PDA

View Full Version : I don't know who "GLENN" is, but...

High_Plains_Drifter
12-24-2017, 03:27 PM
... I just ask that you please don't use this board's PM system to proselytize to me... thank you.

If you would like to open a discussion on the board as to the contents of your PM, I would then, as would all members here, be able to answer your questions.

Thanks.

Gunny
12-24-2017, 04:00 PM
Sounds fair to me. To be completely non-partisan and ruthless about it, DP does not get post count for PMs. So, "Glenn" (whoever that is), help a brother out if you want to debate. Jimbob will appreciate it.

High_Plains_Drifter
12-24-2017, 04:43 PM
Sounds fair to me. To be completely non-partisan and ruthless about it, DP does not get post count for PMs. So, "Glenn" (whoever that is), help a brother out if you want to debate. Jimbob will appreciate it.
I take it you didn't get a PM from Glenn with his out of the blue religious query... I wonder why he picked me... wonder if it has anything to do with me having a link to the board up on my twitter account? I do say I'm a Christian in my short account description... https://twitter.com/Wyatt_Earp_II

I'm sure hundreds if not thousands see the link on my twitter home page... IDK.

I'm guessing it's OK to have the link there... if not let me know. I'll remove it.

Gunny
12-24-2017, 04:53 PM
I take it you didn't get a PM from Glenn with his out of the blue religious query... I wonder why he picked me... wonder if it has anything to do with me having a link to the board up on my twitter account? I do say I'm a Christian in my short account description... https://twitter.com/Wyatt_Earp_II

I'm sure hundreds if not thousands see the link on my twitter home page... IDK.

I'm guessing it's OK to have the link there... if not let me know. I'll remove it.Guess I was left out. Lucky YOU :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
12-24-2017, 05:28 PM
Guess I was left out. Lucky YOU :laugh:
So is it OK for me to keep the link to the board on my twitter?
jimnyc Abbey

jimnyc
12-24-2017, 05:59 PM
So is it OK for me to keep the link to the board on my twitter?
jimnyc Abbey

There's no issue with that. :)

I'm more concerned about the PM issue and if someone is abusing it or nagging members here, or worse, using it to try and lure members away somehow. Or if just a pain in the ass type.

High_Plains_Drifter
12-24-2017, 06:06 PM
There's no issue with that. :)

I'm more concerned about the PM issue and if someone is abusing it or nagging members here, or worse, using it to try and lure members away somehow. Or if just a pain in the ass type.
Jim... I pm'd Gunny about it.

This member has ZERO post, ZERO everything. Spells trolling to me, bro.

jimnyc
12-24-2017, 06:10 PM
Jim... I pm'd Gunny about it.

This member has ZERO post, ZERO everything. Spells trolling to me, bro.

Advertising in any manner? abusive? If so, forward along. If just a pain in the ass, tell them how much you want to swing in a hammock with them in nothing more than sandals!!

High_Plains_Drifter
12-24-2017, 06:34 PM
Advertising in any manner? abusive? If so, forward along. If just a pain in the ass, tell them how much you want to swing in a hammock with them in nothing more than sandals!!
I get enough of the ultra hyper religious zealot holy consumed stuff from my son on a daily basis... I don't need it here, especially if it's trolling.

My son thinks he was close to DYING after taking a hit of MEDICINAL POT from his STEP DAD on top of PIKES PEEK in CO and GOD talked to him and told him that he was wasting his life, so he is on this MEGA, ULTRA INDULGED religious freak out. I think he was SHORT ON OXYGEN and no doubt and no doubt the POT FREAKED HIM OUT, but I'm getting a little fed up with it all, because... it has CONSUMED him... he is no longer himself... EVERYTHING... day in, day out, is GOD THIS, GOD THAT, and he's reading ALL this stuff just CRAMMING his head with stuff that HE has CHERRY PICKED to SUPPORT what he WANTS to believe, and no matter WHAT I FIND to the CONTRARY, he blows past it as FALSE, or even better yet, MY OPINION and BELIEFS are being INFLUENCED by the SATAN. So it's wearing a little THIN on me, so I don't need some ASS CLOWN trolling me HERE with the same stuff. I've got my hands full with my SON ALREADY.
jimnyc Gunny

Gunny
12-24-2017, 08:48 PM
If he follows up, let one of us know (staff). You can put him on ignore. If it's a one-off, don't worry about it. It could be from your social media. No one else has reported the guy.

GravyBoat
12-25-2017, 06:09 AM
Uprightness/Glenn wrote me, too. Something about a discernment offer. I Googled the number he left, he does this kind of things at other boards, probably running some kind of scam. You call him and he tries to sell you the pope's recipe for crackers, that kind of thing.

High_Plains_Drifter
12-25-2017, 06:19 AM
Uprightness/Glenn wrote me, too. Something about a discernment offer. I Googled the number he left, he does this kind of things at other boards, probably running some kind of scam. You call him and he tries to sell you the pope's recipe for crackers, that kind of thing.
Yep... he's a spammer/troll.

The ban hammer should follow.

Black Diamond
12-27-2017, 05:27 PM
He just sent me a pm asking which side I am on.

Gunny
12-27-2017, 05:32 PM
He just sent me a pm asking which side I am on.Did he bother to put any parameters on "side"?:laugh:

Black Diamond
12-27-2017, 05:42 PM
Did he bother to put any parameters on "side"?:laugh:
Probably but I didn't look very hard. It involved bible verses I think