PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like I Messed Up Another Thread...

High_Plains_Drifter
12-17-2017, 12:17 PM
The you won't believe what Amazon did now thread I started is all messed up. I attempted to copy and paste the email I got from Amazon but apparently doing so with the coding just locked up the thread. I can't see the post or delete it. I'm getting good at screwing things up I guess. The board has been glitchy for me. I've also been getting notifications from chrome that "debatepolicy can't be reached." Then refresh the page a few times and it pops back on.

Am I the only one?

Abbey Marie
12-17-2017, 12:29 PM
Logging in about 5 minutes ago was weird for me. I was able to log in, but only got a filmy bluish screen. Come to think of it, I might have been on the Amazon thread...

Abbey Marie
12-17-2017, 12:30 PM
Yup, it's that thread. Still can't see it. Maybe you can start a new version?

High_Plains_Drifter
12-17-2017, 12:40 PM
Logging in about 5 minutes ago was weird for me. I was able to log in, but only got a filmy bluish screen. Come to think of it, I might have been on the Amazon thread...
Yup, that's what I see. I can't even see the thread now.

I had no idea copy and pasting including the formatting would do that. I'll have to remember to paste as plain text from now on. I have copy and pasted before using the formatting, but if it looked too weird was able to use the "remove format" button to straighten it outl

jimnyc
12-17-2017, 12:45 PM
Gonna make a post in the announcement section in a few minutes. I couldn't salvage it unfortunately.

jimnyc
12-17-2017, 01:07 PM
Yo, Mr. Drifter....

Go back to the same thing you did of copying the entire page, but this time copy it all into a text document on your desktop first, and then re-copy that again, and then post it in a new thread here to continue what was lost. :)

Abbey Marie
12-17-2017, 02:36 PM
Yup, that's what I see. I can't even see the thread now.

I had no idea copy and pasting including the formatting would do that. I'll have to remember to paste as plain text from now on. I have copy and pasted before using the formatting, but if it looked too weird was able to use the "remove format" button to straighten it outl

I always copy my text “as is”. I guess I’ve been lucky. I should do plain text too.

jimnyc
12-17-2017, 02:39 PM
I always copy my text “as is”. I guess I’ve been lucky. I should do plain text too.

Keep in mind, once the plain text is here on the board, then the poster is free to do with the text what they want, with the utilities provided here with vbulletin.