PDA

View Full Version : Trump transition accuses Mueller of 'unlawfully' obtaining emails

jimnyc
12-17-2017, 02:09 PM
Trump transition accuses Mueller of 'unlawfully' obtaining emails

Washington (CNN)Lawyers representing the Trump presidential transition wrote to members of Congress accusing special counsel Robert Mueller of obtaining unauthorized access to tens of thousands of transition emails, including what they claim to be documents protected by attorney-client privilege.

The transition maintains the emails, which were on a government domain, were its property and should not have been handed over without its approval.

The emails in question involve 13 transition officials, including four senior ones, according to the letter.

The lawyer, Kory Langhofer, wrote to leaders of the Senate Homeland Security and House Oversight and Government Reform committees because he said the General Services Administration, which supports presidential transitions, "unlawfully produced" private materials of the transition although the GSA "did not own or control the records in question."

Rest - http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/16/politics/special-counsel-robert-mueller-transition-emails-letter/index.html

High_Plains_Drifter
12-17-2017, 04:17 PM
Ya know... SOMEBODY is telling the president to just BE COOL, and let US HANDLE IT. The man has to be very savy, otherwise he wouldn't be a BILLIONAIRE and PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. He has to also have some of the best lawyers money can buy. I'd love to be a mouse in the corner and hear what they talk about when it comes to all this going on with the fake dossier, uranium one, Mueller, on and on. I'd venture a guess that they're actually confident that sooner or later, they're going to HANG these corrupt democrats.

I'm PRAYING they do. This scandal is of the scale to put all other corruption scandals in the history of America COMBINED to shame.

pete311
12-17-2017, 04:23 PM
Trump transition team charges Mueller obtained emails improperly, but legal experts challenge those claims
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mueller-unlawfully-obtained-emails-trump-transition-team-says/2017/12/16/6162f350-e2cc-11e7-8679-a9728984779c_story.html

High_Plains_Drifter
12-17-2017, 04:45 PM
Trump transition team charges Mueller obtained emails improperly, but legal experts challenge those claims
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mueller-unlawfully-obtained-emails-trump-transition-team-says/2017/12/16/6162f350-e2cc-11e7-8679-a9728984779c_story.html

“When we have obtained emails in the course of our ongoing criminal investigation, we have secured either the account owner’s consent or appropriate criminal process,” said Peter Carr, a spokesman for Mueller’s office.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lawyer, Kory Langhofer, wrote to leaders of the Senate Homeland Security and House Oversight and Government Reform committees because he said the General Services Administration, which supports presidential transitions, "unlawfully produced" private materials of the transition although the GSA "did not own or control the records in question."

Sorry.

Gunny
12-17-2017, 04:48 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mueller-unlawfully-obtained-emails-trump-transition-team-says/2017/12/16/6162f350-e2cc-11e7-8679-a9728984779c_story.htmlYou dump on Pirro and Hannity in one post, and follow it with an argument you support with the Washington Post as your source in the next thread. Pot? Kettle?

Your "defense's" posture sounds a LOT like lawyer-speak which is code for bullshit.

The one thing I DO agree with is that ANY expectation of privacy in this COUNTRY (not just where .gov is the suffix) is just dreaming. For all I know some asshat (who HAS to be REALLY bored) is looking in my 2nd story bedroom window with a drone recording keystrokes. Well, except where I live the USAF would shoot it down :laugh:. The point remains.

pete311
12-17-2017, 04:51 PM
You dump on Pirro and Hannity in one post, and follow it with an argument you support with the Washington Post as your source in the next thread. Pot? Kettle?

Your "defense's" posture sounds a LOT like lawyer-speak which is code for bullshit.

The one thing I DO agree with is that ANY expectation of privacy in this COUNTRY (not just where .gov is the suffix) is just dreaming. For all I know some asshat (who HAS to be REALLY bored) is looking in my 2nd story bedroom window with a drone recording keystrokes. Well, except where I live the USAF would shoot it down :laugh:. The point remains.

You suddenly now trust CNN? Or do you want to dump on Jim now?

LongTermGuy
12-17-2017, 04:52 PM
Ya know... SOMEBODY is telling the president to just BE COOL, and let US HANDLE IT. The man has to be very savy, otherwise he wouldn't be a BILLIONAIRE and PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. He has to also have some of the best lawyers money can buy. I'd love to be a mouse in the corner and hear what they talk about when it comes to all this going on with the fake dossier, uranium one, Mueller, on and on. I'd venture a guess that they're actually confident that sooner or later, they're going to HANG these corrupt democrats.

I'm PRAYING they do. This scandal is of the scale to put all other corruption scandals in the history of America COMBINED to shame.

Trump and company got it handled.....and are communicating with "sane" Americans about the deceitful cancer of Liberalism and their blind...deaf and dumb Lemmings..

Gunny
12-17-2017, 04:54 PM
You suddenly now trust CNN? Or do you want to dump on Jim now?Why would I trust CNN? I take ALL media reports with a grain of salt and skepticism. Even my clock is right twice a day :)

pete311
12-17-2017, 05:00 PM
Why would I trust CNN? I take ALL media reports with a grain of salt and skepticism. Even my clock is right twice a day :)

Look at the first post Gunny. Jim sourced CNN on the story. So you think the story is bogus?

btw, it's funny how Trump wanted all of Hillary's emails released, but when it comes to his, the story changes. It's a lot of huff and puff over nothing if he's got nothing to hide right?

High_Plains_Drifter
12-17-2017, 05:05 PM
Look at the first post Gunny. Jim sourced CNN on the story. So you think the story is bogus?

btw, it's funny how Trump wanted all of Hillary's emails released, but when it comes to his, the story changes. It's a lot of huff and puff over nothing if he's got nothing to hide right?
Hitlery's emails were on an illegal server.

President Trump's weren't.

Hitlery's server was hacked, amidst selling our uranium to the Russians while Secretary of State.

President Trump hasn't broken any laws, or sold out America.

Hitlery deleted 33,000 emails AFTER they were all subpoenaed.

President Trump didn't.

Your arguments are always rudimentary bull shit.

Why?

del
12-18-2017, 08:55 PM
Trump transition accuses Mueller of 'unlawfully' obtaining emails

Washington (CNN)Lawyers representing the Trump presidential transition wrote to members of Congress accusing special counsel Robert Mueller of obtaining unauthorized access to tens of thousands of transition emails, including what they claim to be documents protected by attorney-client privilege.

The transition maintains the emails, which were on a government domain, were its property and should not have been handed over without its approval.

The emails in question involve 13 transition officials, including four senior ones, according to the letter.

Rest - http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/16/politics/special-counsel-robert-mueller-transition-emails-letter/index.html

if he had a case, he'd bring it to court.

he obviously doesn't, so he's trying to inflame the monkeys that make up the republican majority and their supporters.

there's a real challenge :laugh: