PDA

View Full Version : another vehicle plows into a crowd: Australia.

Black Diamond
12-21-2017, 03:33 AM
Can't get the link to paste. An SUV mowed into a crowd of people in Melbourne.

darin
12-21-2017, 06:01 AM
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/21/world/australia/melbourne-car-cbd.html

Kathianne
12-21-2017, 07:10 AM
I just woke up and it seems like he may just be an addict and a bit unhinged? So far I'm not hearing it on the news, but I missed the top of the hour.

Kathianne
12-21-2017, 07:20 AM
Ok, bottom of the hour reports say they are ruling out terror for now, for reasons I stated above. Yet, he is an Afghani, so they will keep looking. Along the lines of 'nothing to see here,' they've arrest two, which sort of blanks out the lone nutter, no?

darin
12-21-2017, 07:23 AM
Ok, bottom of the hour reports say they are ruling out terror for now, for reasons I stated above. Yet, he is an Afghani, so they will keep looking. Along the lines of 'nothing to see here,' they've arrest two, which sort of blanks out the lone nutter, no?

yeah - there's no way they would let it be anything terror-related because #religionofpeace and all that stuff.

High_Plains_Drifter
12-21-2017, 11:16 AM
Yeah they'll try and sugar coat it, diffuse it, LIE about it, but I guarantee it's a terror incident... I saw a news real of the guy on the ground, and he's your typical, bearded, middle east young man terrorist looking ass clown from Afghanistan... tell me he didn't INTEND to run those people over, when we've already seen time and again THIS IS WHAT THEY DO, then try and sell me some beach front property in Arizona.

mundame
12-21-2017, 11:29 AM
Agreed, HPD: if he's a bearded Afghani, odds are it's jihad. The authorities are trying to avoid public anger. Note that it's the Christmas season, when the terrorists can be expected to strike.

I am going to assume cover-up.