PDA

View Full Version : `.......hellraiser judgement`

LongTermGuy
12-22-2017, 02:42 AM
https://www.glocktalk.com/attachments/pinhead-paul-jpg.371992/

`This movie has been in limbo for some time. Not the least of which is Weinstein has the franchise rights.

This is a low budget film. The details of the rights require a movie to be made every X number of years. That is how we got the last one....which was beyond horrible.

*The difference with this one is it has been made by people with a real connection and passion for the franchise. The new Pinhead, Paul Taylor, actually cuts a pretty good figure of the Hell Priest. He is also being a very proactive advocate for this film and franchise. `

http://www.clivebarkercast.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/hjgtbutcher.jpg

Hellraiser: Judgment follows three detectives — Sean Carter, David Carter, and Christine Egerton — investigate a serial killer, only to discover a much deeper threat of otherworldly proportions.

http://www.clivebarkercast.com/2017/12/21/official-release-date-for-hellraiser-judgment/ (http://www.clivebarkercast.com/2017/12/21/official-release-date-for-hellraiser-judgment/)

High_Plains_Drifter
12-22-2017, 07:47 AM
I have never been into horror movies. Long, long ago my girl friend at the time talked me into going to see The Exorcist. I had heard about it and did not want to see it, but she did and wouldn't go alone so I got sucked into going. Well, I had nightmares about that stupid movies for years.

LongTermGuy
12-22-2017, 09:40 AM
I have never been into horror movies. Long, long ago my girl friend at the time talked me into going to see The Exorcist. I had heard about it and did not want to see it, but she did and wouldn't go alone so I got sucked into going. Well, I had nightmares about that stupid movies for years.

Oh ya..understand....

Myself...I have always enjoyed the entertainment aspect of Horror flicks...

..For me it was always the `Good against Evil` thing....how to beat it and see how the actors would respond to the `Challenge` ....will they scream and die like sheep...or will they figure out a pay-back plan...find the evil and destroy it in one form or another...

Abbey Marie
12-22-2017, 10:14 AM

I hear ya. I've never seen The Exorcist, and avoid movies that are either about supernatural evil, or are "slasher" movies. I think the former is dangerous territory, and enjoying the latter is as misogynistic as it gets. I often wonder why anyone would enjoy seeing people graphically mutilated and murdered.

LongTermGuy
12-25-2017, 02:26 PM
I hear ya. I've never seen The Exorcist, and avoid movies that are either about supernatural evil, or are "slasher" movies. I think the former is dangerous territory, and enjoying the latter is as misogynistic as it gets. I often wonder why anyone would enjoy seeing people graphically mutilated and murdered.

There is a market for all movie in a free country...sport movies...action...thriller...drama adventure...love stories etc...Horror flick are popular at Halloween...or the slasher flicks anytime...Folks like to get scared or figure how to get away if they were in the same situation...everyone has different tastes and `understand`..a movie is a movie.......Only in communist run countries people with twisted minds "control" with people are allowed to see..watch or hear...

darin
12-26-2017, 02:41 AM
There is a market for all movie in a free country...sport movies...action...thriller...drama adventure...love stories etc...Horror flick are popular at Halloween...or the slasher flicks anytime...Folks like to get scared or figure how to get away if they were in the same situation...everyone has different tastes and `understand`..a movie is a movie.......Only in communist run countries people with twisted minds "control" with people are allowed to see..watch or hear...

Why did you quote Abbey in your reply then not comment on her point? Weird.

On the topic of horror movies - do not particularly like. I prefer thrillers perhaps - something like The Village, by M. Night Shamamamamamamamamamalayan (sp?) :)

LongTermGuy
12-26-2017, 09:26 AM
Why did you quote Abbey in your reply then not comment on her point? Weird.

On the topic of horror movies - do not particularly like. I prefer thrillers perhaps - something like The Village, by M. Night Shamamamamamamamamamalayan (sp?) :)

Dont understand?? I was replying to Abbeys reply...explaining the American public has different taste`s... I didnt see a problem with it...I like all types of thrillers and horror movies...(to see how the good guys escape or fight back) Thats my point... darin ..you no like my point? :(

Maybe just delete the whole Thread...and lets get on with our lives. I have no problem with that. :)

darin
12-26-2017, 09:36 AM
Dont understand?? I was replying to Abbeys reply...explaining the American public has different taste`s... I didnt see a problem with it...I like all types of thrillers and horror movies...(to see how the good guys escape or fight back) Thats my point... darin ..you no like my point? :(

Maybe just delete the whole Thread...and lets get on with our lives. I have no problem with that. :)

Abbey Point was: "I often wonder why anyone would enjoy seeing people graphically mutilated and murdered."

You jumped her shit saying "people have a right!" etc. I'm saying it's off topic. That doesn't answer her speculation - which was rhetorical probably - wondering why folks like something.

has nothing to do with markets and freedom and all that - it's like you were looking for a reason to preach or go-off about something. Simmah down. It's all okay.

Russ
12-26-2017, 01:10 PM

I agree. Generic monsters like the "Alien" movies are unobjectionable because they are scary but not evil. Supernatural evil, like the Exorcist, I don't like because I believe that the evil, satanic forces being represented is all too real. And I always think that the slasher characters are motivated or created by Satan. I don't like satanic elements in movies, and even if the good guy wins in the end (which probably is not even a given) it doesn't make up for it.

I like action and battle well enough, like Dunkirk or the "Last Kingdom" tv series, but I consider evil and slasher stuff to be bad for your soul.

darin
12-27-2017, 01:47 AM
I agree. Generic monsters like the "Alien" movies are unobjectionable because they are scary but not evil. Supernatural evil, like the Exorcist, I don't like because I believe that the evil, satanic forces being represented is all too real. And I always think that the slasher characters are motivated or created by Satan. I don't like satanic elements in movies, and even if the good guy wins in the end (which probably is not even a given) it doesn't make up for it.

I like action and battle well enough, like Dunkirk or the "Last Kingdom" tv series, but I consider evil and slasher stuff to be bad for your soul.

I'm kinda scared to see Dunkirk - because it's kind of like...I dunno...a defeat movie? I also won't watch 13 hours. or anything about 11 Sep stuff. Just weird like that. :(

LongTermGuy
12-27-2017, 02:30 AM
I'm kinda scared to see Dunkirk - because it's kind of like...I dunno...a defeat movie? I also won't watch 13 hours. or anything about 11 Sep stuff. Just weird like that. :(

I kind of want to see Dunkirk ...all about `history`...looks like an interesting movie darin...anything about Sept 11 feeds my resolve (something Americans should Never forget) again history..and it should not be feared....but remembered and good action taken ....to help prevent such 3rd world Ignorance...:salute:

darin
12-27-2017, 04:41 AM
I have no need to re-feel what i felt and i was 3500 miles away during the attack. Don't need to 'not-forget'.

LongTermGuy
12-27-2017, 08:49 AM
I have no need to re-feel what i felt and i was 3500 miles away during the attack. Don't need to 'not-forget'.

.....No Problem with that darin ..`to each their own....`

http://onjacksonstreet.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/911neverforget.jpg

Abbey Marie
12-27-2017, 02:24 PM
Abbey Point was: "I often wonder why anyone would enjoy seeing people graphically mutilated and murdered."

You jumped her shit saying "people have a right!" etc. I'm saying it's off topic. That doesn't answer her speculation - which was rhetorical probably - wondering why folks like something.

has nothing to do with markets and freedom and all that - it's like you were looking for a reason to preach or go-off about something. Simmah down. It's all okay.

Bingo
:beer:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-27-2017, 02:42 PM
Back on topic.
I prefer movies that have a historic aspect about them , WW2 MOVIES THAT HAVE SOME REALISM.
Westerns that were done well, with a bit more realism than cowboys shooting Indians.
Horror movies, I can take or leave but science fiction, movies , I love to watch if they are done well, with great special effects.
Action movies are high on my list too.....
Sweet, sappy love movies, ughhhhhhhhhh..
Or damn singing and dance movies, double ugghhhhh....--Tyr