons for Michael Flynn yet. We’ll see what happens. Let’s see,” Trump responded when asked if he’d consider a pardon for Flynn. “I’ll say this: when you look at what’s gone on with the FBI and the Justice Department, people are very, very angry.”

Trump’s comments came before he boarded Marine One to travel to Quantico, Virginia, where he will participate in an FBI National Academy graduation ceremony.

Flynn served in the Trump administration before being pushed out in February for lying to Vice President Mike Pence about phone calls with the Russian ambassador to the U.S.

Flynn recently pleaded guilty to lying to federal officials about these December 2016 phone calls.

Trump has already issued the first pardon of his presidency to former Maricopa County, Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Arpaio, like Flynn, supported Trump during the presidential campaign.

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/15/trump-doesnt-rule-out-pardon-for-flynn/

But less than 3 hours later....

Trump Attorney Walks Back, Says No Consideration Of Flynn Pardon

White House attorney Ty Cobb said Friday that there is no consideration of a pardon for former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn after Trump refused to rule out the possibility.

“There is no consideration being given to pardoning Michael Flynn at the White House,” Cobb said, according to CNN reporter Jim Acosta.

Earlier Friday, Trump was asked by a reporter whether he would pardon Flynn, who has pleaded guilty to lying to federal officials about the content of his phone calls with the Russian envoy to the U.S.

“I don’t want to talk about pardons for Michael Flynn yet. We’ll see what happens. Let’s see,” Trump said before boarding Marine One. “I can say this: When you look at what’s gone on with the FBI and with the Justice Department, people are very, very angry.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/15/trump-attorney-walks-back-says-no-consideration-of-flynn-pardon/