PDA

View Full Version : Report: Four Senators Want Al Franken to Reconsider His Resignation

jimnyc
12-18-2017, 02:09 PM
Sure, condemn him when appropriate, use it to then go after Trump.... then when no one is looking, tell him to UN-resign? I don't think so.

--

Report: Four Senators Want Al Franken to Reconsider His Resignation

At least four senators want Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) to rethink his resignation from Congress, including two senators who issued statements calling for Franken to step down two weeks ago, according to a report.

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV), one of the senators who did not call for Franken to resign from Congress until he went through an Ethics Committee investigation, said what the Democrats did to Franken was “atrocious” and “hypocritical.”

“What they did to Al was atrocious, the Democrats,” Manchin told Politico. “The most hypocritical thing I’ve ever seen done to a human being — and then have enough guts to sit on the floor, watch him give his speech and go over and hug him? That’s hypocrisy at the highest level I’ve ever seen in my life. Made me sick.”

Other senators privately said that they think calling for Franken’s resignation was premature.

Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT), who publicly called for the Minnesota Democrat to step down, told Franken privately that he regrets his statement.

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/12/18/report-four-senators-want-al-franken-reconsider-resignation/

Black Diamond
12-18-2017, 02:20 PM
I am in the minority. But I disagree with him being forced to resign. But I also can't stand hypocrisy. Which is being demonstrated.

mundame
12-18-2017, 03:09 PM
I agree with Black Diamond: I never thought he should resign. This whole business is madness. We've got a mass hysteria going and I don't think it should be encouraged.

AND --------- I wondered when he "resigned" but didn't really, effective date months away...........

I kind of saw this coming, that he might hope to wait out the storm and unresign. Might work. We'll see if this hysteria passes by soon. It may not, but it may burn out.

High_Plains_Drifter
12-18-2017, 03:18 PM
I knew he never intended to resign anyway. I'd have given you 100 to 1 odds.

He did, however, get his chance to stand up and trash president Trump, which now that the dems want diaper boy to stay, they can't use this molester tactic on the president... that's done.

aboutime
12-18-2017, 04:23 PM
I have never liked Franken. Right from the beginning of his run for the Senate. I knew about his phony record, and hypocrisy.
And here's why...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Al_Franken_Show#The_O'Franken_Factor

The Al Franken Show was the flagship talk show of the former talk radio network, Air America Radio. Hosted by Al Franken, it featured commentary and interviews arguing for left-wing positions on the issues of the day, and comically poking fun at the George W. Bush Administration. The show began as The O'Franken Factor on March 31, 2004. Between January 3, 2006, and February 14, 2007, the show was recorded and broadcast from the 28th floor of the historic Foshay Tower in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota.

He was a hypocrite then, and has never changed.