PDA

View Full Version : The BEST

darin
12-20-2017, 07:48 AM
So I was thinking about HPD's "The BEAST" thread - looking at that tractor - it's a solid piece; a terrific tool (that's what she said).

Thus - I ask the board:

What is 'the best' - in your view:

TV
Car Maker
Coffee
Pickles
Camera
Knives
...way to cook a turkey
First Date
Vacation location

Follow-up: Is it important the way you prefer actually IS the best way?

Me:

TV No frickin idea. I've seen some sony I like (I have a sony 55" 3D LED LCD, but also a Panasonic)
Car Maker Depends on the job. Generally the most-fun large-scale car maker is mazda. Especially in bang-for-the-buck. But I like Audi, Porsche, Ford, and Mazda
Coffee Seattle's best
Pickles Nalley brand
Camera The one you have with you
Knives Bang for the buck? Chicago Cutlery. No expense spared? I really like Shun.
...way to cook a turkey Spatchcocked, hands-down.
First Date That's a tough one. I think something about an hour long is fine; gives both folks an out if needed. Avoid movies.
Vacation location In the summer: Mountain lakes and cabins and hammocks. Winter: uh...Probably the same.

High_Plains_Drifter
12-20-2017, 08:14 AM
So I was thinking about HPD's "The BEAST" thread - looking at that tractor - it's a solid piece; a terrific tool (that's what she said).

Thus - I ask the board:

TV
Car Maker
Coffee
Pickles
Camera
Knives
...way to cook a turkey
First Date
Vacation location

Me:

TV No frickin idea. I've seen some sony I like (I have a sony 55" 3D LED LCD, but also a Panasonic)
Car Maker Depends on the job. Generally the most-fun large-scale car maker is mazda. Especially in bang-for-the-buck. But I like Audi, Porsche, Ford, and Mazda
Coffee Seattle's best
Pickles Nalley brand
Camera The one you have with you
Knives Bang for the buck? Chicago Cutlery. No expense spared? I really like Shun.
...way to cook a turkey Spatchcocked, hands-down.
First Date That's a tough one. I think something about an hour long is fine; gives both folks an out if needed. Avoid movies.
Vacation location In the summer: Mountain lakes and cabins and hammocks. Winter: uh...Probably the same.
TV - LG OLED
Car Maker - Rolls Royce or Bentley
Coffee - I grind my own beans, and my favorite beans are Hawaiian Gold Kona beans, 2 lb bag
Pickles - Vlassic
Camera - A view camera, Hasselblad ... a 35mm digital camera, Canon
Knives - No idea
Way to cook a turkey - Brine it, then slow roast in a Nesco
First Date - I'm completely lost on that one. Been so long since I've been on a "date," I can't remember
Vacation location - Montana

Abbey Marie
12-20-2017, 09:10 AM

Thus - I ask the board:

Abbey:
TV No idea
Car Maker Um, no idea. Maybe Maserati?
Coffee I like Italian Roast
Pickles Morey Amsterdam's wife on Dick van Dyke
Camera No idea, but I've always though Nikon seemed cooler than most
Knives Cutco
...way to cook a turkey Any way but deep fried - yuk.
First Date The one where you talk excitedly all night
Vacation location - On a lake in Maine

As long as it seems best to you, no. (But my vacation spot really IS the best). :cool: